Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Thanks Brian! Here's something I (literally) dreamt up, it's a Stark Sidearm. If Tony Stark needed to carry a gun, this would be it. This is very WIP, just an idea and some paint atm. But I'm wiring LEDs inside to shine out the 3D printed arc reactor on the front...

PS - how do I post pics in the message? I'm just putting them in under "manage attachements" for now

Nice job! That kind of project is my favorite! :) I personally use Photobucket, but as it was stated before, there are a lot of hosts for photos and they give direct links to copy into your HTML version of the post. I hope that helps more than it confuses, lol

Finally a few new photos to post! Hodge-podge warning! lol

The latest N7 Stampede - almost done in this shot, but it was the last sunny day I had to take photos before it shipped :)
IMG_8892.jpg

Here's an indoor "Finished" Photo
IMG_8898.jpg

My First Public outing. Cut me some slack on the B&W Poster :)
IMG_8881.jpg

The best helper I could ask for...and R2D2 ;)
IMG_8886.jpg

My Friends Jason and Dawn next door at the show. They do some awesome stuff - especially Ghost Busters :) Fireblade Comics.com
IMG_8883.jpg

There's more stuff coming that I can actually show you guys, promise. Thanks again to everyone else contributing, we're at almost 200k views, guys! Thank you for all the support!

Regards
Brian

Here's some photos of stuff I'm working on this week. What do you guys have in the works? Be sure to share 'em when you can :)

Steampunk Gatling gun progress
IMG_8948.jpg

4 new nerf builds. The PR was built for me by Christoper Glas at Hypercats.net. We may have a kit evenutally
IMG_8956.jpg

More progress on the Pulse Rifle
PulseRifleStampedeProgress.jpg

Mass Effect inspired Rayven
N7Rayven.jpg

A hose re-fit for this one. I think it fits the theme better :)
IMG_8951.jpg

Rushed Chainsaw prop - This one will get more work soon for a Lolipop Chainsaw kinda vibe
chainsaw.jpg

Thanks for checking them out, I'll have 'em finished up soon!

Brian

Fantastic work everyone.

JA - Amazing work as always. I almost couldn't recognize the Rayven. It's incredible how much the look of the blaster changes when a barrel is added. And for some reason I just love the way you do the red Stampedes.

Mara Jade's Father - Great work on the Rebel blaster. The weathering is well done. It really finishes up the look nicely.

rgriesbeck - Great stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Hey all! Tomorrow marks the end of my week off and I'll have some more stuff photographed tomorrow.

I'm also looking forward to seeing more progress photos of the projects I saw posted recently. Don't leave me hanging! heh

There's a few final photos of projects that wrapped up earlier in the week. More to come soon :)

Solid Resin Trigun Longcolt. It was a 3-piece kit, but I built it closed and fixed to make it stonger for handling. I didn't see any real benefit to have it crack open anywas, hehe. Still looked rad when it shipped!
IMG_8961.jpg

Steampunk Gatling gun using an AirZone foam dart gun
IMG_8971.jpg

1/2 Functional Nerf Stampede Pulse Rifle at 99%
IMG_8994.jpg

Different angle!
IMG_8997.jpg

I was asked to get the same finish as an 1800's Colt revolver. There's not much color variation, but it's definitely flashy!
IMG_9008.jpg

Thanks for checking em out!

I second that, the Stampede PR is truly awesome, both the build and your paint job. :thumbsup

Roughneckone :cool

JA, that PR is just AWESOME!!!

Thanks guys, I definitely don't want to take credit for Chris Glas's hard work on building the shell. I will say thanks for the paintjob, though hehe

Hopefully there will be more of the uber-builds. I'm slowing building a group of builders who can help fill some of those commissions. I'm also looking for anyone who has or makes high-quality resin kits :)

Here's something I had in the works for a while (laziness kept me from finishing it...). A TRON Legacy themed Sharp Shot

TL-tron_sharp_shot1.jpg

TL-tron_sharp_shot2.jpg

TL-tron_sharp_shot3.jpg

TL-tron_sharp_shot4.jpg

I did a test of painting the "number" and "target" patterns on one of my regular "gaming" guns (done by hand with a brush), but I didn't like the results (short of having to bust out an airbrush, masking, etc.). I used Krylon satin black and the ultra-flat black for the two-tone (inspired by the patterns on the Tron Legacy discs). I only went with the orange because it matched pretty well with the original plastic color (the details looked good with the white base-coat, but I decided to finish it up and have it all match - I even have orange darts...)

*Update: I added a few shots using artificial lighting (the originals were under indirect natural lighting).

Last edited:
Here are a few of the Vortex blasters I have been working on;

TL-praxis_beater.jpg

TL-gf_vigilon.jpg

wip-proton_magnum1.jpg

wip-proton_magnum2.jpg

The Praxis was just an experiment, the white Vigilon was done for my girlfriend, and the Proton is still a work in progress (I mounted a Praxis magazine to the top so I could easily carry some ammo for it during a game)

Here's my first Nerf mod, an Element. I removed the plunger and covered up the holes in the front as I don't intend to shoot it. I've been doing mostly Star Wars blasters up until now, and inspired by this thread and the amazing work I've seen here decided to give Nerfs a go. Hope you like it.

So for these repaints do you take apart the entire gun? I have never modded ANYTHING before but I really want to take a shot at this. I have a Firefly Rev-8 and a Green lanters disc shooting thing I got for free so I think it will be fun.

I am assuming I should disassemble, sand all plastic and use the Krylon flat in light layers. I will be masking areas I don't want painted.

Has there been a tutorial or tip list I don't see? thanks in advance

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back