Hey Everyone!
I joined this forum after I heard about it from a friend who said I might find it interesting and the people here might find my work interesting as well. I'm a 3D Modeler that does all sorts of stuff for 3D Printing including miniatures, figurines, props, cosplay items, etc. I'm more than happy to talk to anyone with the same interests and build relationships. Below is a link to my FB page where I post some of the recent models I've completed.

https://www.facebook.com/thehatchery3D/

Hey all,

Im Weaver from California. I am new to costume building and have never worked with foam before. I am currently beginning my first project which is a Darth Vader armor build and if it goes well then i will move on to building the whole suit. I am involved in a lot of nerdiness though. Myself and my friend do a podcast called Nerdlegendspodcast which can be found on google play music, podomatic, itunes etc. We also have a youtube channel ran by our studio GingerGeekStudios. We have a 10min movie we made called Nerd Wars on there thats horrible but was a blast to make. Hoping to meet like minded people and learn alot about building here at the RPF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Found the site whilst trying to research a super troopers outfit. Some of the things you guys have put together are pretty amazing.
Keep up the great work.

Hey everyone!

My name's Vector, i'm from the US. The main reason why I made this account was because I wanted to learn more about making things, really - and the things that people make here seem to be right up my alley.

Cheers ! ^^

Hi gang, new member here. Been lurking for awhile but finally decided to setup an account. Lots of talented builders on here I see. I'm a Big Star Wars nerd and have recently been bitten by the Bandai 144 scale bug.

Glad to be here. I cosplay as Han Solo Episode 7. I’ve built several DL-44 blasters and will build several more. Looking forward to meeting and learning from all of you.

Hey now!Tim from Chicago. Still relatively new to Movie/TV Prop collecting, but I stumbled across the forum and thought it looked like a great place to start.I have a collection of game used sports memorabilia, but would like to expand that into some more into production used props/costumes from some of my favorite Movie/TV Shows (Mostly Sci-Fi). I do have a few props and costumes I was able to acquire from the X-Files, looking to add more!Thanks for allowing me to bore you! :)

Hello from Brazil! I'm Lucas, an Electronics Technician, and I heard about this forum from Adam Savage's TESTED Videos. I got curious and decided to join. I don't know if I'll ever make any replicas or props myself, but I'd like to tell you all that I admire the work people put into them.
Hopefully I can be of help around here! Specially if you need help making something using Vacuum Tubes. I love those!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hey everyone! I am 14 and am a very BIG Star Wars fan. I have just recently finished building my first lightsaber and will probably have a costume following soon.

Last edited:
Hey there! :D

My Name is Santi, I am from germany and I love making costumes to wear on conventions, and especially have crazy fun with friends there.
But the part of planning and making is one of the best parts too! Of course you all know it´s crazy tough to always step into new fields where you have zero knowledge but a lot to learn.
So I am happy to have found this community! Next plan: Cable(Deadpool2) Genderbent <3
The first Cable try was before the new movie design has been out, so that´s the funny comic version xD
santichan.jpg

The costume I am most proud of yet (made it serveral times, because never satisfed about the result):
Juri Han!(ssf4)
santichan2.jpg
Find some of my stuff here:
https://www.instagram.com/_santichan_/

Hi everyone,

After years of hearing about the RPF and years of building personal projects, I have decided to join the community to share and learn.

I am primarily a Blade Runner freak, with Star Wars, 2001, Space 1999, Blakes 7 all fighting close behind.. A big collector of all things vintage toy and sci-fi film related and increasingly finding that building replica props and other projects holds more fun and a challenge to just collecting... (In fact I shall sell off my 30 year collection over the coming years to focus on and fund more builds)

Projects to date have included a couple of E-11 Blaster builds, at least 4 Blade Runner blaster builds (I have at last count 12 of the various versions out there...and rising) and currently building ANH, GK, ESB and ROTJ metal versions of the DL-44...concurrently! Next on the cards will be Luke's Macro-binoculars for which I have many parts, but plenty still needed..

Probably my longest project has been a fully working diorama of the Blade Runner rooftop scene, which has a Spinner that light up with over 80 LEDs and 'takes off' on hydraulics, the building has lighting, moving fans, smoke, rotating spotlights, Neon signs, plus music and film sounds...all happening at once if desired.... I keep improving and adding to it every now and then...

