1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I know it's not canonical, but those yokes need steering columns. They look incredibly awkward jutting out of the dashboard, with no pipes or cables leading down underneath.

Hey Red,

We're going for screen accuracy (as close as we can). The original yokes (added before filming ESB) actually went all the way to the floor. I can only assume they were removed due to space and the difficulties getting in and out of the pilots/co pilot chairs - Peter Mayhew isn't a little guy. So, they moved them to the edge of the console panel.

I'm sure you've seen this pic - second one down
http://www.therpf.com/f79/1-1-millennium-falcon-console-replica-147319/

The image Davey Jones posted shows the final versions of the yokes - BEST image so far
http://www.therpf.com/f79/1-1-millennium-falcon-console-replica-147319/index164.html#post3108302

Last edited:

it's not my fault! All you did was ask me for a printable grip for the steering yokes, and I had to go and start to build the whole rest of the ESB cockpit (and interior...) Before that I was minding my own business, I swear! Heh heh.

This was all part of your master plan... ;)

Now that I'm seeing all those B&W pictures, wouldn't be great if you could take a pic of your cockpit in the same fashion?

Hi Gang,

I might have to put forward progress on hold... something "cool" is brewing. Stand By! :)

Now that I'm seeing all those B&W pictures, wouldn't be great if you could take a pic of your cockpit in the same fashion?

something like this?

0001AA_zps0deed0a0.jpg

I did this a while back...

http://www.therpf.com/f79/1-1-millennium-falcon-console-replica-147319/index121.html#post2955923

Hi Gang,

I might have to put forward progress on hold... something "cool" is brewing. Stand By! :)

You're either making a Han in Carbonite, or a Snowspeeder. It's probably a snowspeeder. Or possibly the E-web blaster. You're making the E-web blaster, aren't you!

Oops, didn't see that one SofaKing01:unsure ...waiting in anticipation on your "new brew" (and I ain't talkin' beer;))

The Falcon Radar Dish? I can't believe you'll abandon the life size Millennium Falcon, before it's done. Although a life size snowspeeder is my ultimate dream!! That's my favorite craft. Or a speeder bike... or the desert skiff from Return Of The Jedi. So many choices!!!!

Hi Gang,

First... Sorry for no real updates. Its been raining most of the weekend.

I'm not switching gears at all! The MF is still THE PRIMARY FOCUS! I don't want to do any major construction until I know for sure "if and what" is actually going to happen. I know that's not much to go on... Sorry. BUT... Chris and I will be working in concert on ANOTHER major part of the MF. This piece is almost as big as the cockpit!

In the meantime... I thought I would give a go at creating one of the canopy greeblies using wooden dowels and other misc wood items. I won't be sure how I feel until the primer is on. Naturally, I would prefer the actual part or a 3D print - but cost is still a bit too high...

Here we are so far... still lots of filler and sanding required.
20131207_143914_zps594608c0.jpg

20131207_175952_zpsd0f099fd.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

Chris and I will be working in concert with each on ANOTHER major part of the MF. This piece is almost as big as the cockpit!

The gunner pod behind the quad laser gun? ... Nav computer? ... Landing gear? ... Chess table area? ... Piece of the hall? ... Those would be my guesses.

Last edited:

If it's the gunner pod, the turret will have to be mounted laterally (or possibly upside down), which seems really dangerous considering the huge base it currently needs.

The gunner pod behind the quad laser gun? ... Nav computer? ... Landing gear? ... Chess table area? ... Piece of the hall? ... Those would be my guesses.

Maybe...

- - - Updated - - -

I think trainman is on the right track: my bet in on the gun turret area:)

I would LOVE to do that area... but it's something else...

- - - Updated - - -

If it's the gunner pod, the turret will have to be mounted laterally (or possibly upside down), which seems really dangerous considering the huge base it currently needs.

Wouldn't be easier (and much safer) to turn the gunner pod and have the person sitting upside down? Makes sense to me. ;)

The whole mounting quad laser gun could only be done with the proper metal clamps/braces and would be expensive to pull. Since you're the King of stripes/greeblies/buttons and the likes, the gunner tunnel would've been a logical transition. But noooooooooo, you couldn't do things like "normal people" do, you have to be special:D. Right, here's my second guess: the ramp and the corridor leading to the cockpit:)

The whole mounting quad laser gun could only be done with the proper metal clamps/braces and would be expensive to pull. Since you're the King of stripes/greeblies/buttons and the likes, the gunner tunnel would've been a logical transition. But noooooooooo, you couldn't do things like "normal people" do, you have to be special:D. Right, here's my second guess: the ramp and the corridor leading to the cockpit:)

LOL! I know, I know... I couldn't be MORE difficult... And the answer to your follow up question is a resounding... no. ;)

I will say this... it is over 4 feet wide, 8-10 feet long (if i remember) and 6-8 feet high... approximately. I'm still in discussion with Chris on how we move forward.

Although, I think the hallway leading to the cockpit would be amazing if not fairly easy (once you created the padding molds)! You would definately have a sense of being in the actual MF.

Landing leg?
..and although it's a gigantic extension I'd love to see the section of corridor coming off the back of the pit, it would be cool when the door was open to be able to see it leading away. That said, even the short section shown in the original set blueprints is still bigger than the cockpit itself.. big job (and probably not very transportable)

Where do you get a torture droid when you need one:facepalm...in the famous words of Daffy Duck: "You thir are dithpicable" But seriously folks, since I've now some measurement it seems to me that it could be Chewie's bunk bed;), yep and I'll stick to my choice!

Hi Gang,

To prove how disconnected I am from the project and life in general... I placed those thin strips of wood for the canopy details in the tub to soak 3 times and have completely forgot about them... When I remember... the water has drained and the wood is dry again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back