Researching the Millennium Falcon hold sets

3Dsf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi, folks! So I've done a bunch of research into the original 1976 and 1979 Millennium Falcon hold sets. As usual my writeup includes a lot of historical material about how the sets were built. I've got a good image of the side of the nav console, showing the triangular wedge between it and the wall that's rarely modelled. I've also included details on the layouts of the sets, and on the crates and barrels.

In case it's of interest to anyone.

1706060013852.png

Hi, folks! So I've done a bunch of research into the original 1976 and 1979 Millennium Falcon hold sets. As usual my writeup includes a lot of historical material about how the sets were built. I've got a good image of the side of the nav console, showing the triangular wedge between it and the wall that's rarely modelled. I've also included details on the layouts of the sets, and on the crates and barrels.

In case it's of interest to anyone.

View attachment 1781649
Great research once again Neil:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: I don't know how you do it! Loved the "Smooch Booth" area on the diagram :love:

My plan for making an interior part for PG Falcon is well, on hold ;-) Would like to go back to it eventually and you may end up inspiring me to do so, as always.

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
My plan for making an interior part for PG Falcon is well, on hold ;-) Would like to go back to it eventually and you may end up inspiring me to do so, as always.

I looked into that, and the Doublefire parts are excellent and really well done. But they’d require some work to be printable scaled down in size to fit the PG kit. It’s a fun idea for sure!

At one point I was toying with the idea of a 1:72 diorama of Echo Base, with the Falcon and various ships and tons of details. An open section revealing a hold would be cool.

I’ve made most of the Echo Base hangar crates to 1:43, so those could be starting points. The main thing, aside from space, time, and money, is that Bandai never did a snowspeeder in 1:72, so that would need to be sorted.

I looked into that, and the Doublefire parts are excellent and really well done. But they’d require some work to be printable scaled down in size to fit the PG kit. It’s a fun idea for sure!

At one point I was toying with the idea of a 1:72 diorama of Echo Base, with the Falcon and various ships and tons of details. An open section revealing a hold would be cool.

I’ve made most of the Echo Base hangar crates to 1:43, so those could be starting points. The main thing, aside from space, time, and money, is that Bandai never did a snowspeeder in 1:72, so that would need to be sorted.

I know Doublefire parts are excellent but does he sell STL files? Anyway PG Falcon is tough to fit an interior hold, so I'm thinking more of MPC Round2 Falcon which I plan to make some upgrade parts for. Anyhow 1/72 Echo base sounds too awesome to pass so please don't give up :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back