Step 27: Clear Coat and Necklace

I sprayed a clear coat of gloss enamel on the headpiece and then finished the work on the necklace ready to attach the prop.

IMG_7113_edited.JPG
IMG_7119_edited.JPG
IMG_7129_edited.JPG

Step 28: Setting the Gem and attaching the Necklace

Final steps! I am really pleased with how the gem and bezel came together! Finished it off with attaching the chain that can easily be removed.

IMG_7130_edited.JPG
IMG_7131_edited.JPG
IMG_7134_edited.JPG

FINISHED

Wow - what an amazing journey this has been! I am so pleased I was able to complete it all before I start back on client projects tomorrow - such a blessing!

I am super happy with how the prop turned out and had a bunch of fun putting together a silly little version of the Raven Saloon scene for glamour shots.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the build - thanks for the support along the way!

Cheers!
/sean

IMG_7164_edited.JPG
IMG_7173_edited.JPG
IMG_7196_edited.JPG

Quick, 4 minute, build video on YouTube:

This came out really well! A beautiful replica. I'm such a fan of hands-on, good ol' fashioned sculpture. I never would have the courage. Thanks for sharing!

This came out really well! A beautiful replica. I'm such a fan of hands-on, good ol' fashioned sculpture. I never would have the courage. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the super kind words! I love building from scratch - the challenge is awesome. It has only been in the last year though that I have ventured into the more "sculpture" types of projects. Don't sell yourself short - give it a try!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back