Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary

JediMichael

Master Member
So June 11th is the 30th Anniversary, at least in America.
I thought I would set my big screen up and show it for anyone that wants to watch it in the front yard.
I decided in June 10th, as thats a Saturday and better to show a movie that night, as it doesn't get dark til after 9:30 in the summer.
Been checking the weather, and thats my biggest concern. Everyday its been changing from 10% rain, to now 20%.
Wind from 5 to 10 mph, and one day showed up to 15 mph.
Really wanting to do this on the 10th...so we'll see.
Heres a sign I made and will proably put it in the yard by tomorrow. Then I'll print some signs and out them on a few stop signs around the neighborhood, as well as a Facebook post.
Who knows how this will go. Might be me and roommates just watching it, or 300+ people trying to fit in the front yard.
I have two more blank signs, so if I do have to update because of the weather, I can do it if need be.
20230529_165836.jpg

The screen, as I was reworking it from last year and also have big speakers with 15 inch subwoofers that I would love to blast, but don't want to bug neighbors that don't plan to watch it.
20220610_205003.jpg

Percentage of rain went up again. Might just have to try for the next Saturday. I'll still wait til tomorrow and see.
Rain seems to love to ruin my events.

Rains down to 16% and saying only should be clouds here and there. Wind is at 10 to 15 mph, but right now its 10 to 20 mph and really not too bad. More just annoying, but should be ok.
The screen itself can withstand wind, and with sandbags on the legs and up close to the house, should be fine.
So got the signs put up and ready for launch.
20230531_130251.jpg

Lasr year for the 4th of July, had this screen up for the fireworks show. Here we were testing it on the 3rd. Before we had the sandbags on the legs, a gust of wind started dragging it down the street like a sail boat, but it didn't fall over.
20220703_215820.jpg

Rain shot up to 40% for June 10th at night. Might have to postpone afterall....ughhh.
Wheres our Back to Future 2 on the money weather at???

And the rain went down to 11%. I'll take it....and please stay down or even less.
So broke out the project to test it out.
I made up a focus video, so I burning that and the movie to a bluray right now so I won't have to be switching disc in front of everyone.
It had to get pretty dark to really see well enough, so by then, everyone planning to watch should be there in the yard.
Its easiest to use the PS3. With a 50 ft HDMI cable, it can actually still be inside and just use the controller, all charged up and ready.
Since the kitchen is being redone and cabinets are all down, good space for the test.
20230602_225708.jpg

20230602_225717.jpg

By the way, has anyone ever tried to cool with the stove nearly in the middle of the kitchen with NO countertop space?
Its not easy.
Of the 4 burners, I had ONE (turned off) as my countertop.
But, I still accidentally set this down wrong and melted it.
Oops....
Can't wait to get this kitchen finished.
20230602_181104.jpg

None of the Playstations liked the disc I burnt....figures. Trying anothe way.
At the least, I can run the cable from my computer to outside, but will have to be inside to start it..we'll see.
For now, playing some Sonic 2 on the ceiling.
20230602_233454.jpg

Attachments

• 20230602_233059.jpg
    20230602_233059.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
All good and now working.
I plan to run a AUX cable from the projector, to a sound board, then to the speakers.
Won't be like 7.1 or anything, but with the big speakers and two 15" subs, it will sound good.
Now to wait a whole week.
20230603_000511.jpg

Weather has been all over the place for next Sat night, but still saying only partly cloudy for now....sure hope so. Getting a good amount of people asking about the event.
Just found this shirt on Amazon to wear that night.
Exciting......its like waiting for Christmas. I so get over excited for things.
JP30th.jpg

Audio test.
20230605_194654.jpg

had a feeling I needed to test everything out, as with this equipment, I haven't gone from a PS3 to projector, then to a soundboard then to speakers.
First I tried just the AUX cable to the new MP3 player I got, but it sounded pretty weak and turned up had a bit of a feedback buzz.
Going though the projector, it was booming, and that was with only one speaker hooked up....and I didn't warn my roommates I was doing the test....lol.

Rain down to 10% with only a few clouds.
Looks like we'll be at full launch.

Also printed 4 signs to hang around the neighborhood....and then ran out of ink.
So now I just need to hope Universal doesn't come and sue me....are they as bad as Disney?

Saying some rain early morning on Saturday and by evening, down to 6% chance of rain. Good, that sound great actually.

Orlando's Universal Islands of Adventure, back in 2007 here with my Mom.....I think the T-rex ate my hair, because its mostly gone now.
37.jpg

2009 visit my parents, girlfriend and her son back then and myself.
In the 2007 visit, I got my Dad on the Popeye river ride. Told him you MIGHT get wet.....and he totally got soaked. He pretty much always is dressed up.
So here, it took a bit of convincing that you don't get too wet, not like the Popeye ride. Thankfully I was right....he was going to kill me if he got soaked again...lol.
55.jpg

Around 2006, maybe 07, when the franchise was pretty dead before the World movies came out, this was my made up version for a part 4.
JP4.gif

And the shirt came in....well, at least the sides of my head still have lots of hair, but then it grows out and then I feel like those clowns that have long hair on the sides and bald on top. Not totally bald yet, but thinning pretty fast.
Going to look as smooth as the death star next to me soon.....
20230606_181114.jpg

So I'm getting all this Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary ads and stuff now.
I see this one. And using the typical photoshopped covered....ok....and then I notice.....

Screenshot_20230608_123635_Facebook.jpg

What did they do to poor John Hammond?
Sure, he had some grays in the beard, but was mostly white.....just everything about this picture is so bad.
Screenshot_20230608_123645_Facebook.jpg

Looking at it on the smaller phone screen looks really bad, on the computer monitor, not quite as bad, but still not good.
I see it was probably painted in a program, or filters used, or something.

Just went outside for a min and a car drives by full of people. A lady said they were just seeing where the house was at and they'll be back. yay.
Just to even get 20 people will be good....but who knows how many to really expect.

Reminds me of the drive in movies when I was a kid. Speaker hanging off the car window. Sometimes it rained. Dad smoked his pipe in the summer to keep the mosquitoes away. Hope you have good attendance.

Well, there were only 9 of us. But, us 9 enjoyed it, and of course, maybe some watched from their window of driveway and I just didn't see them. It was booming pretty good.
Mostly, this movie still totally holds up. You can really see the love that totally went into it.
Sad how so many movies today are practically made on an assembly line.
20230610_220411.jpg

And of course the classic T-rex breakout.
20230610_230636.jpg

So the 3 people on sitting on the lawn, just to the right of the tree in the first pic.
They were so thankful I was showing this and really loved it.
When we were just about to start, I told them that as it ends, we'll be just about hitting midnight, which puts us on the 11th, official 30th anniversary.
Credits started rolling right 12:02am.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the drive in movies when I was a kid. Speaker hanging off the car window. Sometimes it rained. Dad smoked his pipe in the summer to keep the mosquitoes away. Hope you have good attendance.
The guy that standing in the first pic was telling me when he first saw this movie, it was at a drive in theater, and as the T-rex it breaking out in the storm, as storm was hitting them while watching and made the whole scene even more intense. Kinda cool.

Which also reminds me that, Joseph Mazzello, who plays Tim in the movie was also in The River Wild a year later. Can't I remember a whole lot about that movie, expect that my family saw it while on a plane. So when their on the raft with all the crazy white water scenes, our plane was hitting some heavy turbulences. It was about like being in one of those motion simulator rides.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back