Shall start a small folder of images of this and other projects....

Great to be here! Martin

Hey everyone. Thanks for the membership. Have been into Star Wars since 1977. Now my kids are also into it. As a father,son project my son has purchased a Anovos production ANH Stormtrooper kit to work on together before he goes into the USAF. He has already purchased a Shepperton Studios E-11 blaster that we are modifying for a closer resemblance to the weapons used. Weathering,d-ring ect. All this for a membership to the 501st. Any pointers when we begin assembling this armor will be beneficial for us. Thanks!
For the helmet, if you're recreating the Hero version of the helmet, make sure to leave a 1 cm gap at most between the teeth and top/bottom plate. Do not paint the teeth in completely. This was due to production being rathered rushed during shooting. Some suits in the movie can be seen having a large mold imprint on the inner side of the left-hand side upper arm plate as well. Should be easy to replicate and find reference pics for. Depending on the movie as well, either use a green visor for the eyes for an ANH/ ESB style helmet, or bubble lenses for ROTJ.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
I'm Wendell and I'm new to this whole forum thing I got on here because I like building things and I guess I'm tired of not knowing what I'm doing. I've build a few models, a costume or two, heck even a blaster but very rarely did I know what I was doing so I thought being on the worlds best Replica and Prop forum might help.

20180427_210539.jpg IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0592.JPG

Hi, I'm Jeff, from New Jersey USA. I'm a life long Indiana Jones fan. My wife shops Lucasfilm items for me for every holiday.

I'm very interested in obtaining a replica headpiece, Raven Bar version. Also a Shankara stone.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all in the forums.

Hi. I'm Linda and the proud new owner of The Darkness Impala, a '67 Chevy Impala Supernatural replica. I am currently in the process of outfitting her weapons box with all the goodies from the show. I am going for as accurate as possible, including trying to buy used/vintage items. I have discovered some useful threads on this site for us Impala fanatics
and appreciate all the advice.​

33096399_10214196849129077_12543834240057344_n.jpg

33096399_10214196849129077_12543834240057344_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

I joined after recently (re)catching the cyberpunk bug, and now that I have access to a 3d printer can do much more about it! My current project is to get a set of grips for my Jericho like the ones Spike had in Cowboy Bebop. I have always had the utmost respect for the folks that did things the old fashioned way (before 3d print) and would like to get into a bit more carving and machining myself as well. Hopefully I'll have more projects and updates soon!

Hey everyone! I'm Michael, and I joined this site because I recently gained a large interest in movie props and would like to try my hand at replicating things from movies I'm interested in. I am yet to make anything of note but I'd like to change that. I hope that joining the RPF will help with that.

Hello all, not even cosplaying at the moment, but have previously. Ive done Starlord with a homemade mask and Superman and had a great time with both. I'll have to post pics. Quite proud of the Starlord since it was my first time attempting anything cosplay related. It's possible to post pics to an album in my profile here? Or would just posting a link to my google photos album be better and simpler? In any case, glad to be here.

Hi .
Im Dave .
New to the forum
Living in kent vut originally from cumbria . Currently trooping in a rwa stormtrooper kit ( a new hope )
Since american speed fest at brands hatch last weekend and this weekend at sci fi by the sea in kent im looking to go all bumblebee . Unsure if i can get this 501st or reel icons clearable but willing to give it ago
I did do a master chief mk iv armor some years ago using pep files and one using foam

Is there any decent kits out there for bumblebee ?

Presuming to get the height is similar to the wampa and chewbacca in star wars

Any help would be gret. Below some pics of me and with bumblebee ( the spec id like to build )

Thanks in advance

Dave
26807e7b6fe5b1fbf68e159589ea421c.jpg
9a2bfeb908a8a7f2eccc6faf9b4bc0ce.jpg
46b3e4014dbb1e564d77f9915f23f63c.jpg
ed59366b202a92011a67d5b7cea8cc95.jpg
58730647cb51a30abacde7f8220cfdbe.jpg
ac39ea91c4a2ede84145cf64e80cca89.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey everybody!

Excited to join! I am a Nashville based cosplayer who loves The Flash. My current cosplay is a young Jay Garrick that I am also writing a comic book about. My next project is a completely original speedster that I am tentatively calling Neon Flash.
I'm up for any questions you may have and I am currently looking for an artist to bring the comic to life!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back