Hi there. I found RPF some while ago searching for inspiration. Haven't done very much yet aside from a (rather simple) lightsaber. I started building Darksides Iron Man MKVII suit some month ago for a beneficial Cosplay convent in my region and I hope to be able to contribute to the community.

Cheers

Hello, I'm Kvet from France

I'm an ex-costume designer and a current sort-of-cook.
I looove to learn watching step by steps.
Current projects are Eowyn Shieldmaiden outfit from LotR (in trouble finding the correct white fabric which would have paisleys and crinkles) and Elsa from Disney.
When those two will be over I'll probably do a fawn!Galadriel or a Princess Serenity.

Glad to be here ^^

Howya! I'm Brian from Ireland. Also, found RPF site last year while researching Dredd (2012) parts, props and general how-to stuff etc. New to all the cosplay scene but wouldn't mind delving in and see how the Dredd project goes. Hopefully, get to move onto something really more challenging like Star Wars (Imperial) while i figure the whole pepakura thing out. Anyways, on a learning curve but handy at art & design so want to see where this takes me.......
Cheers
B

Im Cody, and this is Hullco! Ever since I was young Ive always had a HUGE interest in concept art. Ive scrawled and sketched on hundreds of pages and have created too many concepts to keep track of! Ive always wanted to make the outfits into practical costumes for amateur films, and through that I found cosplay and the rpf! I would love to get feedback and share tips and techniques with others! Ill also be posting personal character concept/costume designs! You can follow me on facebook (hullco) and instagram (@bonuxexp) for quicker updates on work!

hello all! My name is Wfisk I am a filmmaker in Northern California! been meddling in foam builds for some props for my shoots but just got serious and really want to start cosplaying as a few characters I've been building. thanks so much guys!

Wfisk

Hello everyone,

My name is Scott, I'm a amateur builder but have mad tons of progress just seeing what you guys can do on here. I'm a illustrator specializing in just about everything and anything that can be done with using your hands. I originally wanted to get a job at ILM when I was a kid as a model builder (like most of the people on here I'm sure) but slowly moved into wanting to do Matte paintings as painting became my favorite thing to do so many years ago. By the time I was out of art school the computer took over and obviously eliminated any hope of doing hand painted Mattes.

Found this site a while ago and I'm slowly trying to polish up my prop making skills thanks to reading the advice on here.

Best,
Scott

'Ello everyone!!!

My name is Thomas of TCH Props. I'm a bit of a noob to the prop and costume world, but I've fallen in love with making my own Con gear. Currently, I'm working on a Kingdom Come/Infinite Crisis (game) inspired Green Lantern Knight costume. I've created a progress thread so that you can follow along with me as I make my way through it.

I've also previously made a New 52 inspired Deadshot costume and still have some work to do on it, it you'd like to check either of these out, there are a few pictures below, and I have more on my profile. I'm glad to be part of such a great and large community of people who share the same hobby as me and I look forward to working with all of you.

10.jpg11.jpg10917860_1565261137045739_4727640612626102261_n.jpg10988486_1565261183712401_7091034332149986520_n.jpg10991210_1565261257045727_3409996933312940588_n.jpg

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello, my name is Jamie, I am a newbie, looking forward to getting advice from everyone. I have a great respect for all the amazing and useful info that is provided through the site. I have a 22 year old son who who also finds it amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, my name is Jamie, I am a newbie, looking forward to getting advice from everyone. I have a great respect for all the amazing and useful info that is provided through the site. I have a 22 year old son who who also finds it amazing.

hi there my name is carlos i am from mexico and im just another guy triyng to make ends meet XD, i deeply enjoy creating cosplays, mostly heavyli armored ones such as arkham origins deathstroke and currently working on a red hood cosplay, i love vainilla ice cream and long walks on the beach :D but now seriously i hope to get advice and help from all of you in the fuure, apologies in adavance if anything that i said upseted or broke any rules and thanks :D

Hello RPF folks!

Whenever I'm trying to do net research for any sort of details on items I'm attempting to recreate, it seem that all paths lead here. So, why not join up and stop just lurking. I'm a long term Star Wars fan from age 4 when I saw Star Wars in the theatre. I still recall my mother reading the opening crawl of text to me, being frightened of Tusken Raiders wanting to join the Rebels to blow up Death Star(s). Now that I'm older and have a son of my own who I've exposed the SW universe to, it's rekindled my passion for building things from that universe.

