Fine Molds Millennium Falcon 1/72 - Let the Adventure Begin!

I honestly don't know the differences between them! I'm using a lot of photos as reference, but I couldn't tell you which photos represent which versions.

Just a thought...

For your end result, its all about what you like and want, so 32", five-footer, or a hybrid doesn't matter one bit as long as you are happy with your bird.

But...

I'd just humbly suggest spending a bit of time familiarizing yourself with the main differences if only to keep yourself from going crazy! In other words, if you're working one section, following some ref pics, and do such-and-such to the model, THEN go and look at ref pics of the other version of the original, then you may see subtle differences that could leave you scratching your head.

Makes sense, sort of...?

Finished the cockpit last night:

Cockpit.jpg

The more I've been looking around the RPF's previous Falcon threads, the more I'm wanting to put in the engine grills and fans! It just looks so much cooler and gives it more depth. I'm contemplating buying the ones from Shapeways, but I really don't want to spend money if I don't have to:

New%20Picture.png

Not that it's expensive, but I know that my wife spent $400 when she bought it! Then I ran across this photo on Google images that looks pretty darn good:

20151204_230858.jpg

Any ideas where would I find a fine mesh like that?

Hi PredatrHuntr,

Love your "dremel skills" for the battle damage.

I've got that mesh of a frying Cover:
20160202_232652_resize.jpg

Google link: https://www.google.ie/search?q=fryi...EwjtxJS3n9rKAhUHcBoKHdlYAfgQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1.25
I think you can get it from any Dollar Store alike.

You can find that photo you found on google Images, BTW thanks for the "looks pretty darn good" in Hasbro BMF Customization thread here. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251528
Fell free to ask, I will be more than happy to help.

Like you, I did not go on fancy 3D printed parts, They are great but I've used only household and scraps from my stash.

Hope this helps.

MB.

The more I've been looking around the RPF's previous Falcon threads, the more I'm wanting to put in the engine grills and fans! It just looks so much cooler and gives it more depth. I'm contemplating buying the ones from Shapeways, but I really don't want to spend money if I don't have to:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/SwatZeR/Millenium Falcon/New Picture.png

Not that it's expensive, but I know that my wife spent $400 when she bought it! Then I ran across this photo on Google images that looks pretty darn good:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/SwatZeR/Millenium Falcon/20151204_230858.jpg

Any ideas where would I find a fine mesh like that?

Last edited:
If you do use that mesh, I would at least consider adding the vertical dividers to it (about 6 across). You can do so cheaply with some really thin rods or even some thin strips. It will look much closer to the actual grills than the mesh by itself

This isn;t my picture, but it demonstrates the vertical support strips
P1070689_20150326_205635.jpg

Master Blaster - holy cow those micro fans are wicked!!! I had no idea they made them that small!

blakeh1 - I really can't find a mesh type material that I'm happy with....in fact the more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to splurge and buy the ones from Shapeways!

This is by far the most tedious kit I've ever worked on...but I love every single minute of it! I can't get over how small some of these parts are...good thing I have tweezers and a sharp X-Acto knife ;)

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

This is by far the most tedious kit I've ever worked on...but I love every single minute of it! I can't get over how small some of these parts are...good thing I have tweezers and a sharp X-Acto knife ;)

I lost a few in the carpet that took me hours to find.

Another thing that threw me for a loop was when I had a bunch of left over greeblies at the end.

I spent a long time going through every page looking at every piece number to make sure it was on the model in all the places they were supposed to be.

I found a few I had missed on the first pass of building, but others I just couldn't find.

Then I noticed a little part in the instructions that lists pieces that will be left over/unused. Some of them are actually quite useful greeblies to have extras of

I've already come across a few "extras" that I made triple sure that I didn't need! The LAST thing I want is to be missing something, but I'm so anal about this build that I'm going slowly so that I don't have to worry about missing anything ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back