The X-Files to return to TV! - I WANT TO BELIEVE

Don't care, I'm not watching it. They blew their opportunity last season. X-Files is dead forever.

I know how you feel, and if not for a couple of decent episodes like Mulder and Skully Meet The Weremonster I would be in the same boat. I wish I did not like the characters so much. So much nostalgia from watching the early days, I guess keeping me invested. If Carter's end game is to have Miller and Einstein replace Mulder and Skully, he has truly killed the series. Of course, I am being optimistic that the disaster of a finale last season can be explained away as a drugged induced delusion.

I know how you feel, and if not for a couple of decent episodes like Mulder and Skully Meet The Weremonster I would be in the same boat. I wish I did not like the characters so much. So much nostalgia from watching the early days, I guess keeping me invested. If Carter's end game is to have Miller and Einstein replace Mulder and Skully, he has truly killed the series. Of course, I am being optimistic that the disaster of a finale last season can be explained away as a drugged induced delusion.

That's pretty much my feeling. If they could just get back to basics this thing might have a few more fun seasons left in it. The Weremonster episode proved they can still do it.

I honestly stopped caring about X-Files about half-way through the original run and when it came back last year, I only watched it to see which side of the divide it came down on. It came down on the bad side. I'm done.

24 years since the premiere episode. Crazy. I can still remember setting the VCR to record this when I was playing indoor soccer with friends from work. Couldn't wait to the next work day to talk about the show.

I remember it came on Friday nights, because I wouldn't do anything Friday night until I'd watched The X-Files.
And I had a band and a hundred friends!
Thursday nights were off limits, too, because that was Seinfeld night.
I can't believe I cared so much about television in those days...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back