1:1 LUKE SKYWALKER (Full Figure Statue) RE-BOOT "Latest Pics Last Page"

Re: 1:1 LUKE SKYWALKER (Quest for Ultimate Realism) NEW PIC 4/3/11!!!!

Incredible work, as always!
There's something about the mouth that's bugging me though.....i'm not sure if it's slightly too wide....

Rich

Re: 1:1 ESB/ROTJ LUKE SKYWALKER (Quest for Ultimate Realism) NEW PIC 4/3/11!!!!

Hey Guys, I've been pretty busy on other projects recently but managed to do a few things last week on it... I've changed the mouth and widened the eyes... More or less completely reworked it.

hamilltest.jpg

hamilltest2.jpg

Re: 1:1 ESB/ROTJ LUKE SKYWALKER (Quest for Ultimate Realism) NEW PIC 5/27/11!!!!

Any updates on this phil? Cant wait to see this finished.

Re: 1:1 ESB/ROTJ LUKE SKYWALKER (Quest for Ultimate Realism) NEW PIC 5/27/11!!!!

You've really reworked it since I last saw it Phil - it's nice to see the evolution of the piece.

Its kinda on ice while I clear some projects.... but rest assured this will have my fullest attention in due course ;)

I can't wait to see where this goes. I love it! Keep up the good work.

Starting on this again soon ;)

wow I missed this, can't wait to see this to fruition. Your sculpts are simply amazing Phil!

Well I thought it was high time I revisited this project to move it on to the next stage from busts to full body sculpts... Well I'm half way there more or less :lol This is my first full body sculpt so I refuse to use doctored mannequins and moldings of hands. The challenge as a sculptor is doing it 100% from scratch, much like my Superman statue... from clay to fabric (everything is made by my hands.... No subcontracts - No third parties ;)

lukescu11.jpg

lukescu10.jpg

lukescu14.jpg

[
lukescu13.jpg

lukescu12.jpg

Re: 1:1 ESB/ROTJ LUKE SKYWALKER (Full Figure Statue) "Latest Pics Last Page"

And heres the key reference point... and judging by the past where I always seem to inspire another artist to follow suit I thought I'd better show it before - time will tell :lol:lol:lol

lukeyoda.jpg

The first torso pic reminds me of that little creepy vampire guy from Blade 2!
Seriously though Phil, this is looking spectacular. I love watching your progress!

Luke is looking fantastic. :thumbsup

Is he going to be giving one of your Yodas a piggy back ride.

Looks fantastic Phil. I can see him standing in a glas cabinet with a functional Yoda puppet sitting on his back:love

Holy Shiite - I honestly am so over Star Wars...but this is UNBELIEVABLE. I mean, my eyes and my brain are having trouble sorting through what you've done here. The reality of this piece is...I mean - are you a GOD??

Superb, you are the top man of all things Dagobah!

Looking tremendous! Very cool that you're going all out and sculpting the full body. Can't wait to see this finished along with your yoda on his back!

Thanks guys... I need to order some more clay next week to do the legs :lol Anyone got an idea how tall Mark Hamill is???

Here a close-up of the texturing...

lukescu15.jpg

Like Ron Mueck I will be casting the lower body from the neck down in transulent resin and the head in silicone so the molding process is going to be quite interesting :wacko

1.75 meters, 175 cm or 5' 8", but people says he was 5' 6" in the first Star Wars film.

Thanks Abaris... Thought he was a short arse which means less clay to use :lol

Doesnt Ron Mueck actually paint his molds with from the inside out so his casts come out almost prepainted?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back