Stormtrooper pepakura - TERRA RETURNS! WITH PICS!

Re: Stormtrooper pepakura

how'd you do the teeth mate? shaped putty?

I ended up chopping mine out so any pointers will be appreciated!

used the milliput to fill in the areas id sawn out (seen in previous photo post), with a bit extra so i could sand it down to shape, did the top lip of the frown one day and sanded it perfect, then yest did the same to the bottom lip, the teeth had to be hand shaped with a file and sandpaper individually and glued them in place. id made them a few days ago.

lots of work but i couldn't figure out any other way of doing it cleanly, spent the last 3 days doing that darn frown.

thanks lando, ended up going for the 9 tooth, 8 hole frown.

how's your scout bucket coming along? last photo upload looked good! size looks spot on.

My stormtrooper inspiration thread, such a fine build. I am currently building one, still in the pep assembly stage. Thanks terra1 for a quality build.

My stormtrooper inspiration thread, such a fine build. I am currently building one, still in the pep assembly stage. Thanks terra1 for a quality build.

what a compliment! many thanks mate hope to see an upload if you plan on sharing your progress.

^^^^^^
This is definitely inspirational.
Great looking build.

again many thanks for the kind words, they defiantly inspire me to push on and progress too!

i've got to give a shout out CKCKPanton! BigBobbySaunders aka:T-REX! Stergy! LittleJoeJoeWhiskers! G.I.Jon! and BigHendo!

over the past few days i got the indents in place, like the frown i had many attempts at these and many failures, think they have turned out alright now, still need some sanding and filling but on the right track.

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the shout out!
I'm loving the bathroom-tile-camo-colour scheme direction you're bucket has taken!
Great build!

Come on you ol' scrubber!!! Get some paint on it!!!:lol
How's life treating you?
The frown looks awesome by the way!

Come on you ol' scrubber!!! Get some paint on it!!!:lol
How's life treating you?
The frown looks awesome by the way!

:lol

i'm re-priming 2mro to unify it again, just filled in the back of the frown vent and doing the eyes 2night, another good "scrubber" session 2mro morning and prime at tea time.

i'd say its still covered in deep scratches and chips so i imagine it will be at least a week before its mold worthy

Have you decided HOW you are going to mould it yet? I'd be well interested to see that and learn the process. Hell! I might even buy one off of you as your build is a lot better than mine!

Have you decided HOW you are going to mould it yet? I'd be well interested to see that and learn the process. Hell! I might even buy one off of you as your build is a lot better than mine!

i planned to do a 1 piece "rebound 25" silicone mould with a 2 piece "plasti paste" jacket, i'm not 100% sure if the silicone will stretch enough to pull the bucket out the mould at the opening, i've looked into it yet thats way in the future.

best to get the master as perfect as can be and il deal with the next step later.

... but yeah il be interested to see and learn the process too! :lol

without underestimating the skill and art from of mould making il say... its not rocket science so it cant be that hard (famous last words)

even if i fail at the mould stage i believe in my life moto... "you have to be wrong before you can be right." its all learning/experience and thats a good thing.

just read all through your thread, build just kept on getting better and better, once i read the bit about hacking it up i almost didnt want to scroll down, it wasn't a pretty site.
i couldn't of done that cause i couldn't see how i could have fix it but you brought it back and made it look even better.
unbelievable building, looks incredible.
can't wait for the next installment, look forward.

i planned to do a 1 piece "rebound 25" silicone mould with a 2 piece "plasti paste" jacket, i'm not 100% sure if the silicone will stretch enough to pull the bucket out the mould at the opening, i've looked into it yet thats way in the future.

best to get the master as perfect as can be and il deal with the next step later.

... but yeah il be interested to see and learn the process too! :lol

without underestimating the skill and art from of mould making il say... its not rocket science so it cant be that hard (famous last words)

even if i fail at the mould stage i believe in my life moto... "you have to be wrong before you can be right." its all learning/experience and thats a good thing.
Looking good, I might buy one from you, cant wait to see the finished product.

rosskow after 3 failed attempts on the frown i loved hacking into it! the method i was attempting was obviously not supposed to be so i cut out a clean opening to try something different. (check out some milliput its great stuff and very versatile. i used it throughout this build)

Lando thanks mate, i really wanna get the master finished soon to get onto the moulding/casting stage.

SpaceCowboy thanks man! i'm glad you like it :eek:)

Hi y'all,

This is just an incredible thread... SPACECOWBOY, thank you for making the models available--and TERRA1, for the wonderful step-by-step. You make it look easy.

One technical question, will Aves apoxie work the same as Milliput? Apologies if this question has been answered already. Do you need to add scoring to the surface to ensure better adhesion??

Again, what a wonderful build. Love seeing such great work.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back