Johnny Depp / Jack Sparrow Bust WIP - NEW PICS

Gotta say love your work man! I know I'm a bit late on this question but just wanted to ask one thing. what is it that you use for the eyes when your sculpting?

Thanks so much guys, I'm truly grateful for the support.

Fiendishwizard- I use eye blanks which are resin half spheres to sculpt around. They are 27mm in diameter, I believe. For this one, I used spheres with a bit of retinal bulge.
I used to use small glass christmas ball ornaments, but the chrome was a bit too distracting as the sculpt progresses, so I make the resin ones now.

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I started the Jack bust. Been tied up with a little Project called Batman :D

Started working on this again and I've decided to do something different and cost effective. Since he's going in my bar I figured this would be fitting. Got the idea on a recent trip to Disney.
View attachment 137547

I hope Ely doesn't mind but here is his finished product.

View attachment 137548

It took Ely (Vash) approx. 3 months to create this beauty. I was going for a very specific look that could be used with multiple Depp characters. Next up is the "Concept" Jack Sparrow.

Reel

It's pretty cool how much it looked like Depp from the very first picture. I am always amazed at how talented the sculptors on this site are.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back