1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

To prove how disconnected I am from the project and life in general... I placed those thin strips of wood for the canopy details in the tub to soak 3 times and have completely forgot about them... When I remember... the water has drained and the wood is dry again.

So long as you didn't take a bath with the wood, I think you'll be fine. You just need a break from time to time.

Hi Gang,

Finally got the pieces of wood out of the tub... and I've continued work on the canopy greeblie. But we might print a more accurate 3D version...

20131208_121507_zpsa84073b0.jpg

20131208_131359_zps97cde2b2.jpg

Just plain simple wood dowels from the art supply store. I'll sand, prime and paint to see how they turn out
20131208_131423_zpsd27b3e6b.jpg

Water logged wood strips are going to dry in place. This makes it easier on the wood to adhere into their final position
20131211_175551_zps94abee07.jpg

20131211_175556_zps74f3901f.jpg

Yes... I know... this means more sanding, priming, sanding, priming, painting...
20131211_175608_zps616315f8.jpg

20131211_175650_zpsac531c8d.jpg

20131211_175654_zps9389823b.jpg

More to Follow!

Very cool detailing going on there SK, the strips really finish off that look well.

Very cool detailing going on there SK, the strips really finish off that look well.

Thank you, Sir. They should be dried out by this afternoon. I'm going to cut them down, adhere into place and start the filling and sanding process...

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing work going on there! :love

Thanks! I just ordered the JEGS reacing seats and they should be arriving at Chris Lee's place pretty soon! You know what this means? We'll have a pilot / co-pilot seats!

:)

Hi Gang,

As a reminder, if there is ANYBODY interested in getting involved with this build - PLEASE let me know or go to FullScaleFalcon and get involved! We are always looking for anybody and everybody interested in this fan based project! :)

Hi Gang,

As a reminder, if there is ANYBODY interested in getting involved with this build - PLEASE let me know or go to FullScaleFalcon and get involved! We are always looking for anybody and everybody interested in this fan based project! :)

I work with wood, paint, nails, screws, hand tools, and electric tools on a daily basis at work. I could probably help if you PAID ME! :p

I work with wood, paint, nails, screws, hand tools, and electric tools on a daily basis at work. I could probably help if you PAID ME! :p

For every 12 hours of work you put in, you get to sit in the pilot seat for 5 minutes. :D

For every 12 hours of work you put in, you get to sit in the pilot seat for 5 minutes. :D

Tell you what... it's the holidays... let's make it 10 min ;) But no sound effects. That's only after 14 hours of work!

Last edited:

I'd need food and board. If you've got Rebel Fleet rations like what Luke eats in ESB, then I'm good to go. Just let me sleep in the Falcon.

Alabama is waaayyy too far from my neck of the wood (pun intended)...shame though, 'cause I know a thing or two about woodworking. Btw, those strips of wood are looking good all bent and stuff:)

Hi Gang,

Well... it looks like we have another show coming up! Thankfully it is local to me right here in the Hunstville, AL area (VBC). But the good news is that the promoters / organizers are trying to secure TV hosts Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters to attend! And even better - we've secured a lighting and sound man to bring the display cockpit to life!

More information as it comes in!!!! :D

Last edited:

Cool! any idea on a date? I need to get some goodies to you.

I just ordered the plexiglass sheet, so I can finish the door lights. :)

Cool! any idea on a date? I need to get some goodies to you.

I just ordered the plexiglass sheet, so I can finish the door lights. :)

Hey DC,

Just got word that it will be Dec 21st! If that's too soon - no worries at all!

Speaking of door lights (which I'm VERY excited to see) I HAVE to redesign the door. It is too heavy and the materiel I used won't really work with what you have done. Plus I'm going to make it double sided.

Hi Gang,

Great news! We will be displaying the cockpit and quad laser at the Von Braun Center December 21, 2013 in Huntsville, AL for the Mythbuster's Meet & Greet show. We are hoping both Adam and Jamie will be appearing. There is even a chance (slight) the cockpit / project will be showcased (along with other projects) on an upcoming episode!

Stand By for more details!

I guess I have to get my butt in gear and those trim pieces finished before next Saturday.

Last edited:

Bummer, that would probably be too soon. Would you have the new door made by then? That would be too cool for Jamie and Adam to do the show from the cockpit! :) :) :)

Hi Gang,

Great news! We will be displaying the cockpit and quad laser at the Von Braun Center December 21, 2013 in Hunstville, AL for the Mythbuster's Meet & Greet show. We are hoping both Adam and Jamie will be appearing. There is even a chance (slight) the cockpit / project will be showcased (along with other projects) on an upcoming episode!

Stand By for more details!

I guess I have to get my butt in gear and those trim pieces finished before next Saturday.

Bummer, that would probably be too soon. Would you have the new door made by then? That would be too cool for Jamie and Adam to do the show from the cockpit! :) :) :)

That's ok. No worries at all. I've left the cockpit unassembled for this exact reason. I'll get to the new door after the show and when you deliver the electronics - I'll need to take some measurements on where/how to mount everything.

I'm going to focus on the canopy strips for now. Shouldn't be too much work - HA... I say that now!

Kindly paint my username all over the Falcon. I just want to see it on TV for bragging rights.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back