1:1 LUKE SKYWALKER (Full Figure Statue) RE-BOOT "Latest Pics Last Page"

Re: 1:1 LUKE SKYWALKER (Quest for Ultimate Realism) NEW PIC 4/3/11!!!!

Love it! The texture around the neck is fantastic.

Last edited:

Very cool. i'm terrified of even trying to texture my sculptures. I can't wait to see more.

How is that possible? It looks real, but it's unreal?

Looking great, but it sorta looks like he's freezing - goosebumps. Will it be toned down a bit in refinement?

Thanks guys....

If you look closely at necks they do carry those little rows of bumps which aren't noticable all the time due to the translucense of our skin... They're only really noticable with lifecasts, but like I say they will partically disappear when this becomes silicone :)

Phil

Well done so far! That looks fantastic!

That is amazing Phil. Is this wedclay?

You should film your techniques for skin texures. People would buy it. I know I would.

:eek

WOW!!!

Phil, it looks so unbelievable lifelike, I can't believe it...

Great work so far!!!

:thumbsup

Looking great! this is easily your best yet ;)

Is this done in WED (water clay)? I remember you used Chavant for a while, but I know you also us water.

H

Howard S Studios

Re: 1:1 LUKE SKYWALKER (wip) NEW PIC page 4!!!!

Thanks guys... Yeah I love Ron Mueck aswell... amazing huge oversized yet very lifelike statues! What I like about Kazus work is its totally realistic with the textures:love

It´s good to know that you are familiar with Ron Mueck.
There was a Video cassette/DVD of him, making hyper realistic figures including the making of his pregnant woman, available some years ago. Do you know this?
I can send it to you.

Very cool progress on Luke, Phil. It turnes out to become perfect!!!

That is amazing Phil. Is this wedclay?

You should film your techniques for skin texures. People would buy it. I know I would.
Looking great! this is easily your best yet ;)

Is this done in WED (water clay)? I remember you used Chavant for a while, but I know you also us water.

H

Howard S Studios

Thanks guys.... Yes this is indeed sculpted using WED clay... Its far quickier and easier to create in and better for texturing I find... I used this stuff, before, for my Emperor sculpt :) The only drawback I find is it dries out and has to be kept moist all the time. So a bit labour intensive in that sense but when you wrap for the day on it you just need to cover it in cling film.

It´s good to know that you are familiar with Ron Mueck.
There was a Video cassette/DVD of him, making hyper realistic figures including the making of his pregnant woman, available some years ago. Do you know this?
I can send it to you.

Very cool progress on Luke, Phil. It turnes out to become perfect!!!

That should be very interesting to see Jorg :eek

PS.... I'm gonna need a magnifying glass for the texturing on the eyelids I'm about to do ;)

Phil

Last edited:

Big changes on the way

Phil

Last edited:

Looks the dog's danglies man, Really looking forward to seeing this fully finished. Ive seen a lot of your work on here and have to say that this is definately the best to date. Great job and keep up the good work man, its inspiring.

Johnny

“The stone unhewn and cold Becomes a living mould, The more the marble wastes The more the statue grows.” Michelangelo Buonarotti

Thanks guys... I see a few tweaks coming on here after reviewing this pic a few times but nothing to serious. ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back