You'll shoot your eye out - My everyday display of A Christmas Story Props

Man, you have out done yourself with this collection! Truly fantastic. (I especially like the radio.) Keep up the good work! :cheers

I'm still playing with knobs, to replicate the look of the screen used prop. Shame is... they aren't all westinghouse knobs, so playing hit and miss. Guess I'm going to have a ton of bakelite knobs to ebay once I've to the set figured out. Thanks again!!

You also don't want to know how much that radio cost to get. Its cheap if you are a canadian. If you live in the USA NOT along the border (drive to get it), you'll probably be 4 figs in aquiring it.

I can't believe that this movie still wasn't release here...
Buy a region 1 blu-ray player and pick it up. I GAVE my neighbor a copy. He's Vietnamese and asked about my leg lamp in the front window. I gave him the movie and told him it is Christmas Americana distilled.

Buy a region 1 blu-ray player and pick it up. I GAVE my neighbor a copy. He's Vietnamese and asked about my leg lamp in the front window. I gave him the movie and told him it is Christmas Americana distilled.

I have a codefree player... I have seen the movie in german when I was younger, of course I could buy a Code 1 DVD, but that's no the same...

Hopefully one day the movie comes in german...

Outside of the knit hats (Ralphie and Schwartz), and Flick's bomber helmet, I'm running out of items from the movie to get. Some of the tin toys from higbee's are out there, but they can get pricey, and aren't readily identifiable to the average viewer.

The Ralphie bust looks great!! Regarding the old radio, it's a Westinghouse 780x from Canada. I know of one that's for sale and have informed the people at The Christmas Story House. I'm sure they would prefer to have a screen accurate radio for their display.

How did I miss these updates...

That bust is great (albiet creepy as a decapitated Ralphie).

Yep, that's the model of radio. I can't BELIEVE the ACS house hasn't got one yet.

Did you see they added a replica of Randy's dinner bib in the Christmas Story House gift shop? It's pretty cool and would be neat on your shelf. "MOMMY's LITTLE PIGGIE" :lol

Your collection is awesome. The radio and zeppelin are just plain magnificent.

I have the leg lamp from the Museum. I can agree it's one of the best ones out there, but the lace at the top of the stocking is completely wrong. The fishnet pattern is also completely wrong. The shade is not quite the right shape either.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I love the thing, I just wish it was more screen accurate.

I also bought Randy's hat from them. It's a great hat that I wear during most of the winter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back