Suicide Squad

I'm thinking that it's gonna fill the void until we can get kickass 3

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

For me that's gonna be Deadpool this year. If DP is gonna like KA1, then by comparison SS might turn out to be KA2, unless it turns out to be surprisingly good (of which I'm still not convinced).

My "prediction" for the movie is that it will be pretty mediocre overall but will have some really awesome scenes (Batman interacting with Joker and Harley; Harley's Origins; Waller being badass; maybe even Waller interacting with Batman...). Pretty keen for those specific scenes but I'm really not expecting much from the movie. Also I love the scene where Joker's lying amongst the knives, it looks awesome and is totally in his character :D

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

My expectation is that i will have fun. Really lookin forward to leto the most as i have been a fan from the day he was announced as the joker, same for margot as harley. Then again the casting has been pretty much on point with maybe the exception of will smith and cara which i will have too see first before judging if they were right or not.

Bodes well... maybe. Generally speaking, these kinds of major changes to a film this far into production aren't a good sign...

Huh, no no no, lack of fun isn't what hurt BvS, I hope they're not going to turn this in a Guardian of the Galaxy wannabe. I love GotG, but DC made a choice to have a more serious universe, flip flopping now will only hurt them more.
They need cohesive and compelling stories, and they really need a cohesive shared universe too, which a complete change of tone would throw out of the window.
A few bits of humour here and there are totally fine, preferably dark humour for this property, but I hope they don't go overboard and turn to the Marvel formula.
They can't compete on that terrain, and I don't want Marvel-like movies from DC, I want another flavour, otherwise I might as well stick with Marvel.

I reckon there is more than a touch of Deadpools BO influencing in these reshoots. Dark sharp humour sprinkled throughout this would really help. Somebody give the Joker a chance to shine please!!! The success of Marvel is they deliver lines that feel like they come from their characters sense of humour, think RDJs Iron man is almost always perfect. I'm still hoping this will be a major hit.,

I wanted this to be so dark and gritty. A little fun here and there cause it is Harley Quinn of course. But I don't need a happy feel good movie from this squad. But once they hired will smith that went down the drain. Watch they did a reshoot to have the smith tard kids in the flick.

What killed this for me was Leto as the "Joker" and them hiring Will Smith for the movie. He's starting to turn into a very expensive version of Adam Sandler.

I just saw the trailer for this thing for the first time.

I'm personally TIRED of dark and gritty in the DC Universe and in general. But when I saw this..

My first thought was It's like their version of a marvel movie.. Comedy, humor style, and right down to classic music ala guardians of the galaxy trailer.
BUT, the characters are so redesigned from classic looks that it might as well be something else other than a DC property.

That's Harlley Quin? wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out.

this one I really have no interest in seeing.....
Snookie joker looks even worse in motion. I can't even look at that thing it's so gross...

- - - Updated - - -

DC needs to stop reacting to Marvel and boldly stick with a course of action.

I MIGHT be interested in this if the characters at least LOOKED right, say a Bruce timm style done in live action..

But as it is, this thing seems like an odd stop on the WB train wreck that'll be forgotten quickly..

the characters LOOK dark and grim and gritty, but...it's a light hearted movie?

who's making the decisions at WB?

I think one of the issues they'll face with this is that the average movie goer doesn't know who a lot of them are.

Seems like there should have been a few hero movies where they were vanquished - THEN they re-appear down the line as the SS - after you know them as villains. Captain Boomerang? Katana? Killer Croc? and even Deadshot are not going to be known villains i'd wager by 1/2 or more of their intended viewing audience.

I don't know if the comics ever established any of the GoTG as major league villains first, but, all the above are major villains, and their not reformed either. It's more dirty dozen than Guardians. if any of them die, the powers that be don't care one bit. Totally wrong move to make it after guardians - if that's what they're doing. Being hardcore villains would be much more interesting.

It sounds like the reshoots they're doing are surprisingly expensive for reshoots, maybe they're adding effects? Now if they'd just give us a real Joker and not this knockoff.

The nature of these reshoots just strengthen my belief that WB doesn't know what they're doing and didn't plan their DCEU slate thoroughly enough. Good thing I have zero interest in seeing this film in the theaters, I'll wait for WW next year when hopefully they'll get their act together.

The nature of these reshoots just strengthen my belief that WB doesn't know what they're doing and didn't plan their DCEU slate thoroughly enough. Good thing I have zero interest in seeing this film in the theaters, I'll wait for WW next year when hopefully they'll get their act together.

Im along the lines of this, but if Zack Snyder has his filthy rat claws into WW Im going to steer clear of that. Even just from the trailer, its funny how DC/WB is trying to emulate Marvel/Disney. This is their GotG and man. It looks awful. I still cant get over the killer croc make up. It bothers me it looks so bad.

I just noticed from the figure that HQ has a "lucky you" tattoo above her crotch. :facepalm

Last edited:
She does look like quite a dumpster tramp. However, that will pair well with that crack-addict-white-trash-looking depiction of Joker that they've concocted.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back