South Park: Joining The Panderverse

Turns out that stuffing your fingers in your ears and shouting "MAHDEEK" at your customers isn't the best way to keep those customers interested in paying your salary.

Who could have foreseen such a surprising turn of events? Surely Hollywood cannot be responsible for their own faults?

Well, well, well...

One of them finally admits it. With Hollywood in turmoil because of the strikes and dropping stock prices I wouldn't be shocked at all to see more stories like this coming to light. Maybe fans calling this out years ago wasn't a "conspiracy" after all.

Gina Corrano has made a post about it. It’s not just HBO.

Geeks and Gamers covered the post she made here:

At the very least, Southpark making this episode proves that the pandering Hollywood has engaged in the past decade isn't just some conspiracy pedaled by click-baiting youtubers that can easily be dismissed as a fringe thing.

Exactly! I also think that Drinker's assessment is pretty balanced too, noting how there are fans who go too far in blaming Kennedy, and as much as we dislike her choices, she's a person like the rest of us, no better or worse. I think that's what I liked about his video in that it felt optimistic about the future. Hopefully going forward we kind find a middle ground where the studios recognize they need to do better in the writing department, and that fans need to be willing to give them a chance as long as the studios are making the effort. Ideally these things should be a win- win scenario and as much as I dislike the direction things have taken, I would much rather things move forward amicably so that we can lose this polarization. It's long overdue and my hope is that things will get better.

I know this is resurrecting the post, but apparently, you can’t find the viewership numbers for the special. WDW Pro talks about it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back