One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

I was thinking about maybe a diorama using the Enterprise/Botany Bay kit, posed like they were for shooting in the stills I've seen, on stands in front of a blue screen. Maybe with a true-to-scale camera.

Thought about doing that myself but never got round to it.
Would be great!

I actually thought that the Smithsonian might take that route when they were restoring the Big E.

bluescreen (12).jpg

:)Spockboy

Last edited:
Thought about doing that myself but never got round to it.
Would be great!

I actually thought that the Smithsonian might take that route when they were restoring the Big E.

View attachment 640887

Is that still from the Bird of the Galaxy gallery? I don't remember that particular shot. Aside from being lighter/washed out, the E looks spot on. You can even just make out the green aft window and the orange dorsal one.

Is that still from the Bird of the Galaxy gallery? I don't remember that particular shot. Aside from being lighter/washed out, the E looks spot on. You can even just make out the green aft window and the orange dorsal one.

Not sure, there are so many out there now. I think it may have been from Curtsmedia.com.
Bird of the Galaxy usually puts a giant watermark on his pictures.

Not sure, there are so many out there now. I think it may have been from Curtsmedia.com.
Bird of the Galaxy usually puts a giant watermark on his pictures.

It's not Curt's media, but he's got a great one there too, from the same shoot, with much better saturation on the models. Amazing work.

Star Trek Original Series Enterprise Reference Shots from Doug Drexler

[video=vimeo;153272017]https://vimeo.com/153272017[/video]

Got some more shots, both lit and unlit. It came on at 3pm on the dot. I'll have a gander at them when I get home tonight. Finally got me some TOS swag downstairs, though the pickins were disappointing. There's much more cool Star Wars stuff, though. Life-size Yoda replica if you got $1000 burning a hole in your pocket.

We're down here at work, so here's some swag from the gift shop. I got the tee and the TOS poster. Also grabbed a space blanket, because summer.
1c5be6cfaa83621971c4cc2a8a6bc631.jpg
525bc70c1c2695010962d9710ece5b7e.jpg
6a272be00cf8a86a33223eede6b2503d.jpg
b69c8d6cf1732a27dfd2290cc824a37d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, guys -- I've looked through the pictures from today, and there are lots of very good ones. Unfortunately, I'm exhausted from work, and my wife's grandmother passed tonight at 6, so I'm offline for the night. I will post them as soon as I can.

Oy! I have no idea what's come over me, but lately I've started waking up early and getting to work. I'm sure it'll wear off soon -- this morning workaholic thing is kinda draining.

And speaking of draining, though I've got 30 new pix ready to post now, they're going to be dribbling out. Like so many other things at my age. :p

These are more detailed than the last batch, many of them taken with my longest lens (not easy without a tripod, trust me). A couple of them look like I wasn't shooting anything in particular, but that's because they're focused on the weathering. It's very subtle in some places on the model.

Enjoy!

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20048.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20049.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20050.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20051.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20052.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20053.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20054.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20055.jpg

Enterprise%20NASM%20wtrmk%20056.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back