Rexermus

I cannot for the life of me find anything on Cap's Endgame boots, Hot Toy's has the completely wrong boots and every Chinese/cheap costume is based on their design. Only reference I can really find is from this FIDM Museum & Galleries exhibition on February 4, 2020 but it doesn't show much besides the toes. I have no ability to research boots or anything of the like so I'd really appreciate any help from my fellow RPFers. Do the midsoles look familiar to any one?

Attachments

• captain America Avengers Endgame boots.jpeg
    captain America Avengers Endgame boots.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 354
Well that certainly complicates things. The toe caps are also custom then? Was hoping there was a base off-the-shelf boot under the gaiters

Well that certainly complicates things. The toe caps are also custom then? Was hoping there was a base off-the-shelf boot under the gaiters
Sadly not. All custom aside from the soles.

The last off the shelf boot Cap used was the Under Armour Alegant, which was the stunt and occasional hero shoe in Civil War. (Can be seen in the Airport scene)

TheNickFox Do you think these could work for "good enough" donor uppers if they were painted black?
upperdonor.jpg

Cut off the sole and attach the Vibram Bifida soles? If you know any boots with closer matching toe caps I'm all ears

TheNickFox Do you think these could work for "good enough" donor uppers if they were painted black?
View attachment 1678431
Cut off the sole and attach the Vibram Bifida soles? If you know any boots with closer matching toe caps I'm all ears
That boot already includes a Bifida sole, so no need to cut off anything. Get some Tulip colorshot fabric paint if you want to paint the boots black though. (My personal favorite product for stuff like this)

The toe cap is the thing that is least like any boot out there. If you look or "Brush on Toe Protection" products you might be able to simulate something close, but the real thing appears to be an applied rubber piece, so you'll have to work to match that look yourself.

Good luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back