The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Oops. Didn't notice to turn the page before I jumped in. :facepalm

Starlordquill is right - you can find them by doing a search for places that sell hardware for making purses and bags

Some quick progress pics to share before I drop the suit off with the tailor tomorrow. I painted the gray pleather parts with the correct colors, except the shoulder trim as I have other plans for that area. Glued the arm magnets from Etsy to the jacket and added nylon webbing to my kingsley TWS harness and belt. I'm not going to add nylon to the actual belt as it's beyond what I'm willing to invest in this project, just did the pouches and I'm pretty happy with it. Same with the oval grommets to the back of the harness, more trouble than it's worth, so I just found a workaround solution.

20150624_075012_7_bestshot.jpg

20150624_075115_1_bestshot.jpg

20150624_074650_5_bestshot.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I'm out of time for the Etsy arm magnets with sdcc around the corner so I may have to fire the forge up and make some out of mild steel. Did you take out any of the elbow and knee padding? I'm going to have to turn the jacket and pants inside out and pull some off, as it makes the joints way too tight...

Some quick progress pics to share before I drop the suit off with the tailor tomorrow. I painted the gray pleather parts with the correct colors, except the shoulder trim as I have other plans for that area. Glued the arm magnets from Etsy to the jacket and added nylon webbing to my kingsley TWS harness and belt. I'm not going to add nylon to the actual belt as it's beyond what I'm willing to invest in this project, just did the pouches and I'm pretty happy with it. Same with the oval grommets to the back of the harness, more trouble than it's worth, so I just found a workaround solution.
third3ye-
What paint and color did you use for the pleather? I talk it that would be for the pants only?

third3ye-
What paint and color did you use for the pleather? I talk it that would be for the pants only?

I used Tamiya acrylic paints, XF1 flat black and X-3 royal blue. I painted the area around the chest star and the pants black, and used blue for the forearm. The royal blue has a glossy finish to it so I had to spray it with a matte finish to reduce the shine.

Has anyone tried painting the blue or red on the suit? I'm thinking about taking a stab at it just to brighten it up a bit, cosplay sky suit is a good base but not quite accurate on color. any ideas or thoughts?

Going to ask here what boots are you guys rocking? Tried getting the Magnum Mach 1 but of course discontinued everywhere.
Tomorrow going to order up my suit.

Agree with third3ye on that helmet, you can do way better then that. Wear that and would take away from the costume.
Guys how did the jacket fit for you? Posted up on the thread I started that the jacket was SNUG for a Large when my chest is 40 and its supposed to be for 42-44. third3ye, you seem to have a decent amount of room in yours? What about ClarkHD and abwchris?
Pants fit perfectly, no complaints there.
I will say my A logos were pretty good, but yes I will replace them when someone starts making them. The gloves though like we all agree, yikes! Can't wait till someone starts a run on those. I was impressed that the star is metal, and even the hardware on the shield straps, though I have way better equipment coming from Looch.
Capt.jpg

third3ye, you seem to have a decent amount of room in yours?

Not at all, mine's pretty snug. I can take in a little bit around the lower torso, that's about it. The jacket is too narrow for my shoulders and my arms leave absolutely zero room in the sleeves. Sleeve length is even shorter than yours, but since the gloves go over that it's not that big an issue. I have a tailor working on the jacket at the moment, I should have something to show in a couple weeks. I'm having him add 0.5" to the shoulder seam, that'll give me a little extra room for shoulder padding and may extend the sleeves a little bit.

Last edited:
Not at all, mine's pretty snug. I can take in a little bit around the lower torso, that's about it. The jacket is too narrow for my shoulders and my arms leave absolutely zero room in the sleeves. Sleeve length is even shorter than yours, but since the gloves go over that it's not that big an issue. I have a tailor working on the jacket at the moment, I should have something to show in a couple weeks. I'm having him add 0.5" to the shoulder seam, that'll give me a little extra room for shoulder padding and may extend the sleeves a little bit.

This pretty well sums up the fir of mine as well. The chest and torso had a bit of extra room but sleeves fit tightly at the shoulders and couldnt raise my arms without the whole suit riding up. Tailor is working on adjustments for that for mine, hopefully it will work out. Sleeves were also on the short side but I have long arms compared to my height, the gloves should fix that anyways.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you guys get extra fabric, or hope your tailor can work magic with what they have?

Hoping for magic. LOL Didnt even think to ask at the time, first time ordering from them so didnt know what all they would change about listed items like not wanting parts or selling fabric. Got a phone call today that mine is ready so Ill find out Monday what she was able to do.

I'll take what third3ye said when I take mine to the tailors.
I asked them about extra fabric if I wanted to go that route instead of buying an XL jacket for $100. Their reply gave me a chuckle:
"As for the fabric, the price for each yard is $20. Actually i do not suggest that you buy the fabric, as you know, the handwork in your country is much higher than us."
Seems like we are all having the same problems. Wonder if it's worth telling them they need to increase shoulder length and sleeve length. They did change their Arrow pattern and Imperial Officer after feedback from buyers.

I bought 1 square meter of fabric from Cosplaysky and should have a bunch left over, PM me if interested, just note that I won't be selling leftovers until a couple weeks from now. The color is slightly off from my suit (see pic below), but close enough, certainly much closer than any fabric I saw while shopping around. Since I'm only using the fabric for the shoulder seam and new shoulder covers, the slight difference is tolerable. When I asked Cosplaysky about it, they said the fabric dye can vary depending on when they order it from their supplier and they have no way of guaranteeing a perfect match with my suit. Who knows, this might be a perfect match for some of your suits depending on when they were manufactured.

20150624_073149.jpg

Last edited:
Question! I plan on buying and modifying this costume in a few months (After I finish my workout plan...where's a super soldier serum when you need it amiright? -_-') and I was curious if anyone has tried the acetone method to get rid of the "shinyness" of the fabric on this thing? That's the only thing deterring me from purchasing it and I would love to be able to make it matte instead of shiny if possible. Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back