Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by RiotJavelinDX, Mar 27, 2015.

1. RiotJavelinDX

RiotJavelinDX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

[​IMG]

2. IndridColdx

IndridColdx Active Member

Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

Looks like some thick fabric. Easy to make it seems

3. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

Wow, that is like torn straight from the comics, amazing

4. Daftpunk

Daftpunk Jr Member

Better than his look in Wolverine origins

5. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Um, are you sure that's the film costume? Because I very much doubt that.

6. Mystery

yes it is http://www.foxmovies.com/movies/deadpool

7. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So it is.

Anybody else kind of disappointed?

Iracel likes this.
  8. RiotJavelinDX

Yes, I am sure. Why do you doubt that's the film costume?

9. Kix

Kix Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just you, I think?

The world seems largely supportive.

I mean... as supportive as anyone can be of Deadpool, anyway. Ugh.

TJack likes this.
  10. Athanasius

Athanasius Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well this is the suit from the leaked footage, so it looks pretty close:

uploadfromtaptalk1427574534078.jpg

I'm way keen. I love this promo picture, it's so Deadpool haha

11. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

It's beautiful.... However if you take a closer look it does seem to have a printed pattern on it.

12. RiotJavelinDX

I personally don't think that's the case

13. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

14. dannylopuz

dannylopuz Sr Member

So far we've got two different pics, but the second one is quite clear.

deadpool-movie-suit-research-thread-b9pqctxiuaa3jko-jpg-457307d1427582899.jpg

deadpool-movie-suit-research-thread-deadpool-movie-costume-pic-2-jpg-457308d1427582899.jpg

(click for a high-res pic)
    higres.jpg

The fabric at first glance seems thick, but I think it's the same way the TASM2 suit looked thick, I think it's just because it has a crossed lines pattern that's screen printed, as you can clearly see in the chest area. There seems to be some padded parts in the neck, shoulders and knees (possibly around the eyes as well?). The sewing lines are a noticeable black.

The head is definitely a custom made faceshell, with possibly CGI eyes, since he looks to be making a face (am I the only one excited about this white-eyed characters finally represented in live-action films?). There's a raised figure in the black parts of the chest, possibly knives (although with that shape how can you take them out?). He seems to be carrying some sort of bag in the back.

Moving down to the belt we count at least three brown leather pouches attached to the belt made with the same material with the deadpool symbol in the middle. In the thighs we see two knives in black leather sheaths followed by yet another set of brown leather pouches in the right thigh. The calves (presumably both with knives attached) seem to be made of a thicher distressed material that ressembles kevlar, also present on top of the shoes, which are presumably black military boots.

That's what I got from the images, but I'm sure I missed a lot so let me know. Overall the suit looks definitely spot on, not the "director's version" of the suit but a suit taken directly from the comic book. I like it quite a lot and since I already work with spandex and leather, starting making them seems quite doable so far. Also since the neck seems padded we might finally get a screen accurate suit where you can take off the mask. This are the little details that show that they're not cutting corners and they're having a lot of eye for details. I believe as soon as we get more pics we'll start seeing runs for the belt, the kevlar pieces and the knives, and I'd love to tackle the full suit at some point, I'm really excited about this suit and definitely excited about the movie. I'll update this with more and more pics when they are released.

What do you guys think?

*Update*

The main guns are Desert Eagle .50 (thanks to Stirex for the pic!)
    c96b9e35f36fc603e7f24fef0a24ccd3.jpg

and the boots are black Nike SFBs, maybe with a slight mod (thanks to Jango Wes for the find!) as you can clearly see from the sole.

[​IMG]

Chest knives are Benchmark Push Daggers thanks to Zephisto!

BEBMK028.jpg

higres.jpg

B9pqctXIUAA3Jko.jpg

deadpool-movie-costume-pic-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    harmfulAdam likes this.
  15. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

Re: Deadpool movie suit research thread

Exactly. The other thread questioned me about whether there was a pattern on the suit, but the pattern is definitely there. It'll be a fun one to build.

16. dannylopuz

dannylopuz Sr Member

I just opened a thread where I tried to pick apart every detail on the suit. I like it a lot actually. I don't like that it's yet another origin story but hopefully we'll get over that with flashbacks, or even better, in the first scenes and cut to Deadpool right away.

17. dannylopuz

dannylopuz Sr Member

Yeah I think we can all agree that you can't pull off a plain colored skin tight suit in real life. Spider-Man, Nolan's Catwoman, last two Superman movies, they all got spandex suits with screen-printed details to add texture and it definitely looks way way better.

meowz0r likes this.
  18. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

Totally.

19. drumguy560

drumguy560 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I like it, but historically films that have used costumes that came straight from the comic book are not so great.....

20. dannylopuz

dannylopuz Sr Member

I don't know what you mean, Iron Man was terrific and had a pretty spot on suit, Thor is also spot on and we get pretty good stories and even Tasm2 which wasn't great, their spidey was the best portrayal with the best cgi spidey we've gotten live action.

n0regret5 likes this.
  21. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

You're right, we should go back to Baraka-pool from X-men Origins.

