Halo feature film

Article is wrong on a few things. There's way more than 3 novels.

And there is something that doesn't match up. They say they are going to base it on the novels to avoid previous entanglements when the first script was based on the first novel.

All the props made by WETA were pretty much H3 vintage though. That seems a much different timeline than the original script. It might be what they were referring to. Those article writers really need to articulate their facts better. It's like me saying "Jango Fett is based on Boba Fett, a popular Star Wars EU character." While those are facts, they are misleading in the way they are put together. It implies Boba is only an EU character, and fails to imply the more direct family connection between Jango and Boba.

You know what else is going to hang up development? They're going to make a game for the release, Halo:the Movie: the Game. It will be the first Halo shooter not made by Bungie.

Although WETA made halo props I don't think they were necessarily building them in anticiplation for an actual movie. They used most of those props for the Lamdfall short to promote halo 3, so it would only be natural.

As for the film, I'd rather them take one of the novel's stories as a starting point (preferably contact:harvest) but if they at least start with the explanation of the spartan 2 project and continue with the fall of reach, I think that will be a great segway into going into the battle for earth and the halo event.

I'm actually quite relieved that Microsoft dosnt want to F it up!

The Landfall short and the Believe shorts were made with props from the preproduction of the Halo movie (sans the diorama and studio scale models). It was an excuse to keep these cool props from going to waste. At that point in time, Peter Jackson and Big Neil had pretty much washed their hands of the whole business. It was so popular that later shorts (ODST and Reach), had props made specifically for the ad campaign/promotional purposes but not by WETA.

I would point you to the threads on the 405th that discussed it before H3 came out but since the board conversion that stuff has been wiped out.

Might be on the Bnet...hell if I know.

I was going to say there are a good number of books. I have a bad feeling unless Bungie and microsoft keep tight controll this is gonna suck.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back