The Walking Dead Season 2 Trailer

First fifteen minutes were fantastic. The second half was a little chatty. And Rick having a conversation with God?: "Dear Lord, even though I'm well aware that time is critical and we have a missing girl who could get eaten at any moment, I just wanted to take a break and ask for a sign that I'm not ****in' up." It's stuff like that that drives me nuts sometimes. But over all it's a pretty good show. I'll be watching!

First fifteen minutes were fantastic. The second half was a little chatty. And Rick having a conversation with God?: "Dear Lord, even though I'm well aware that time is critical and we have a missing girl who could get eaten at any moment, I just wanted to take a break and ask for a sign that I'm not ****in' up." It's stuff like that that drives me nuts sometimes. But over all it's a pretty good show. I'll be watching!

It's called realistic. People do that.

Overall I loved the episode! When they got to the scene with the deer, it took me a little bit before it clicked and I went 'ah ha! This part of the comic coming up!' I wasn't concerned about this episode. I'm not so sure about the future episodes though. It was when this episode was wrapped up that Darabont was fired. If future episodes don't show zombies and we just hear them, or half the episodes are just shot indoors, and crap like that then I'll be worried.

They're certainly not pulling any punches so far. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season!

At the end of the episode, my jaw dropped and I was all "OH MY GOD!"

The second they stopped the convoy, the first thing I thought was "Why do I have a feeling they are going to spend the entire episode stuck in traffic?".

You know what I don't get about the universe they've created with this show: when Rick and the others start hacking up zombies/digging through stomach's, etc. - they get zombie blood ALL OVER THEM. Andrea even had it on her lips when she nailed that one sucker through the head in the Winnebago. So, I mean, what actually infects you? Saliva? A bite? If I were in that world, Zombie blood is the last thing I'd want touching my skin...

Thats bugged me too Willie, combined with the over the top squish noises. Ill be honest, I fell asleep and missed half of it. But looks like its back on. Regardless of the comic, it makes no sense to drive a 9mpg motorhome that does nothing but break down. Kill Dale and get on with it.

the episode was good but it did have a few flaws....

I'm kinda surprised T Dogg didnt bleed to death. It looked like he sliced open his arm and cut the nerve. I doubt electrical tape and a pad could stop that bleeding.....

the show dragged in a few areas and disappointed the whole episode was them looking for the little girl and staying in that one area.......

plus, soooo many commercial breaks.....

Yeah, the amount of commercial breaks got annoying real fast. Overall, I think this was a great season opener. While it did have its slower moments, I think the show has a proportionate amount of story development, action, drama, dialogue.

I'm happy with it and can't wait for next week.

I liked the episode, there was a slow moment or two, but I was ok. I haven't read the comic, but I do know of a few changes they made. Such as, Darryl not being a character from the comic, I am really liking how Darryl's character is developing.

I wanted to watch the thing following the show about questions to the director. But, I fell asleep and figured oh well.

It's called realistic. People do that.

I know right? I can't believe some of the complaints I heard last season about being "realistic". Such as when they got to the CDC, and Rick was pleading for them to get in. Someone was saying "that wasn't like Rick at all, he is supposed to be a tough guy, blah blah blah", and everyone else was explaining, it is what a person would do, be human and realistic. Being a tough guy doesn't mean you can't show emotion.

ShadowX81 said:
The second they stopped the convoy, the first thing I thought was "Why do I have a feeling they are going to spend the entire episode stuck in traffic?".

To be fair, they weren't exactly stuck in traffic. He did make note that he had the problem fixed earlier, and he was buying time. Had the hose not blown, I guarantee they wouldn't of stayed stuck. But, it also helped, because it gave them a chance to make the fix on that hose a lot better than just duct tape, as well as gathering supplies.

alienscollection.com said:
they get zombie blood ALL OVER THEM

That confused me too. It is obvious that bites do it, but, they might be going with the idea that if it doesn't enter the bloodstream, you don't get infected.

Yeah, the amount of commercial breaks got annoying real fast.

The commercials weren't too bad at the start. I think the show ran about 25 minutes before the first commercial break. But, after we got to the hour mark, the commercials started coming in the most random times. I think the first one, after the hour, was only 5 minutes of show.