WBE and n0regret5 like this.
  22. drumguy560

drumguy560 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was mostly talking about fantastic 4 1&2, ghost rider 1&2, and asm2......obviously I hated origins dead pool, and iron man from the movie looked nothing like the comics at the time, extremis was the book before, which looks significantly different from the movie version. Marvel studios has been smart with keeping the spirit of the comic character, but modernizing them enough to make it believable.

GhostMinion likes this.
  23. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

So whose the first to replicate it?

24. JWMines

JWMines Active Member

Have to wait until we see a picture of the back first ;)

25. RiotJavelinDX

I'm still not quite sure what you're saying. The accent pieces are rubber or perhaps leather and popping out, definitely 3D. I see some buckles. The seems may look flat and printed on but you kinda want flush seems.

26. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

Hey bro, I was refering to this pattern.

image.jpg

27. Looch

Looch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does seem to look like neoprene to me. Just sayin'.

28. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

He also has hard shell gun holsters if you look between his thigh and the rug.
    I'm really looking forward to making this bit I have a strong feeling we will see alot of dye subs for the base ( I plan to have all the red dyesubbed) and maybe a few screen printed suits do we know if he is going to have the little point on the back of his hood?

29. king20000

king20000 New Member

This are True?So good!!!!!!

30. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

31. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  32. Mystery

Probably where this video goes, lmao caught me off guard when I watched it, just brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEkqZxLyrg

33. koolrcky

koolrcky New Member

These should help :D
    Deadpool costume first look.png Deadpool front of costume first look.png Deadpool closeup costume top half first look.png

34. BSD

BSD Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It almost seems like some sort of leather looking at it. I do not think it is like a spiderman suit. But I mostly deal in armor. Following this.

35. SpideyQueue

SpideyQueue Member

I'm just hoping it doesnt become another FOX-ish type movie. Where he only has the mask on a quarter of the time because they will try to rely on Renolds to sell the movie as opposed to the character. I'm also a bit Biased because i absolutely loath FOX.
    The suit almost has the nice matte look to it and its pretty impressive!

36. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

If you watch thr video you will see its leather covered armour ove a screen printed undesuit very reminiscent of ASM but not so shiny or thick

37. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

Reynolds loves the character so if he takes his mask of he will be scarred. I doubt he will take it off much

38. Valor

Valor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Weird. The "Slater Interview Suit" looks like leather ... no texture. The "Bear Rug Suit" looks like a fabric with a noticeable texture.

Two suits?

suits.jpg

kenlandrum likes this.
  39. NuRF

NuRF Well-Known Member

I can see the leather and the armour. Struggling to see any screen printed material though. Can you grab a shot to clarify what you mean?

40. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

IMG_20150402_150323.JPG
    Looking at hd reference it could be textured leather not sure yet

kenlandrum likes this.
  41. NuRF

NuRF Well-Known Member

Yep, see what you mean now.

42. faille

faille Active Member

I'm excited to see Van Wilder as Deadpool. Used to see Deadpool cosplayed at cons but wasn't familiar with him. Wondered wth chimichangas were all about. Then I got into Marvel Puzzle Quest (match 3 mobile game) and found that I really love Deadpool's story lines and started to understand why he's so popular. Kind of irreverent, breaks the fourth wall.. all things that Ryan Reynolds is good at. Looking forward to seeing people's builds!

43. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

2 layers the textured fabric apears to be either a perforated leather or scren printed lycra. If you look close you can see the differences IMG_20150402_150323.JPG

44. RiotJavelinDX

More likely perforated fabric

45. Valor

Valor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I see what you mean. But I'm really reacting to the difference in the chest area. Totally different. Right?

46. lewhitewizard

lewhitewizard New Member

I like it, it looks very simple, not try hard.

47. JLeezy23

JLeezy23 Sr Member

I posted a link that has pics of a non-masked Deadpool over in the movie section of the forum, scarred but wearing a hood to hide. Anyone looking for spandex that looks like leather? http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/browse/19

48. Stirex

Stirex New Member

I have no doubt they are different costumes. I would imagine the near all leather one would be difficult for stunts, staying in all day etc.. they probably made a fabric one for the non-close shots and the leather for the near shots. Its also possible the bearskin photo has been touched up, notice how dark the seam lines are compared to the Mario suit. As for the materials for the "leather" suit. I would say there is a normal red leather, perforated, normal black leather, and a more flexible, possible vinyl in the armpit location and possible back mid-drift area for flexibility. It also appears that the shoulder strap holds the sword sheath along with two straps that attach below the "teardrop knife" areas. I think it has been pointed out, but as cool as those 2 knives look... he wouldn't be able to get them out lol.. So key now, ID the belt, holsters, pouches, and type of pistols.

If someone can mess with the contrast/ brightness a little on the just after knocking him off the stool pic, could get a view of the hammer area and better id it...

Judging by the handle thickness... 40 or 45 cal... straight grip... no screws top and bottom of grip, eliminating the berettas...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  49. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I don't think you can realy judge the caliber by the thickness of the grip, It could easily be a 9mm. The shot really isn't clear enough to see the screws but I agree with the straight grip. It kind of looks like a Beretta Cougar grip.

50. NuRF

NuRF Well-Known Member

I zoomed in on some shots...and the circular indent on the grip made me think it was a beretta...but I'm no expert with guns...at all.