Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

A water based color would just "pearl" on the surface unless you got the mix percetly blended so that it would effectively dry as soon as it hit the grip- something laquer-based would be better. There is nothing for it to grip onto. You can usually create a transparent-like coat by just mixing a solid color with some clear, but in some instances the pigment with be too "rough". (I've done a lot of experimenting with creating gold and gunmetal tones, haha.) Black/brown would create a "muddy" look instead of deepening the color of the grips.

Tamiya dries fast so a few light coats should adhere well and build up the color. I want to see someone polish them up like glass first with novis polish.
If anyone has some red acetate they could place behind the grips, that'd answer our question really fast as to how they might look.

Ok got my kit yesterday, but customs opened it.

Just have to go over the parts list now and make sure they didn't lose anything.

Clutch, why not just use the red acetate instead of painting? Might work.

Finally got my kits today! I wasn't around to sign for them, so the Postal service said they sent them back to Japan. My wife scoured the local Post Office and found them sitting there. They'd been there for 10 days!

Can't wait to get to work on them... some day two months from now.

Thank you Mune!

David

I got extremely lucky over the weekend. I had no idea when the BR Gun would arrive, so I gave them my work/office address for delivery. It arrived Saturday morning.

The gun made it all the way to my state and city, and to the post office station near my house (I happen to live less than two miles from my office). There was no delivery address on the box!!! Even though I had put in my office address for delivery. Ugh.

My mail carrier happened to be walking by when they were discussing what to do with the box and he recognized my name. He chimed in and said "that's my customer!" I got EXTREMELY lucky because I've only been living in my new house and new home address for about a month!!! I live in a city with almost 400,000 people so I feel like I lucked out pretty well.

Now I'm just waiting to watch some assembly videos and figure out what parts to paint, which ones to blue, and maybe get the steel barrel upgrade.

Mine showed up today. It's awesome! Even though I will be taking it apart again to do the finish work, I had to put it together. It went totally smooth. Every thing functions as it should. Had an extra screw when I was done, but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. It's the same as the tiny screw that holds the safety switch on to the Steyr receiver. The only thing that I don't like is that the cylinder is kind of difficult to swing out, but that's not that big a deal.

Anyway, here's a couple quick pics:

Oh yeah, I didn't put the green LEDs in yet, as I didn't want them to fall out and I'm not ready to permanently attach them.

DS Operative, that's scary. Damn lucky.

DBoz, you can pop in the green LEDs fairly safely. Mine aren't fixed yet either but they are not a loose fit and seem safe enough.

Is the extra screw the one which holds the rear mount of the trigger guard in place? It's also fixed by a pin, but there should be a small (M2 IIRC) screw there also.

Everyone keep posting pics. Can't get enough. :)

These pics look great! DBoz, your pics and post have tipped me over the edge, so I finally pulled the trigger and sent my payment for this kit. Really looking forward to getting it now!

Kind regards,
Craig

These pics look great! DBoz, your pics and post have tipped me over the edge, so I finally pulled the trigger and sent my payment for this kit. Really looking forward to getting it now!

Kind regards,
Craig

Congrats! You won't regret it. This thing is absolutely amazing. Feels very solid. The metal is not too soft. The sight rod is machined, not cast. Everything functions as it should (cylinder release works, cylinder turns and hammer cocks and drops when you pull the trigger, trigger resets) The red LEDs fade on when you turn them on. It's pretty damn cool. The plastic frame and barrel actually don't even bother me. They are cold cast, so you can give them a bit of a metallic sheen with some light steel wool work. I am, however going to get one of DaveG's steel barrels.

The only thing I haven't decided on is whether I want to try to wire up the green LEDs or just leave them. I know there was the wire on the World Con, but I never liked the look. I also know that they were never lit in the movie, so I'm leaning towards not.

Mine is en route so hopefully I will get it in a day or so. BTW doesn't the tracking tell you when it arrives at your local post office ?

Carl

Congrats! You won't regret it. This thing is absolutely amazing. Feels very solid. The metal is not too soft.

I've found mine has developed a very slight wobble between the Bulldog frame and the grip frame. I have had it apart a couple of times though. Next time I'll Loctite the pin.

It is incredible though. I had a friend over last night and he couldn't stop playing with it. :lol

DBoz - de nada, glad that helped. :)

I'm hoping to see somebody offer a nice custom display stand and custom plaque for this prop soon. Does anybody have anything in the works that I should be watching the junkyard for?

OK call me lazy...... "LAZY!:lol so where are the kits available from? I have plowed through most of the thread, but found zippo. I may have missed it. My friend has a completed one, but for the price, I'd like to go "kit".

Yes, I offer a custom stand. Soon as I get the steel barrels done ill be making another batch

That's some good news, thought these had been sold out.
Unfortunately I'm UK based so am watching whether these are going to get through customs- any news from anyone over here?
Really hope HM can see these props for what they are and let them in!

I received confirmation of payment and tracking info within 2 hours of sending my payment. Mune is certainly on top of it! On Sunday, I had received an e-mail reminder to remit payment by May 31, otherwise the spot for the Blaster with police conversion kit would be offered to those on the waiting list. So some of these kits might become available in the next day or two to those who've requested one.

Kind regards,
Craig

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back