The X-Files to return to TV! - I WANT TO BELIEVE

Re: The X-Files Starts Tonight (1/24)--DON'T FORGET!

DAGOO!!!!!!!!!. Laughed quite a bit at last nights episode. especially the exchange in the cemetery. I'm hoping they continue not taking themselves seriously.
That was their downfall on their original run IMO. Quirky and campy is where its at, for me anyway. As you can tell I and my wife quite enjoyed it and will watch
again. I agree on the monster though, could have looked better, but suited (pun intended) the story style.

i'm enjoying the eps., fun tv and it's great they reprised the roles.

the theme song on mulder's phone, i near did a spit take! funny. the show isn't meant to be taken seriously, the seriousness is an undertone of what the show began as... all conspiracies and cover ups. you'd get 1-2 serious shows, 1 wow, did you see that show and the rest were campy doing monster of the week.

the nightstalker was similar but i don't remember politics/coverups, loved that too. fun tv and i don't think either one of them take themselves seriously doing it. seems like they're just having a good time all being together again.

:thumbsup

I got that Nightstalker vibe as well. They even went so far as to dress the guy kind of up like Kolchak.

Was that a bad Saturday Night Live skit on last night starring Michael and Gillian?

There were a few like this, that were done without scares. A vampire one sticks out in my mind where Mulder capped a kid for being a vampire, found plastic fangs and had a funny reaction.
So yeah, there were episodes like that.
Loved the twist that the guy was a lizard guy and turning into a human instead of the other way around.

There were a few like this, that were done without scares. A vampire one sticks out in my mind where Mulder capped a kid for being a vampire, found plastic fangs and had a funny reaction.
Loved the twist that the guy was a lizard guy and turning into a human instead of the other way around.

I remember that one! That was the one with Luke Wilson, right? The kid bites him or something, and when Mulder wakes up he starts reciting the theme song from Shaft (but it's Scully's telling of the story, and just as Mulder says "...he's a baaaad mother-- shut yo' mouth!" he cuts into the story and says "I did NOT say that!").

Are you freaking kidding me? They only made six episodes and this is how they waste one of them? What the heck happened to the storyline established in episode one?

What are you talking about, that was the best episode they had and probably the best episode they will ever have. Anything by Darin Morgan is brilliant. The only two mythology episodes are the first and last anyhow.

"Mulder and Scully meet a Were-Monster"

Is probably 1 of my favorite X-files episodes to date. Darin Mogran, who'se already written quite a few of the best x-files monster episodes to date, did a bang up job with last nights episode. no, it doesn't follow the big government story arch, but what it does do is re ignite the passion Mulder no longer had when joining the X-files again. god, "Guy Mann" was perfect as a character and a great juxtaposition to the the standard killer monster were used to.

loved Rhys Darby's wardrobe nod to Kolchak. seeing him prancing and clicking his heels at the end made my damn night!

- - - Updated - - -

to add,

This episode is easily up there with "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'" and "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" (all written by Darin Morgan too) as some of the great stand alone X-files episode!

Last edited by a moderator:

What are you talking about, that was the best episode they had and probably the best episode they will ever have. Anything by Darin Morgan is brilliant. The only two mythology episodes are the first and last anyhow.

Your opinion vs. mine, I thought it was terrible. But it's cool that you (and others) liked it.

Yeah, it was one of those episodes only some people are going to get and others won't. I've always thought those episodes were the best ones in the series. Even Millenium did a few those.

Yeah, it was one of those episodes only some people are going to get and others won't. I've always thought those episodes were the best ones in the series. Even Millenium did a few those.

Most people thought they were the best ones because X-Files is one of those shows that you just can't take that seriously. There's a reason why Morgan and Wong were the most popular creators on the show (and Millennium too). So many of these episodes just show how ridiculous the whole concept is.

Loved the shout-out to the late Kim Manners. Great director of X-Files and Supernatural episodes.

I assumed the gravestones had to be inside jokes, but I didn't recognize the names...

That's exactly how I took it. It was just a fun goofy episode. I don't know why Mulder's phone plays the X-Files theme though,''

I really like Rhys Darby and Kumail Nanjiani. If you haven't watched @Midnight on Comedy Central, they are hilarious when they're on.

Last edited by a moderator:

That last one with Kolchak the lizard man was a hoot and a half! Loved it.

When Scully started unbuttoning I couldn't help thinking that Squirk (for those who remember him) must have jumped off of his couch and humped his TV! :lol

That's exactly how I took it. It was just a fun goofy episode. I don't know why Mulder's phone plays the X-Files theme though,''

SInce this a funny episode and not taken very seriously… it is probably a self-referencial trope to break the fourth wall.
See here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SelfReferentialHumor

The better question is, does that mean putting "Materia Primoris" aka The X-Files Theme on a phone makes it screen accurate?

That last one with Kolchak the lizard man was a hoot and a half! Loved it.

When Scully started unbuttoning I couldn't help thinking that Squirk (for those who remember him) must have jumped off of his couch and humped his TV! :lol

:lol I was just thinking "No way this happened, but go on..."

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back