1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Ok boys and girls...Got the quote back from classiccarseats.com

To make a pair of screen accurate falcon seats...Suede microfiber fronts, matching leatherette back, the pattern and stitching of Maruska's seat renders...

$750 each...Grand total with shipping and handling would be just over $1700.00 for two.

Honestly not too bad a price for totally custom seats...What say ye?

Should I send this to Chris Lee as well?

Jason

WHEW... While I agree that 1700 is pretty good for custom seats, 1700 can go A LONG way toward other material. We're still a long way away from making any final decision but THANK YOU for taking the time to get all the info. Did you forward to Chris Lee?

Awesome work on this project. I have always loved the falcon's interior. I even contemplated re-decorating my home theatre in a falcon theme.

Thanks so much! It's definately been an experience so far. As far as you home theater... no more contemplating... DO IT! :)

Man that's looking great!

Thank you, Sir! I have to admit, these panels do look much better than the previous ones. I always thought the front was a little too pointy. These are much better - if I can make them fit!

Hi Gang,

Does anybody know the specific name of the high density foam that used for pool floats? I think this material would be perfect for the padding around the door. I was thinking of picking up a few used floats but it has the smooth layer on top and I don't know exactly how I would remove it without the necessary tools.

Ok boys and girls...Got the quote back from classiccarseats.com

To make a pair of screen accurate falcon seats...Suede microfiber fronts, matching leatherette back, the pattern and stitching of Maruska's seat renders...

$750 each...Grand total with shipping and handling would be just over $1700.00 for two.

Honestly not too bad a price for totally custom seats...What say ye?

Should I send this to Chris Lee as well?

Jason

Oh My, I have always wanted a Falcon Seat in my man room. Would live to see pics of one of these made up. Better get started on buttering-up the wife!!!

Keep up the awsome work on the project SofaKing.... just found this thread today and spent about 2 hours reading through it and following your progress!

That looks so cool, are you going to clad the outside? Sorry if you have answered this already, but you so need to clad it and make the front of the canopy, it would be criminal not too

That looks so cool, are you going to clad the outside? Sorry if you have answered this already, but you so need to clad it and make the front of the canopy, it would be criminal not too

Hi K,

Thanks! I am planning to create the canopy along with the front window. Not sure how I'm going to pull it off but it is planned. Making the canopy without the outer skin would be silly if not a crime punishable by forcing me to make it. If I do, it would have to be a stand alone piece that rested/bolted against/to the cockpit walls. Because this is for promotional purposes, the cockpit must be taken apart for easy travel.

But I am thinking about it! :)

For ease of installation you could have banners with the right texture printed and "wrap" the cockpit.

Hi Gang,

Question: Since the platform will be walked on, kicked and bumped, I really have NO desire to take the time to make the platform smooth like the panels. I'm going to use a 1/2 inch piece of ply. Here's my question. I was thinking about staining it black and then painting it the same color as the panels. Can I do this? What type of paint would I need to adhere to the stain?

Hi Gang,

Question: Since the platform will be walked on, kicked and bumped, I really have NO desire to take the time to make the platform smooth like the panels. I'm going to use a 1/2 inch piece of ply. Here's my question. I was thinking about staining it black and then painting it the same color as the panels. Can I do this? What type of paint would I need to adhere to the stain?
An enamel floor paint should work well, it's generally used on basement or garage floors, has great adhesion and durability. This is looking great by the way (y)cool (as always!)
Edit: I've seen some metallic/grey linoleum at Big Box stores, never checked the price though

So you think that will mix well with the black stain? I wanted to put an undercoat of stain in thevent of scratches, knicks, etc...

So you think that will mix well with the black stain? I wanted to put an undercoat of stain in thevent of scratches, knicks, etc...
As long as your using an oil based stain under an oil based paint you shouldn't have any problems with adhesion

Hi Gang,

Or you could always try a sheet of ply covered with sheet metal. Would give the durability you need in that one spot.

Or you could always try a sheet of ply covered with sheet metal. Would give the durability you need in that one spot.

HMMMM... That a good idea... Maybe a 1/4 in piece of alluminum? I used to have a kit car (many many years ago) that used something similar for the floor pan...

HMMMM... That a good idea... Maybe a 1/4 in piece of alluminum? I used to have a kit car (many many years ago) that used something similar for the floor pan...

1/4" would probably be way thicker than you need but ya, that's the idea. :)

Bonus is it would be smooth and not take away from the overall asthetic. Even if the paint scuffs it's metal showing through so it looks alright.

The nice thing about aluminum is that its light weight. The thicker the better. When you add the console, chairs and people with their costumes... I don't think 1/8 in partical board would work... it would be funny... but it wouldn't work.

I also like the idea of the scuff marks showing through - it'll have that lived in look. That's one reason why I'm keeping the entire cockpit outside - let it dirty up and age instead of being inside.

WHEW... While I agree that 1700 is pretty good for custom seats, 1700 can go A LONG way toward other material. We're still a long way away from making any final decision but THANK YOU for taking the time to get all the info. Did you forward to Chris Lee?

I totally agree...But I definitely wanted you to have the info. Now you know. :)

I have not forwarded to Chris yet...Been busy with a project of my own.

Great work BTW. Things are really starting to come together nicely.

Jason

The nice thing about aluminum is that its light weight. The thicker the better. When you add the console, chairs and people with their costumes... I don't think 1/8 in partical board would work... it would be funny... but it wouldn't work.

I also like the idea of the scuff marks showing through - it'll have that lived in look. That's one reason why I'm keeping the entire cockpit outside - let it dirty up and age instead of being inside.

Fair point. :thumbsup

Don't want that beautiful console crashing through the floor! :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back