Stargate Anubis & Ra

If the internals of the prints are hollow you may want to extend the pin all the way through over into the third piece and then make the pin placement in a zig-zag pattern throughout the whole piece, so you add dispersed strength, if that makes sense.

If the internals of the prints are hollow you may want to extend the pin all the way through over into the third piece and then make the pin placement in a zig-zag pattern throughout the whole piece, so you add dispersed strength, if that makes sense.
Unfortunately all the parts are solid and overall it will weigh a ton. I plan on molding the finished pieces and cast to make it lighter. So I will only need the glued pieces to hold up through the molding process.

Oh... if you only need it to hold together for molding then even pinning it might be too excessive. I would assume gluing them and filling seams would work splendidly for that.

Oh... if you only need it to hold together for molding then even pinning it might be too excessive. I would assume gluing them and filling seams would work splendidly for that.
I hoped it works. Here are some more parts coming off the printer. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• 03B9F775-A030-4B79-A8A6-58209BF04B27.jpeg
    03B9F775-A030-4B79-A8A6-58209BF04B27.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 76
Good luck. A trick for the future is definitely to print them hollow with wireframe or support inside. You'll save on printing material and make the parts lighter and easier to handle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back