Growing up I didn't have many SW pre-made toys, so I was forced to make my own, mostly with things I trash picked. Looking back now this may have fueled my creativity from the start, so I don't necessarily regret it. Recently I was cleaning up my workshop and found some steel scraps that had been sitting around and decided to make something out of them and came up with a thermal detonator:
15848069720_53e404ee7e_o.jpg

Though it's not a spot on "replica" it was a fun build made solely from scraps I'd had on hand (and one quick trip to Radio Shack, R.I.P.)
If interested, there's some photos of the building process Here

After building some Imperial Rank Badges, Code cylinders, a wonky ANH Luke saber and a few other projects, I attempted to make my own replica E-11 Blaster. I started with a decommissioned Sterling SMG which was a lot harder than I anticipated.
15416475634_481808ede6_o.jpg

16050541295_20759f8260_o.jpg

And after a ton of work, I ended with this:
16437108082_6c8e516a72_o.jpg

16412074406_dd726b2c76_o.jpg

15815530284_5434d7d9d8_o.jpg

The photo thread is here for the E-11

Currently I've been working on a ESB Boba Fett paint job on a helmet that will likely have to wait until spring time to finish due to a harsh winter. In the meanwhile, I've been plotting a build for both a Han Solo DL-44 ESB blaster and possibly a Merr-Sonn Power 5 blaster if I can come up with the pieces parts for both.

That's about all I got for now. I'm looking forward to a fun and educational experience here on the RPF. Cheers!

Hello. Just call me Elxiah. Usually into props and engineering, but I've decided to try my hand at some semi-ambitious cosplay for this year's Indiana Comic Con. Last time I went as a last second Miles Morales Spider-Man. This year I'm going to go as the original comics version of Virgil Hawkins aka Static. You can see my build thread of it here:

http://www.therpf.com/f77/static-costume-i-put-shock-yo-system-234144/

If you want, let me know what you think. Wish me luck!

How ya doin guys.my name is Brandon and I am from Detroit and I will be 40 this year.i got interested in prop making thru Instagram and purchased a revan armor to put together...I really signed up to check out what other makers do and see what's available to purchase to add to my collection. That's about as honest as it is.

May the force be with you

Hi all, I'm Eliot, living in Blenheim, NZ. I'm a writer and teacher, who loves movies. My son and I are building our first models using pepakura as a base. Looking forward to making new things.

Hi everyone, i have been a huge star wars fan since my early childhood..and now at 38, i am still in love with this franchise as much as i was the first time that i saw Darth Vader...i was around 4-5 years old and hes been my favorite character since then, the only difference now is that i can spend a lot of money to buy props and collectibles from star wars and many more movies that i love, and i do...lol
i am looking forward to talk to you guys and girls, as well as learning new things about star wars even though i already know a lot...we always learn new things and thats why it so much fun to me!
Erick

Hello, I've just discovered this community of people that create things. I love it. I plan on creating a Blacksuit Spiderman, some Destiny stuff, and an original take on Reptile.

Howdy.

I'm Cryu and I'm prop-curious.
I've always enjoyed doing things with my hands and creating, researching and learning from mistakes (both others and of my own).
First heard of this site from a certain television personality and then decided to take a look. I instantly fell in love with
what the community here had to offer and look to be an active (participating) member in the future.

hello, my name is kevin but you can call me killer.

im a wannabe animator and i decided to start making makeup fx. thanks to FaceOff i now know that 90% of the same skills are used in and stop motion fabrication, I honestly thought there was some extra magic involved in makeup fx before that.
i made a mask last year and I'm to continue making costumes and such for halloween.

FYI: i saw Ernest scared stupid in the theater when i was very little and i pissed my pants. :thumbsup

Hello,
My name is Keaton Kohl. I am an artist currently living in Tucson AZ. I've made a bunch of props for fun i.e.: Wall-E, Lightsabers, Wands, Helmuts, Fist of Doom, Kid sized (65%scale) Proton Packs, trap, etc, I check out this site a lot for reference and figured it was time I joined. You can find some of my prop work here: http://keatonkohl.deviantart.com Projects I'm currently considering are 1. Red Hood 2.Full size Proton Pack 3.Claptrap.

Hi My name is Blackthorn Tk. I'm a gamer/ Cosplayer that be always looking for ideas for the next Kawaii Kon in Hawaii. Since it's 2015 I'm going with the Back to the future 2 look for Marty Mcfly self drying jacket/ self tyin shoes and color change cap. I'm currently working on finishing my jacket as soon as I get paid I'm going to start upon getting more materials for it.

Hello,

Im here because I am trying to build my own Spcae Marine costume. I have Made the helmet out of pepakura and now im looking to make the rest out of foam. im a fan of the PC games but ive never really gotten into the board game aspect. im a gamer at heart and fine alot of this stuff interesting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back