Jurassic World

If it is a pitch trailer, and we are seeing free dinosaurs in our world, then the last rumours about a new but functional park wouldn't be true, I guess :( And I fear it will be so... (Jurassic World)
Maybe there is a new park, but these pterosaurs escape and fly to a populated beach, prompting the new park owners to up their security measures.

:wacko Oh'Really???

Yes really. The Lost World was preachy and our heroes so stupid that it felt like a poorly written, self-indulging protest film made by PETA. Malcolm and his gang literally caused the deaths of almost everyone on the Ingen expedition and they're totally unfazed by it. And what horrendous crime is this expedition is guilty of? Attempting to capture dinosaurs to put in a zoo, because nobody does that in the real world with really big animals that could also kill us. It's just, no.

JP III may not have the sense of aww or the interesting story as the first film had, but I give it credit for just wanting to be a fun little adventure that showed us dinosaurs that we didn't see in the last movies. Plus the casting was better, the preachiness was toned down significantly, the kid wasn't an overly annoying brat and seeing Sam Neil as Grant always puts a smile to my face more than seeing Jeff Goldblum as.... well, Jeff Goldblum.

The first thing that pops into my head when I hear "Jurassic World" is a movie set in a world where some kind of major disaster has happened, and the world is basically one big apocalyptic nightmare filled with dinosaurs. Kind of like a zombie apocalypse movie, but with dinosaurs instead of zombies, and maybe taking place AFTER it all happened, like Zombieland did. Now that, I'd pay good money to see.

TLW book was infinitely better than the lousy excuse for a movie was.

III>II

That's not really saying much since I thought that the book was horrible the first time I read it, to me it felt like it was written specifically to capitalize on the success of Jurassic and was written with the idea of it being adapted into a movie firmly in mind; in other words, it didn't feel like it was a sequel written as a natural continuation of JP but as a means to get a fat paycheck for the movie rights.

The first thing that pops into my head when I hear "Jurassic World" is a movie set in a world where some kind of major disaster has happened, and the world is basically one big apocalyptic nightmare filled with dinosaurs. Kind of like a zombie apocalypse movie, but with dinosaurs instead of zombies, and maybe taking place AFTER it all happened, like Zombieland did. Now that, I'd pay good money to see.

World War D :lol

my god, yes, i'd love to see a world where humans have to struggle for survival after dinosaurs knock them off the top of the food chain. makes me kinda sad that's not what the movie's gonna be about, actually. a guy can dream, though.
(also, this is my first post on RPF, hello everyone)

The ONLY redeeming factor TLW could have had would have been the Goldbloom character and his rotten acting kid eaten by a T-Rex. III was fun, love Sam Neil!

In all seriousness though, I LOVE the Jurassic Park series, good or bad, I cant completely hate them. The first one obviously being the best IMO, it's a classic, it had it all. Lost World is a big guilty pleasure for me, as much as I want to hate it, I cant, 3 I'm not a big fan of but it did have it's entertaining parts.

I think the only way a forth should be done is if 1) You get as much of the original cast as possible, and 2) You find a plausible story for how everything happens, like if the dinosaurs are now off the island, you need a believable reason for how they got there, obviously a T-Rex didn't swim lol And you need a plausible reason for why the main characters would be involved again, not just throw them all together just cause you can.

In all seriousness though, I LOVE the Jurassic Park series, good or bad, I cant completely hate them. The first one obviously being the best IMO, it's a classic, it had it all. Lost World is a big guilty pleasure for me, as much as I want to hate it, I cant, 3 I'm not a big fan of but it did have it's entertaining parts.

I think the only way a forth should be done is if 1) You get as much of the original cast as possible, and 2) You find a plausible story for how everything happens, like if the dinosaurs are now off the island, you need a believable reason for how they got there, obviously a T-Rex didn't swim lol And you need a plausible reason for why the main characters would be involved again, not just throw them all together just cause you can.

agreed about not being able to hate any of the JP movies. as stupid as TLW and III were, they're just, i dunno, a lot of fun. it's cloned dinosaurs running around eating people done with great visual effects, i can't possibly hate that, yknow? i love TLW, i don't even care;the t-rex rampaging around the city is so ridiculous it's brilliant. haha. and seeing that dumb little rich girl attacked by the compsognathus. ah. so satisfying.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back