Unlimited Run Blade Runner 2049 Officer K JACKET/COAT by Magnoli Clothiers

looks great, though there's only 3 pockets on the front. The upper left pocket shouldn't be there. (Fully cognisant of the fact you've probably already fixed this.)

Also there was an article just recently (http://bit.ly/2wJNl9A) that said the cotton fabric was actually laminated+painted, so I don't know if that's something to look into for these jackets.

Thanks, robo3687, always good to have details pointed out, regardless of what people thing we've caught already or not. As for the "laminated & painted"... it's always tricky to try and replicate something accurately AND make it practical for regular production and everyday wear. I think our regular waxed cotton should do the trick. The big question is how well it'll take to printing for the back graphic. Stay tuned...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, @robo3687, always good to have details pointed out, regardless of what people thing we've caught already or not. As for the "laminated & painted"... it's always tricky to try and replicate something accurately AND make it practical for regular production and everyday wear. I think our regular waxed cotton should do the trick. The big question is how well it'll take to printing for the back graphic. Stay tuned...

happy to help out, I'll give it another look over later and compare it to my notes to see if I can spot anything else (I've been going a bit deep dive crazy on it since seeing 2049 the other day)

Just wanted to say I’m following this thread with great interest and look forward to seeing how this turns out and having the opportunity to consider a purchase!

Including the collar closure? I would think that embedded rare earth magnets would do the job.

I'm also following intently as I am planning to order this ASAP.

Including the collar closure? I would think that embedded rare earth magnets would do the job.

For the collar it's not too bad as they naturally want to lay that way, the magnets just keep them in place. But for a front closure which has constant pressure of opening from body movement, magnets are just not at practical as buttons, zippers, hooks, etc.

For the collar it's not too bad as they naturally want to lay that way, the magnets just keep them in place. But for a front closure which has constant pressure of opening from body movement, magnets are just not at practical as buttons, zippers, hooks, etc.
Oh, I want 100% accuracy. Hook and loop for the front then magnetic only for the lapel.

@robo3687, don't kill yourself, I think we've nailed down all the necessary changes with our updated pattern.

I've done some sketches (based off photos). I didn't end up comparing it to your prototype since you've already said you're making some changes, this is just my view of how the coat comes together. Hopefully they're helpful in some way.

Udye7Fi.png

Full Res link: https://i.imgur.com/5TiGgn5.jpg

Awesome stuff. One thing that I think is important but perhaps hard to capture is how the coat is tailored (because it was literally tailored for Gosling’s body).

But we should try to reproduce the shape/lines to really duplicate the overall look. The coat in the movie is not a trench coat or a straight “tube”. The lines and tailored fit are super important.

Dunno if this helps, as you haven't mentioned the lining. Here's a cap of the quilt pattern:

2qlygjq.jpg

Already noted in the sketch posted earlier, but here's some good shots showing the shoulder pad pattern, and the colour of the coat with out all the filters:

1pcfw5.jpg

20u7od3.jpg

280ml42.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back