Fine Molds 1:144 Millennium Falcon (32" Paintjob)

JV1138

I think I'll decide to make a little appreciation thread for my old Fine Molds 1:144 Falcon. I made this circa 2012 or so, and it's been through a lot of revisions and repainting. I might need some advice on what the exact colors are on the original model, and whether or not my model captures the original colors accurately. I only took a few photos, only because the model only looks good under certain lighting.

20230305_112304.jpg

20230305_112315.jpg

20230305_112325.jpg

20230305_112343.jpg

20230305_131629.jpg

Let me know what you think, and whether or not it's accurate to the original 32" studio model.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see some pictures under really bright or white light. My first impression is that it looks really great, but maybe a little too dirty (like 10% too dirty), but I'm thinking that's just the lighting.

I'd be interested to see some pictures under really bright or white light. My first impression is that it looks really great, but maybe a little too dirty (like 10% too dirty), but I'm thinking that's just the lighting.
Here's what it looks like under a bright white light. I just shone a white LED lamp over the model. What do you think?

20230305_143210.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man. But I might need a second opinion on those blue-gray panels though. Think you might know the exact color of those panels?
Light gray with no blue tint. It's not a big deal, unless it is to you!
This is my 1/144 for reference, FWIW. Smaller, so not as dirty....

20230305_190226.jpg

Light gray with no blue tint. It's not a big deal, unless it is to you!
This is my 1/144 for reference, FWIW. Smaller, so not as dirty....

View attachment 1676489
I suspected a light gray color. Do you happen to have any reference on that exact color or like a color match of it, perhaps? I'm aiming to recreate that exact color on my model.

Here's a photo showing the gray color of the panels. The color appeared more bluish because of the cloudy sunlight, I think.
20230305_165537.jpg

Last edited:
I suspected a light gray color. Do you happen to have any reference on that exact color or like a color match of it, perhaps? I'm aiming to recreate that exact color on my model.
Sorry, I just google the studio Falcon & study pictures. Basically, I eyeball it.

Here's a photo showing the gray color of the panels. The color appeared more bluish because of the cloudy sunlight, I think.
View attachment 1676508
Again, I see nothing that needs fixing! It's just awesome.

Not that it needed it, but it is definitely an improvement

the decal colors are a bit saturated vs a more toned down look

I went with a darker and lighter grey on mine using P3 paints (I think it was straight Trollblood Highlight for the lighter grey at the bottom and then mixed in a little black for the darker grey ones on the sides and at the top)

1678247453057.png

I went with a darker and lighter grey on mine using P3 paints (I think it was straight Trollblood Highlight for the lighter grey at the bottom and then mixed in a little black for the darker grey ones on the sides and at the top)

View attachment 1677302
Is your Trollblood mix comparable to my French Gray with white mix for the darker gray panels?

Can anyone tell me if this is a color match for those gray panels on the 32" model? This is the color I used on my model (French Gray), and I'm wondering if it's a match, or if there's a better color that can be recommended.

20230308_183222.jpg

Here's a flash photo, showing the gray panels. I'm just wondering if I got the color right or if it needs to be warmer or cooler.

20230308_212455.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1677302
Maybe take a flash photo of your model so I can analyze the colors of the panels?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back