Split Second Props

Oh, sorry. I didn't make it clear, the gun I posted a photo if is a blank/flare pistol too. I just don't know anyone in the states who imports that model for sale. If you follow the link, all the guns on those pages are blank/flare/tear gas firers. Not real handguns.

Thats kinda what I was thinking but about the shotgun. I could totally production building off the BE Cobra for a long gun.

Also, just thinking out loud, I wonder if any other parts from the Brass Eagle Cobra pump may have found their way onto that baby cannon.

Hmmm, that would be a tosser. When all else fails send them an e-mail asking if they can ship to the states legally?

Thats kinda what I was thinking but about the shotgun. I could totally production building off the BE Cobra for a long gun.

Sure, I would not be surprised at all to find out the shotgun was built from paintball markers. There are many, many pump style paintball guns from the 1980's and 90's that basically just tubes with grips on them, and they would probably have made excellent barrels for the rotary shotgun.

Hmmm, that would be a tosser. When all else fails send them an e-mail asking if they can ship to the states legally?

Good idea, I'll do that! Thanks.

Got the paintball marker in today, and I think there is a chance the barrel from this was used on the shotguns. Not sure, have to see some better shots of it. But the barrel has several more grooves in it under the pump grip, and it's threaded into the second part of the gun, where the grip is.

Two scenes in which I think you might be able to get a somewhat clear screen shot, the beginning when he throws the shotgun over his shoulder up to when he throws it into the back of the jeep, also in the arms room, I believe the shotgun is hanging above the ARWEN, I'll have to boot up the movie again to see.

I've got outline of the gun on the bloody bath room floor I'll post when I get home

Last edited:
You know, I was thinking about the rotary shotgun, not that one, and come to think of it, was the rotary gun ever called a shotgun? I think I just assumed that all these years.

THAT one, however, reminds me of the old pellet rifles, the thunderbolt (used in spacehunter), or the SS-4 or SS-5 models. It's the stock mostly that makes me think of those, but I'd bet that thing is built entirely from paintball guns.

Yes, I rewatched the scene, the armorer called it an assault shotgun. It's the flash grenade name I still have a problem understanding, did he say megatron or metatron flash grenade?

Hmm doesn't look familiar to me but it looks like the baby cannon type under barrel box is on top of the gun.

Took a few shots of the paintball gun today after taking it apart:

cobra1.jpg

And here are some shots of the sight:

sight3.jpg

sight2.jpg

sight1.jpg

Looks like they drilled through the center, and added a socket cap screw to secure it to the top strap of the revolver.

I don't think this would be terribly hard to cast in resin, but I'm going to ask a few friends who are better at making molds than I am first. :)

And yeah, I thought the same thing about the barrel box. Looks the same, doesn't it?

Hmm doesn't look familiar to me but it looks like the baby cannon type under barrel box is on top of the gun.

I think so as well.

Took a few shots of the paintball gun today after taking it apart:

cobra1.jpg

The hand pump on it looks very familiar to me though I can't place it at the moment

And here are some shots of the sight:

sight3.jpg

sight2.jpg

sight1.jpg

Looks like they drilled through the center, and added a socket cap screw to secure it to the top strap of the revolver.

I don't think this would be terribly hard to cast in resin, but I'm going to ask a few friends who are better at making molds than I am first. :)

And yeah, I thought the same thing about the barrel box. Looks the same, doesn't it?
I don't know that much about molding and casting, but I t LOOKS like it should be easy to do. Now whether that it true or not :confused

I don't mind doing a few castings, I'm still learning how to do that stuff, so something like this would be for fun. I'd just share them, if I do them.

That red spot on the sight, by the way, I'm pretty sure that was added. I think it's nail polish. Also, the site I have is apparently missing the reticle. The threads on the back part are for some other piece. You can see it in the promotional shot of Rutger holding the baby cannon. This one:

12029_6.jpg

Yes you are correct. My sight has no red paint on it and did come with a screw on eye piece. Bad news I had bought a demilled RG and the seller neglected to tell me that he cut the front of the revolver frame off to demill it instead of plugging the barrel and keeping it intact. His photos were deceiving showing it dissasembled and then in a holster. Oh well, live and learn. I'm thinking about sculpting the missing portion of the frame and still using it. I'll post photos when I can to collect some ideas. Also the sight doesnt fit on top of the RG31 well.

edit. I noticed the picture above it looks like its just resting on top with a screw in the middle.

Last edited:
OUCH. As a gun owner and someone who really enjoys firearms, I always shed a tear when I see one chopped up. If you want any help with that, let me know. Be happy to pitch in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back