The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Currently working on rubber casts for the chest details, shoulder borders, leg details for this suit should have some photos up soon!

image.jpgimage.jpg

For that price I would just go with a helmet by TheRocketeer. The Composite FX version looks kinda flimsy and Party City, especially the straps.

I just received my suit from cosplay sky. The shipping was insanely quick. I ordered it last Friday and got it today. The shoulders and biceps are quite tight. What are you guys doing to let out the suit in those tight places? Will a tailor even be able to this without extra material?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438043979.455028.jpg

My seamstress said there isn't a lot of extra material to work with. She ordered some fabric to get me a little more room. I get my costume back later this week.
Think this just reinforces getting a size larger so it can be taken in.

My jacket is almost done, tried it on this morning and it looks fantastic :thumbsup I would post pics but the tailor forgot something minor so I need to wait another day, will definitely have pics up over the weekend. My biggest recommendation for those making alterations is to sew on darts in the armpit area, this is what my tailor did to open up the shoulders and lats. He did add 1/2" of fabric to the top shoulder seam based on my request but I don't think that did very much to the overall look.

One thing to note is that even with the added fabric, the entire jacket will still move up when raising the arms, which was a common complaint for the Cosplaysky Cap suits. Unfortunately there's no way around this. I believe the SU suit is built with the torso as a vest and the sleeves as a separate piece connected to an undershirt, see the Civil War set photo below to see what I mean. So unless you want to completely overhaul the Cosplaysky jacket, we'll just have to live with this design flaw. The good news is that with the added fabric, it allows for a little more movement before the entire jacket moves, but is still limits the poses you can achieve for photos.

Stay tuned!

28B88D5B00000578-3083716-image-a-65_1431718128672.jpg

Here's a teaser pic showing the new shoulder covers before and after, I'm really happy how this turned out. I still need to paint it black and glue on the shoulder emblems, will be doing that over the weekend before taking pics.

Before:
20150522_150018_5_bestshot.jpg

After:
20150728_093443.png.jpeg

I just ordered my suit last night! I'm pumped to start altering it! What fabric paints are you guys using for the shoulder area and the thigh piece?

Also anyone waiting to order, they're 15% off right now and you can use the code "20cym" (without the quotes) for an additional 20% off! I got my suit for 203.99 plus shipping

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is anyone trying to convert this into a civil war suit? Do you think it would be easy?

Definitely not easy. I actually think it might be a little easier modifying the TWS stealth suit into the Civil War suit. Main things you'd have to do are remove the silver stripes across the chest, add the red and white ab stripes, add new shoulder covers (different design than AoU), and add the red stripe on the biceps. There's still going to be some differences (i.e. around chest star) but that'll get you pretty close. Harness is very similar to AoU, belt pouches are different but rest of belt is similar to AoU; you can probably use either TWS or AoU harness/belt and it'll look close enough. You can just use the same gloves and gaiters from the stealth suit, pretty close.

My jacket is almost done, tried it on this morning and it looks fantastic :thumbsup I would post pics but the tailor forgot something minor so I need to wait another day, will definitely have pics up over the weekend. My biggest recommendation for those making alterations is to sew on darts in the armpit area, this is what my tailor did to open up the shoulders and lats. He did add 1/2" of fabric to the top shoulder seam based on my request but I don't think that did very much to the overall look.

One thing to note is that even with the added fabric, the entire jacket will still move up when raising the arms, which was a common complaint for the Cosplaysky Cap suits. Unfortunately there's no way around this. I believe the SU suit is built with the torso as a vest and the sleeves as a separate piece connected to an undershirt, see the Civil War set photo below to see what I mean. So unless you want to completely overhaul the Cosplaysky jacket, we'll just have to live with this design flaw. The good news is that with the added fabric, it allows for a little more movement before the entire jacket moves, but is still limits the poses you can achieve for photos.

Stay tuned!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/15/20/28B88D5B00000578-3083716-image-a-65_1431718128672.jpg

Like a jumpsuit then anything with the chest part a different section. Looks like the top zipper is like a coat zipper. The stomach area is fastened on his left side, and then a zipper for the front crotch area. Wonder if the chest part is like a 'bib' piece going over the front and back, and fastens at the waist. Defiantly would fix the flexibility issue we all have. Now I can see all the people who custom made theirs going for a redesign. I've seen Cosplaysky redo their designs based on customer feedback, wonder if they would do the same.

Now an unrelated question, not related to the suit so I apologize, is his hair part on the left or right side. I look at most pictures and see it on the right but a few are on the left.

Hoping to pick my suit up Saturday.

Hey third3ye, when do we get to see the gussets to the armpits and shoulder alteration to your suit? I am getting to ready to take mine to the tailors and would like to see your additions.

Tha tailor did a good job. It doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the suit at all. How much were the alterations if you don't mid me asking? Did you happen to have any material left to purchase for other Rpf members?

Unfortunatly my seamstress didn't have as much luck. Didn't do the darts like third3ye's did, but added more canvas blue material in the arm to give me more arm room, hoping then it would give more movement. Sadly it didn't change. I've attached pics of what it looks like now with me in it.
Attached a few pics of what it looks like now, pardon my stomach shot, but thats what happens when I raise one arm. The second pic is that of my sleeve length from underarm to wrist. The third is showing the distance of the zipper without me sucking it all in.
So even though my measurements fit perfectly in a large, thinking XL or XXL jacket??? Thoughts?
20150801_170423.jpg20150801_173744.jpg20150801_173819.jpg

So after speaking with the guy tailoring my suit we came up with an idea. What if we added some blue spandex/Lycra in the armpit, then added a zipper to the bottom of the jacket and the top of the pants. The spandex would give a tad bit more mobility but even if the jacket raised it would just resist the pants up a bit to. That would at least prevent the midriff from showing.

Thoughts? We haven't decided if we're gonna try that yet

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spandex would work nicely and it has been used in other costumes for added stretch and flexibility

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's some progress pics with my suit. At this point I just need to do the gloves and apply some weathering on the metal parts, then I'm done. My camera seems to make me slimmer, the shoulders look broader in person :confused Lastly some elderly virgin punk photobombed my last pic :lol

20150802_081050-1.jpg

20150802_080957-1.jpg

20150802_080909-1.jpg

20150802_081302-1.jpg

20150802_081815-1.jpg

20150802_082335.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back