The Walking Dead Season 2 Trailer

Really? Did you guys never do that experiment in high school biology where you hooked a dead frog up to electrodes to see it move? The nervous system can still conduct electricity after the organism is dead.

To me, the idea of an organism invading and utilizing the central nervous system to move itself around in a dead body is no more or less likely than 'god did it'.

I'm no scientist, but I did say an organism that could manipulate all body parts...but the nervous system runs through our spinal cords so a broken neck would impede certain functions, if not all of them...
Do the math, it's science.

Really? Did you guys never do that experiment in high school biology where you hooked a dead frog up to electrodes to see it move? The nervous system can still conduct electricity after the organism is dead.

The difference between an electrical current causing muscles to contract and something that manages to cause a body to get up, which requires dozens of muscles working in tandem, requires a sense of balance so it doesn't fall on it's ass, a sensory system so it knows what is around it, and then provides a drive to make that animated body seek to kill and consume living could only be supernatural.

Listen, I LOVE zombie flicks. They're practically my staple. I even have my own Bug Out Bag and plans for the upcoming zombie apocalypse because it's an excellent exercise in disaster management.

BUT, I recognize the concept of zombies is absolutely totally unscientific and could never happen without a supernatural source. And I don't really believe in the supernatural. It just can't happen.

I love fiction. I love that we can see and do the impossible. Explore worlds and creatures that don't exist. Stretching the limits of our imagination.

Sometimes a little of the creative license bringing something into our world that is mysterious and unexplainable is cool. That being said thus far I am very happy with this show.

I've read all of the last post ... and no one has seen Shane on the school bus cut his hand with his knife and stab a zombie into the head and splat some blood on the bus door to lure the zombies closer ... but the zombie blood could have infected him no ? and when Shane saw the handcuff plaid on Randall wrists, maybe he did try to contaminated him ...

If it took for someone minutes and others hours to turn into zombie ... maybe Shane knew he was contaminated and saw ( by his dementia ) that he would turn into a walker ... but couldn't end his life himself and put it all on Rick shoulders .

I've read all of the last post ... and no one has seen Shane on the school bus cut his hand with his knife and stab a zombie into the head and splat some blood on the bus door to lure the zombies closer ... but the zombie blood could have infected him no ? and when Shane saw the handcuff plaid on Randall wrists, maybe he did try to contaminated him ...

If it took for someone minutes and others hours to turn into zombie ... maybe Shane knew he was contaminated and saw ( by his dementia ) that he would turn into a walker ... but couldn't end his life himself and put it all on Rick shoulders .

Randall had no recent injuries, except for his broken neck. Daryl was VERY clear on that.

That's something I'm amazed that any writer is so STUPID to put into a TV show or movie. The badass **** of someone who pulls a knife out and cuts themselves, not just a little knick, but DEEP to draw blood for one reason or another. NO ONE DOES THAT. People do not willingly cut themselves open like that unless they have serious psychological issues.

And the way they do that in this show when they've got rotting corpses stumbling around that are breeding grounds for any number of bacterial colonies and maggots and whatever else is just ridiculous.

And no, Shane wanted to kill Rick because Rick is the alpha and Shane wanted to go back to screwing his wife.

Randall had no recent injuries, except for his broken neck. Daryl was VERY clear on that.

And again, I know they've swayed from the comic, but must I reiterate Herschel's daughters and Tyrese. Herschel's twin daughters were raped and murdered then decapitated by a psychopath in the prison. Then their heads came back. They had NO contact with zombie blood/saliva. Also Tyrese; the Governor chopped his head off. His head came back to life.

You realize that all those things are still alive while the parasite acts on them, right?
alive or dead doesnt matter. lots of zombie movies where the zombies arent actually dead but some kind of virus that blocks all but mayor brain functions. if someone would try to eat me, i wouldnt ask if hes alive or dead, id either run or kill him

actually its even worse. with the dead thing, you know they need to die to become a zombie

alive, maybe you wont even know that someone is infected until its too late

True zombie aficionados would say if they aren't dead, they aren't zombies. They're just the 'rage virus' humans ala "28 Days Later"

But we had a whole episode at the CDC with an MRI or whatever that was supposed to be showing, yup, they're dead. Then they come back and kill. None of these fungal or worm parasites function in a dead host, they only work in living hosts as parasites and influence behavior. Trust me, I've dug into those stories myself, and while it's pretty bizarre stuff, none of it comes close to the reanimation of dead tissue.

Awww you guys....the day we find out what causes the virus is the day the show becomes...Pointless.
Hearing about decapitated bodies has sparked my interest in the comic. Is there a huge edition available for catch up?

Awww you guys....the day we find out what causes the virus is the day the show becomes...Pointless.
Hearing about decapitated bodies has sparked my interest in the comic. Is there a huge edition available for catch up?

Several actually. You can get collected ones that have liked a half dozen issues in one collection, or a huge mega collection that has like 36 in one. Check out the comic shops in your area or eBay or Amazon may have better pricing. It's good stuff, much better writing and pacing than they've done with the show, sadly.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back