Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

hey does anyone know what kind of material is the black parts of the costume it looks kinda latex-y and its not leather either so what kind of material is it that can cause somewhat shine to it?

Not sure about stretch but I thought this looked pretty good
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=236412&page=17

MESH-FABRIC.jpg

i think im pretty sure i got most figured out
1. draw out the stitch pattern btw without the gloves the suit has a thumb hole on its sleeves
2. measure your height and use photoshop to over lap a picture of you and a picture of the suit to get a rough estimate of the measurement of each part using the line tool
3. using stretch matte vinyl for the black parts and for the red (i plan on using cordura) you can use whatever you find appropriate
4. using fabric glue shape out the chest part with thin yet stiff foam that can be used with the fabric (i dunno which kind im new to this any suggestions?)
5. all other accessories should be last since they are most expensive at least with the fabrics its not a huge loss if the suit fails (knock on wood)
6. foam for the shin pieces
...to be continued have an cheap idea for the mask section which involves a bald cap, double sided tape, a fabric large enough for your head and fabric stiffener

So I've been building slowly for a few weeks with tons of help from test eagle. This will be my first cosplay. I'm looking into this back scabbard. And dang is it hard to find any information, has anyone built one of their own. I just can't fathom spending that much on shape ways version.

Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

Found this for fabric at C2E2. Might be feasible. It's almost a four way stretch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458501390.092001.jpg

The webbing that holds the bottom two pouches, below the right holster is (big shocker) a 5.11 Traverse double buckle belt, style 59510, in black (019).

Has anyone given thought to how the construction of the sleeve should go? Specifically the shoulder pads - it looks to me like the foam is set into the sleeve rather than sitting on top of it. The same could be said of the sheaths for the push daggers on his chest piece. It looks like foam but asides from stitching it right on a layer of fabric, I can't see how to attach it.

Didn't end up using the material off ebay but did do a new version of suit in cordura, what ya think?
12977193_1162898343741202_6691934218202784207_o.jpg

Doing shoulder straps now as an option with suits and working on shin guards and a new version of belts and pouches.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm looking for a good movie style mask for a decent price. I found one on etsy for about $165 but I was wondering if there were any cheaper ones around. Thanks ahead of time!

Has anyone given thought to how the construction of the sleeve should go? Specifically the shoulder pads - it looks to me like the foam is set into the sleeve rather than sitting on top of it. The same could be said of the sheaths for the push daggers on his chest piece. It looks like foam but asides from stitching it right on a layer of fabric, I can't see how to attach it.

The shoulder is a custom mold for screen used suit (see below), you can see how it deforms in some shots in movie, I believe Todd Cook is doing one but don't think he's releasing to public.
c67338b0beeab2f6-20150310_174047.jpg

Without going down the road of a custom mold we've done this is foam and faux leather (will be real leather for clients), apologies for watermarks, but to many people steal my images. So you're on the right track (if not going a custom mold), foam is set into our shoulder and then backed by some to hold shape.
Shoulder.jpg
Movie shoulder below
Movieshoulder.jpg

The shoulder is a custom mold for screen used suit (see below), you can see how it deforms in some shots in movie, I believe Todd Cook is doing one but don't think he's releasing to public.
View attachment 617954

Without going down the road of a custom mold we've done this is foam and faux leather (will be real leather for clients), apologies for watermarks, but to many people steal my images. So you're on the right track (if not going a custom mold), foam is set into our shoulder and then backed by some to hold shape.
View attachment 617955
Movie shoulder below
View attachment 617956

You are correct, mine is a molded version

I went through the making of the costume bit of the deadpool extras, I got as many pictures as I could of certain bits of the costume like fabric, close up shots of the mask, shin guards. I hope these pictures help :D

bKJJ5zP.png
LAgpmEh.png
NiPSh1v.png
b3vanHs.png
7C3woZc.png
P3SOAwY.png
GrxUhxk.png

I thought only the digital download was released today.. Fett202, you got the Blu-Ray already?

..nvm.. I see where the extras can be downloaded on VUDU and Microsoft :$

btw VUDU sucks so much LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back