Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

Thanks for the excellent pics, Hirohawa. That's beautiful! I am so glad I decided on an 'end of filming' on-set look for my piece. My weathering was guessed at but I'll only need to remove a little more blue to be accurate. :)

I finally got mine.
It was stuck in French custom, and I had to pay tax to get it out:angry

Anyway, I am delighted by the blaster. From the package to the parts, everything is perfect!

Picked up mine from the post office today, got home and opened it for just a wee look. Next minute, well about four hours later she's all together. Needs bluing but, I'm going to see how others go with that first as it's a bit new to me.

The cylinder is a bit rattly though and the lever could be a bit tighter. Other than that it's an awesome piece, pretty simple to put together, Mune and co' have done all of the hard work for you.

If you are on the fence about getting one get off and spend some money on great value prop!

tomenosukeBR.jpg

After a few days of handling, my kit as developed a bit of looseness between the grip and bulldog frame. It's quite wobbly actually. Going to have to go back and strengthen it somehow, maybe with a little epoxy or something.

Needs bluing but, I'm going to see how others go with that first as it's a bit new to me.

It was new to me too but it is fairly hard to go wrong. I've posted pics and info earlier in the thread (posts #315 and #322), in case that helps.

After a few days of handling, my kit as developed a bit of looseness between the grip and bulldog frame. It's quite wobbly actually. Going to have to go back and strengthen it somehow, maybe with a little epoxy or something.

Not just me then. Tightening the screws to the bulldog frame helps as does tightening the M2 at the rear end of the trigger guard. There is still some looseness but very slight only. I was thinking Loctite.

Not just me then. Tightening the screws to the bulldog frame helps as does tightening the M2 at the rear end of the trigger guard. There is still some looseness but very slight only. I was thinking Loctite.

yeah but I think I want to put some glue to bond the two together as well. I don't think the threads can handle too much tightening...

Stop running around the house pretending to retire replicants and I'm sure the wobble will go away. :)

It was new to me too but it is fairly hard to go wrong. I've posted pics and info earlier in the thread (posts #315 and #322), in case that helps.

I did see your post, From what I can gather a thorough de-greasing prior to bluing is the difference between a good and a bad job?

Yeah thinking that too, I might hold of on that till I fix a couple of issues. I may have fitted one of the springs incorrectly, the lever arm isn't pushing the cylinder around consistently.

I did see your post, From what I can gather a thorough de-greasing prior to bluing is the difference between a good and a bad job?

I wiped my Steyr parts down with metho, dried them and gave them a scrub with a Scotchbrite pad. The blue darkens the metal instantly but it took two or three applications to get the colour I wanted. De-greasing is everyone's recommendation and does make a difference. That said, some parts I was less careful with and one or two I blued *knowing* they had skin grease on them, to see what would happen. For the most part, no difference, the stuff was equally effective either way. Since the colour is formed chemically it either forms at all or doesn't. But once done, it doesn't come off easily even if there was a poor cleaning job first - unlike paint.

Yeah thinking that too, I might hold of on that till I fix a couple of issues. I may have fitted one of the springs incorrectly, the lever arm isn't pushing the cylinder around consistently.

Yeah. I'm gonna fret about the chance of a metal Bulldog frame, haha.

The two similar springs are arranged as the strong spring for the rear trigger, weaker one for the front. Be sure both were installed facing the right way, with their 'tails' coming out of the trigger and doing the right things. Ditto for the spring for the 'hand' (lever arm) of the rear trigger.

Is anyone else besides me (only slightly) disappointed in the color of the grips supplied with the Tomenosuke?

Does anybody plan to offer darker colored amber grips?

I wiped my Steyr parts down with metho, dried them and gave them a scrub with a Scotchbrite pad. The blue darkens the metal instantly but it took two or three applications to get the colour I wanted. De-greasing is everyone's recommendation and does make a difference. That said, some parts I was less careful with and one or two I blued *knowing* they had skin grease on them, to see what would happen. For the most part, no difference, the stuff was equally effective either way. Since the colour is formed chemically it either forms at all or doesn't. But once done, it doesn't come off easily even if there was a poor cleaning job first - unlike paint.

Yeah. I'm gonna fret about the chance of a metal Bulldog frame, haha.

The two similar springs are arranged as the strong spring for the rear trigger, weaker one for the front. Be sure both were installed facing the right way, with their 'tails' coming out of the trigger and doing the right things. Ditto for the spring for the 'hand' (lever arm) of the rear trigger.

Have you tried the tape test? stick a piece of scotch tape on it and see if it lifts the bluing.

Mine is put together but the metal backstrap has a hole in it with the another piece inside that looks like it should take a screw. Am I missing a part or is this supposed to be just a hole? Thanks,

Paul

Had this beauty together in a fun filled 3 hours, it is extremely well built and went together perfectly, however, I am left with the little "hand spring" which is numbered 37 on the exploded view in the instructions. I can't find any reference to it in the instructions so not sure where it lives. It's not easy to see from the exploded view how it fits. It seems to work perfectly well without it....is it essential? If so where does it go?

Last edited:
Mine is put together but the metal backstrap has a hole in it with the another piece inside that looks like it should take a screw. Am I missing a part or is this supposed to be just a hole? Thanks,

Paul

I wondered the same thing, but if you look at the pics of the screen used one in the back of the instructions, that hole is on there too and there doesn't seem to be a screw in it? I might be wrong but it looks that way.

Mine is still with the UK Border Agency!!! Got through to someone who told me that, they provided me with a number which I've been trying all day, and also that they were trying to determine what it is. I told them it was a model kit, they said no, what is it! When I said a blaster the conversation continued (obviously been opened). I have a very bad feeling I won't be getting mine!

The two similar springs are arranged as the strong spring for the rear trigger, weaker one for the front. Be sure both were installed facing the right way, with their 'tails' coming out of the trigger and doing the right things. Ditto for the spring for the 'hand' (lever arm) of the rear trigger.[/QUOTE]

I have the trigger springs in ok it's the lever arm, the rear facing side of the spring is seated wrong I think. It was late in the evening when I did it and I had no clue what it's function was when I put that part together :facepalm

Had this beauty together in a fun filled 3 hours, it is extremely well built and went together perfectly, however, I am left with the little "hand spring" which is numbered 37 on the exploded view in the instructions. I can't find any reference to it in the instructions so not sure where it lives. It's not easy to see from the exploded view how it fits. It seems to work perfectly well without it....is it essential? If so where does it go?

That spring is pushes the lever arm that rotates the cylinder when you pull the trigger loading the next round for firing. That's the one I have to adjust on my gun. Look at the exploded diagram on page two of booklet, then look at instruction 5. fit the spring so the arm is tensioned forwards on the trigger.

I have the trigger springs in ok it's the lever arm, the rear facing side of the spring is seated wrong I think. It was late in the evening when I did it and I had no clue what it's function was when I put that part together :facepalm[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i have the two trigger springs in correctly, they were straight forward, but i have no clue about the hand spring? No mention of it at all in the instructions. I guessed it must be part of the trigger assembly but not sure where.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back