TrickOrTreatStudios Gizmo 1:1 Puppet

Still no reply since last week... a PayPal dispute has been opened... no other way to get a response... I hope they are not trying to get some time to ship and say "we did not know about your cancellation".
As I am working myself for a webshop company, I can tell their reply process is very bad. This is really sad to say bu this company is no good for me, I won't order there anymore.

I was hoping to add Stripe to sit next to my Jun Planning Gizmo... but I am so glad I didn't waste the money.
I really like my Jun version and it only cost me $90.
IMG_7380.JPG
IMG_7381.JPG

Damn, I should have grabbed that Gizmo I saw a the last CC for $25. He was not perfect either, but a damn sight better than these $70 things.

Damn, I should have grabbed that Gizmo I saw a the last CC for $25. He was not perfect either, but a damn sight better than these $70 things.

Yeah, he is not perfect but a great base to customize. I still plan on doing some repaints on his ears/face/hands and maybe go in through back of head to add glass eyes.

Small vent.. But partially relevant to the thread.

I ordered a product from them that was arriving broken due to inadequate packing and they started asking for more money! As a business, you'd think it would be there job to calculate costs correctly.. They didn't. The only email I've seen from them hasn't even been an apology for broken items, just demanding more money!
They've also posted on their Facebook and Instagram they are no longer taking mail regarding order status.. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but ignoring your customers doesn't make for great costumer service. Trick or Treat studios, Chris Zephro, and their products.... In my opinion? They're jokes. Zephro trolls around eBay threatening C&Ds to any and every maker he can find (you can see this brought up many times on their FB page) while allowing his sculptors (aka the TALENT) to sell as many unlicensed copies as they please. He also feels the need to stop by the MM.net group to literally argue with anyone who has a bad opinion of his products.. Not try to fix the situation or the product, but to argue... He is a hypocrite, a liar, and a terrible businessman in my opinion.

I honestly hope you folks take this thread and its contents in consideration before ever making a purchase from ToTs. I know they will never get my business again.

Last edited:
Is that the battery power singing and Dancing Gizmo? If it is, it is smaller than actual size.

No this was a just soft toy with hard plastic parts (ears,face, hands etc). It is also quite under weight as in thin and could benefit from being (fed, just not after mid-night) stuffed better to make him more round. I am guessing it was about 9" tall.

He is a member here, I'm surprised he has not shown up here although it WOULD be hard trying to defend this horrible piece.

.He also feels the need to stop by the MM.net group to literally argue with anyone who has a bad opinion of his products..

This is really disappointing to see. I'm really wishing I had jumped on the mogwai Stripe I had found last year. I really had high hopes for these and man did I get excited when I saw they made Stripe as well.

Although (if there is a silver lining, this would be it), I can't wait to see the mods/upgrades, those of you who do get them do with them.

Update on my case :

Trick ore Treat Studios finally refund my order. For this I had a friend of mine living in California call them directly for me (I am located in Japan). They said they were about to ship and only received one mail from me... well, they did not dare reply for more than a week...
I have my money now, so no problem. Their Gizmo doll seems very low quality to me, I do not know about their others props that look cool though, but customer service is way lower than my expectations.... I would say "only order stuff that has been reviewed on other sites" (the reviews on their website are not accurate).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back