My take on the Alien as a toddler! UPDATED 6/1

Re: UPDATED 5/4: My take on the Alien as a toddler! (Yep! You read it right!)

Got both sides roughed in... I'm pretty happy with how it looks. Next step is to go in a detail it and trick it out. After that I'll be running the tubing" around the edges of the head that the clear dome will sit on then the lower jaw, teeth and inner mouth!... Then, it's on to the body!

BA9.jpgBA2.jpgBA3.jpgBA4.jpgBA5.jpgBA6.jpgBA7.jpgBA8.jpg

Thanks for looking!
-B89!

Re: UPDATED 5/8: My take on the Alien as a toddler! (Yep! You read it right!)

this build is like a car crash.....I just can't look away

LOL! Car crash, huh? Hopefully the really awesome, spectacular kind of NASCAR-ish crash and not the mini van meets a semi on the highway kind! ;)

I'm currently adding the "tubing" around the head now... this is what the clear dome will be sitting on. I'll back it to set the all the current sculpted sections then it's time to move onto the mouth/teeth, lower jaw and inner mouth!

Stay tuned!!
-B89!

Roughed in the "tubing" around the head where the clear dome will sit... I'm starting on the lower jaw next.

BA1B.jpgBA2BB.jpgBA3B.jpgBA4B.jpg

-B89!

Re: UPDATED 5/22: My take on the Alien as a toddler! (Yep! You read it right!)

Finished up the "tubing" for the clear dome and moved on to the upper palate and "baby teeth"... Of coarse he'll need braces when he's a little older. ;) Starting the lower jaw next!

-B89!

FullSizeRender4.jpgFullSizeRender5.jpgFullSizeRender3.jpgFullSizeRender2.jpgFullSizeRender1.jpg

Re: My take on the Alien as a toddler! UPDATED 5/22: Upper Baby teeth & palate

Thanks you!!

Here's the latest... Finished up the lower jaw, now I just need to "sculpt" it into the lower part of the head and add the tendons on the sides of the jaw that connect it to the head. I'm starting the inner mouth as well. Once that's wrapped up, it's onto the body!

Thinking about the body, here's where I'd really welcome some input... would it look more fitting to do a typical "chubby" baby body and appendages or remain a little closer to the adult and have him be rather skinny and boney looking? I'm tending to lean more towards skinny and boney but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
-B89!

FullSizeRender6.jpgFullSizeRender6.jpgFullSizeRender7.jpgFullSizeRender8.jpgFullSizeRender10.jpg

Re: My take on the Alien as a toddler! UPDATED 5/25: Lower jaw finished

The "adult" Alien is also skinnier and more boney than a human, I guess. So it would be normal if the toddler alien also is skinnier than a human toddler... This picture could give some inspiration:

View attachment 481261

I actually have that reference! That's a cool piece!! I'm leaning towards "skinny" as well.

Finished the inner mouth... I decided for ease in moulding because it's so small, I would leave it closed... and with it be a toddler, no fangs yet hence the baby teeth. Let me know what you think. (And yes, I know it look a bit phallic-esc )

-B89!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92

(And yes, I know it look a bit phallic-esc )

Wasn't that the whole point behind Giger's original design?

- - - Updated - - -

The "adult" Alien is also skinnier and more boney than a human, I guess. So it would be normal if the toddler alien also is skinnier than a human toddler... This picture could give some inspiration:

View attachment 481261

This looks brilliant! Would this be the dog/ox alien because it fully formed instead of the traditional "snake" shape of the chestburster?

ice always know that about the head shape, which mine definitely has somewhat the "look" as well... It's when I had finished the inner mouth, there was no question! LOL!

-B89!

I was just not happy with the way the inner mouth was looking… To me it just doesn't say Alien unless the inner mouth is open. Plus, I thought the first sculpt looked much too simplistic. I'm digging this one!

-B89!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    841.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
Re: My take on the Alien as a toddler! UPDATED 5/28 Revised inner mouth

After seeing both, I agree. The second one is better.

Yep, a kid with attitude!

Last edited:

This is amazing.
In concept and execution.
Hats off to you.
Will there be adoptions available at some point?

Thanks!! I do hope to "share the love" once I get it completed. ;)

I'm working on the body now...
-B89!

Re: UPDATED 5/4: My take on the Alien as a toddler! (Yep! You read it right!)

Got both sides roughed in... I'm pretty happy with how it looks. Next step is to go in a detail it and trick it out. After that I'll be running the tubing" around the edges of the head that the clear dome will sit on then the lower jaw, teeth and inner mouth!... Then, it's on to the body!

View attachment 474755View attachment 474756View attachment 474757View attachment 474758View attachment 474759View attachment 474760View attachment 474761View attachment 474762

Thanks for looking!
-B89!

Now THAT should be an Indy "Crystal Skull"!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back