Why are they in a crap motor home that keeps breaking down? They're just outside a major city. Why don't they just get a brand new one? Hell, why don't they have a convoy of motor homes except for outriders?

Also what's that annoying insect noise all the time?

Why don't they all have walkie talkies? It's only been a few months, not decades. Equipment should be easy to get.

umm... bunnies! (wanted to end on a positive)

To be fair, they weren't exactly stuck in traffic. He did make note that he had the problem fixed earlier, and he was buying time. Had the hose not blown, I guarantee they wouldn't of stayed stuck. But, it also helped, because it gave them a chance to make the fix on that hose a lot better than just duct tape, as well as gathering supplies.

Yea, but sometimes I get the feeling that there isnt all that much potential for long term stories here, and the writers know it so they stall for time. Like when they deliberatly had Rick go out of his way to not tell the audience what Jenner told him last season just so it could be stretched out another episode.
Sure the characters are really well written and it is entertaining seeing them develop, but there really isn't all that much story for them to work with (a constant cycle of characters go here, think they are safe, discover place isnt what they thought, run away as zombies overtake it), so plotlines that could be done in 10 minutes are stretched out to take an hour.

Why are they in a crap motor home that keeps breaking down? They're just outside a major city. Why don't they just get a brand new one? Hell, why don't they have a convoy of motor homes except for outriders?

If you actually remember last season, the RV was already having problems because of the radiator hose needed a replacement. In fact, the reason why the group who went back to Atlanta for Merl and the guns got the bolt cutter was not just because the owner of the RV wanted a gun for himself, but the fact that the offer was extended to taking parts from the box truck to repair the RV. This was re-iterated on in a scene in a later episode, in which the truck's radiator hose blew out {again} on the way to the CDC. In that episode, the radiator hose was "jurry rigged" again and the issue had not been fully resolved. However, breaking down on the highway did provide them a better opportunity of finding another box truck or even another RV and raiding the engine to get a possible replacement.

The reason why the old motor home is in use is more of something in relation to the character of Dale. You see, in the comics, it was explained that Dale and his wife Erma (it's splet Irma in the show) had been on the road in that RV enjoying their retirement at the time that outbreak occurs. By the way the RV looks in both the comic and the show, it was something that Dale had for a long time before him and Erma/Irma hit the road. I bet there were a lot of other trips him and Erma/Irma went on in that RV, a lot of good times of having fun and visiting memorable places (like how certain items in your life have significance to you). After losing his wife, the RV is the only thing he has left of her, much like how Andrea's gun is the last thing she has of her father, how Rick's hat is the last thing he has of his former job, the pictures and photo albums that Lori took with her when leaving the house (the photo albums she still has). They are relics of a previous life that are gone due to the zombie outbreak. If you had one thing left in the entire world, you wouldn't give it up. That's why they continue to use the old RV, because for Dale, it is the last thing he has of his previous life, even more so last thing he shared experiences with his wife before she died. This has turned up in other stories I've seen, another example being the movie Zombieland (through a deleted scene, we find out Columbus' double barrel shotgun belonged to his grandfather). The same is true in real life situations as well.

I hope that helps you in understanding why they just don't do away with the old RV.

Last edited:
You would think that they would grab a few of the hummers that they saw all over by the CDC.

Anyone know if Norman Reedus is a regular now? I noticed his name is in the opening credits now and not under, "Guest Star." Easily one of my favorite characters.

You would think that they would grab a few of the hummers that they saw all over by the CDC.

What's to say that the keys are in the ignition switches to those Humvees? Even better question: what's to say that they still have fuel in them? Those are the drawbacks of finding any vehicle in such a scenario. The one that Shane fixed up in last night's episode, we don't know how much fuel is left in the tank. Not to mention, a vehicle sitting for about a month you have to be careful with, as you don't know if there's still enough juice in the battery to start it up or if the gas is still good (that's why when a car is put in storage, most people drain the gas and oil out of them, so that it doesn't mess up the car after sitting in a location for a prolong time).

Am I the only one ticked that Shane is still alive?

...this move has me contemplating not watching the show. I generally am Okay with changing aspects between different media (as long as you keep the 'heart' of it intact)... but, I think not having Carl behind Shane's death cheapens the show a bit.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back