Hi! My friend told me about this site when he learned I was learning to make food props. I look forward to hanging out with you guys and honing my skills at making replica food!

Hey TheRPF!

My name is Jes and I'm a big fan of all things Marvel and Star Wars. I've been creating theatre props and origami models for as long as I could remember. I wanted to try out something new and to my great thrill I stumbled upon pepakura. Paper has always been the best medium for me to work in so I got really pumped and excited! After a few google searches and clicks here and there, I discovered TheRPF. I lurked around and saw that there are loads of people who like the same things as me and that's really cool.

I've always wanted to build an Iron Man suit for myself ever since the first movie came out and thanks to the people around here, that dream can become a reality for me.

I look forward to meeting and learning from the brilliant people here :D

Howdy friends!
My name is shane, but im known as Sparkydefay around the interwebs here. Ive been recently getting into costuming and prop building, and my friend showed me this site. Im making Fallout NCR Veteran Ranger Armor at the moment, and soon will be moving on to Iron Man MK6 suits for both me and my friend. Glad to meet you all, and i cant wait for what ill learn here!

Hey All.

Andy here from Nottingham, eventually want to make a Stormtrooper or a Biker Scout from ROTJ.
In the meantime Planning some Simple things first, completely new to this :)

Hi All,

Born in the 70's my first Stormtrooper armor was made of cardboard and tapes.
Having a hate/love relation with a Singer sewing machine, Mom at this time try to help build some as a Empire Stryke Back's Rebel Hoth Trench Trooper hat....not too bad when the only pictures aviable were thoses cuts from newspapers or tv programs.
Was many many many moons before Video recorder or computer....internet what?
:rolleyes
Now things seems easyer but at least only the imagination and skills remains the limit of crafters.
And i saw here amazings talents.
Congrats.
So i humbly request to stay to learn, watch and if my poor knowledge help as far as i can, offer some tips if not support.

Hi all

Love all things starwars member of the ukg and squad leader for the vectis remnant squad of the ukg down here on the sunny isle of wight. we have built a few large props here and thought it about time i get on here and use the wealth of advice that is here.

Hi there,

I have been lurking this site for quite some time

I never made a proper Replica from a prop but as child/teen I made me a TNG phaser type two from cardboard a duct-tape (not very acurate but it worked)

I couple of weeks ago I watched some Babylon 5 Episodes again and had the idea of making me a PPG. I started researching about them. I want to make me one out of Aluminium. I use that Project also in learning a CAD-package (its more fun learning with something you like). I started modeling a PPG in Fusion360 its still pretty rough but it improves with time.

Hi-ho!

I always liked movie props and memorabilia, since a kid. I loved that feeling of having something in my hands I had seen in a movie. Let's see if I can do something here.

Regards!

Hey guys! I'm Nate, and I'm way into Captain Jack Sparrow, Iron Man, Batman, deadpool, and stuff like that!
Working on a Jack Sparrow AWE build, anyone who knows anything please let me know!

Hi!
I am an artist in AZ. I have done some props for local Indy movies. I was a member of the RPF before but never posted anything. I will try to be more active this time. My son, AZspidey, was a member for many years. I have worked with him on some of his props requiring sewing that you may have seen posted here. I also used to help other costumers with their costume sewing needs.I am now working in paper mache' and mixed media. I have actually done this before, but just recently got back to do it almost full time.

Hi folks,

My name is Anna, and I live in the Tokyo area. I've used the RPF as a resource for years, but never joined until now.

My husband and I are both in the 501st; mostly he does props and I do costumes, but we help each other out on projects, too. We have a variety of obsessions, but we both began with Star Wars, so that's what dominates our home.

Anyway, thanks for all the amazing info everyone shares so freely here; it's always a huge help. I hope at some point I can also share some helpful tips and info as I go along.

Anna

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, My names Tricia, I am a member of the 501st, and was introduced to you buy a good friend, who said this is a place i should go , as i am really wanting to get my first set of armor, at the moment im just a little crazy jawa, But since i first saw Captain Phasma, i fell in love, and would love her to be my first armor, but as for building armor, i am not that talented, and need to out source some one who can make said armor for me. My friend Glen says some people have started making her, I have seen a few threads, and wow, the work some of you are doing is amazing. I only can hope to find a fabulous Captain Phasma as a have seen on the threads, obviously, she has to be perfect, as she needs to be 501st a provable.

Hey, Chase here. All of this is really new to me so thanks to the Veterans handling the n00bs. I know I appreciate all the advice I've already read and seen handed out. This is seems like an exceptionally talented group of awesome people excited about making fiction and fantasy reality. Excited to learn.

Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi guys, I am a fan of the site and wanted to make my first prop before registering. Thank you for such a wonderful forum.

Hello all,

Long time lurker of theRPF and finally decided to join. My dad, a life long scale model builder and model airplane buff, has started to rub off on me and the hobby has gotten its hooks in me. I figured I would join the best community on the net to learn different skills and techniques when it comes to modeling, especially Star Wars scale models. Looking forward to getting to know a few folks around here and seeing some of the incredible things you guys produce.

Hello,

I'm Aniki, from France , I always loved manual work, and comics, and marvel super heros :D
I made a pepakura Iron Man helmet a few years ago , it was very difficult to have a very good finish but I did it :D, it took me a very long time. I came back across this forum about 1 week ago and found out that the costumes and helmets could be made out of foam :eek: so I read a lot about the techniques and I gave it a go !
I hope I will be able to make some nice enough helmets so I can share some pictures with you guys ^^

Hi guys. I'm Allen from the Bay Area portion of California. I found out about this place looking for methods and ideas of making mask molds and other prop creation methods. I didn't get into prop making until last year when I first cosplayed as Tony from Hotline Miami and modified a manufactured mask.

I was already heavily into industrial art but didn't start messing with materials until prop making.

My next step in prop making is a Deadpool since I believe it has several components that will assist easing me in sewing and fabrication.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. My name is Dean and I live in Texas. I am new to cosplay and I am in the process of starting my first build. I am doing Captain America Bucky Rescue for myself and Agent Carter for the wife.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back