Suicide Squad (Post-release)

Dude, Hans Zimmer, Ramin Djawadi, Danny Elfman... Tons of great composers still working today ! And a great OST should never overshadow the visuals, but accompany them, elevate them...
Just to be a punk, Hans Zimmer said he isnt doing superhero movies anymore. :devil

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....
Let's blame SJW. Meanwhile, some of Marvel's best selling books are the female Thor's and the Muslim Ms. Marvel. :lol
Just to poke the bear a bit, thats not exactly true, at least for the most recent sales figures for December from Diamond Distributors. Marvel is getting its ass kicked by DC at the moment, and some speculate its because long time fans arent picking up the books that gender swap their favorite characters. http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-12.html

I personally dont collect comics anymore, and havent for years, except The Walking Dead, but if they screwed around with my favorite heroes, I sure as hell wouldnt buy them. When they made spider man go crazy, ripped the adamantium out of wolverine, broke Batmans back, and killed Superman in the 90s...thats when I stopped collecting. If they are doing an alternate print, thats not the main contiunity, then maybe, but the actual one? Nah... Marvel is also doing some pretty crappy stuff regarding canceling books because they dont own the movie rights to them, which is super shady as well. Its a business I guess, but still. I dont think rampant greed is an excuse to be a shady company and be a jerk to your fans. Kinda sucks but whatever. :facepalm

Just to poke the bear a bit, thats not exactly true, at least for the most recent sales figures for December from Diamond Distributors. Marvel is getting its ass kicked by DC at the moment, and some speculate its because long time fans arent picking up the books that gender swap their favorite characters. http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-12.html

I personally dont collect comics anymore, and havent for years, except The Walking Dead, but if they screwed around with my favorite heroes, I sure as hell wouldnt buy them. When they made spider man go crazy, ripped the adamantium out of wolverine, broke Batmans back, and killed Superman in the 90s...thats when I stopped collecting. If they are doing an alternate print, thats not the main contiunity, then maybe, but the actual one? Nah... Marvel is also doing some pretty crappy stuff regarding canceling books because they dont own the movie rights to them, which is super shady as well. Its a business I guess, but still. I dont think rampant greed is an excuse to be a shady company and be a jerk to your fans. Kinda sucks but whatever. :facepalm

Do Diamond's numbers account for digital sales? Because Comixology and other digital comic formats have started taking a not-insignificant chunk of sales away from hard copy sales.

Wasn't Jared Leto's portrayal of the Joker one of the film's biggest criticisms?

I wasn't a fan of it. If we twist it that it was really Jason Todd after being tortured and driven insane by the real Joker and he now believes he is the Joker? I can work with it. But going by what we got, he was a thug in clown make-up, nothing more. Ayers is the one that tweeted he would have focused the the plot on Joker.

The part that gives me hope for better films is that instead of throwing a fit and blaming the fans or paid Marvel fan boys for bad reviews, the director is recognizing that the film needed improvement or possibly a whole re-write.

Edit for posts I didn't see:

Building on firesprite's note of digital comics sales, I have recently switched to buying digital rather than print. My local shop closed for good and I decided I really don't need boxes of comics taking up space. I don't think those sales are accounted for by Diamond since I buy from the Marvel site, which I think passes through Comixology and doesn't touch Diamond.

Last edited:
Do Diamond's numbers account for digital sales? Because Comixology and other digital comic formats have started taking a not-insignificant chunk of sales away from hard copy sales.
Thats a damn good question, I dont know honestly. Im pretty sure its just physical comic books that get printed. They are the only ones that actually send physical books. If you own a comic shop, thats the only way to get stuff directly from the publishers. Good point regarding digital copies, I didnt think of that. I guess Im getting old. :lol

Thats a damn good question, I dont know honestly. Im pretty sure its just physical comic books that get printed. They are the only ones that actually send physical books. If you own a comic shop, thats the only way to get stuff directly from the publishers. Good point regarding digital copies, I didnt think of that. I guess Im getting old. :lol

That's okay, buddy. It happens to all of us eventually. :)

Jared Leto could have killed that portrayal of the Joker, but it was just written so poorly. I have less doubt in his acting, and more doubts in the writing.

I don't agree with that statement. We don't know that it was executed horribly because of the amount of footage shot. Until it's all seen, which is unlikely, we could just as easily blame, editing,writing, studio, etc. Its also ridiculous to think that they said, hey Jared, should he have tattoos, hey Jared, should he wear this? He's an actor, not a costume designer, script writer, etc.

We can only judge Leto from what was seen ofc. he din't look like the joker but i could get past that just for the fact that its a different version so why not be open to it. However when i watched him portraye it even for a small amount of time that he had on screen, i was dissapointed. that was by no means the joker that i wanted in this universe. Probably because i was hoping for something more along the lines of the classical joker when it comes to performance. Unfortenatly i had only 1 moment where i briefly saw him be ok as the joker (helicopter scene) other then that i wasnt a fan of him.

Leto, had a bigger part in the joker's design beyond just reading the script. A Poorly written script with a hard product to sell looking like that. Someone should have punched him when he came up with that laugh. There is plenty of blame to go around on why the movie truly failed beyond it made money. Everything just about makes money these days. The end result was a flaming bag of doggie poop on the fans doorstep. They need to take their lumps and do some damage control by making better movies & stories from this point forward. Even if it means rewriting or changing character story lines. Make this joker Jason Todd and spin it. Find a new better joker, you don't even need a big name actor to pull it off. Just write a good script and get a dude who looks n can act to part. Take will smith and have him get killed in prison for not handing over his B&G or tater tots to a dude. Bye willly.. knock the Harley movie out of the park with a good Ivy and batgirl.

Okay, resurrecting this thread because I was "watching" it while getting ready for bed and something I never noticed caught my eye. A quick google search shows I wasn't alone, but I haven't found any explanation for it:

ssbabyclothes-1-1024x512.jpg

Note the onesies in the upper-right corner. WTF?! Why does the Joker have baby clothes among this arsenal?!

At first I thought it might be a reference to those weird killer dolls he had in The Dark Knight Returns comic, but they didn't wear onesies.

I finally saw it a few days ago on TV - didn't think it was as bad as I've heard. Except for the Joker ,who was a rather pointless exercise in an actor indulging himself in being "edgy" in the hopes of catching the lightning in the bottle that Ledger caught. I'll be the first to admit that I am not a huge comics fan and hold no dogma about what the Joker "should be" versus "shouldn't be' - but Leto seemed to miss the boat entirely on the character. He played him as just a sadist - which is certainly part of the Joker's persona - but without any of the scary mirth or even the, you know, jokes that give him his name (which form an equally-important part of the "scary' nature of the Joker's persona.) The most I recall us getting were "ha ha ha" written on various surfaces and that pained, creaky old man's laugh he sometimes let out. In other words, he played the Joker as a generic "bad dude" who just happened to have green hair.

M

Okay, resurrecting this thread because I was "watching" it while getting ready for bed and something I never noticed caught my eye. A quick google search shows I wasn't alone, but I haven't found any explanation for it:

View attachment 722840

Note the onesies in the upper-right corner. WTF?! Why does the Joker have baby clothes among this arsenal?!

Clearly, you have never cared for, or have managed to repress your memories of, a screaming newborn. ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back