Coolest looking “gun” props in cinema history

Having grown up in a houseful of guns, and shooting all of them regularly (weren't many people around) it's the "real world" guns that you can own and shoot that look coolest to me.

Possibly my favourite (and I'm not alone) is the .44 Auto Mag which was invented and made in Pasadena California for a brief time, in the 1970s.

They're hard to find and expensive, but a friend has three of them, which he picked up relatively cheaply at Pawn Shops who didn't know what they had.

So I've had the opportunity to fire this amazing pistol. It's hard on the hand due to the violent recoil, really too powerful a round to make for a practical handgun. But it looks so cool on film!

I was going to say it was in Death Wish as well however I checked and it was the Wildey Hunter in 3.
My current favorite real gun is the Smith & Wesson Model 500 from John Wick 4.
That said also really like the Heckler & Koch USP Match from Lara Croft.

Well there’s my currant project.
IMG_0920.jpeg
IMG_0919.jpeg

blades modified M11 is neat.... foxes 1911 from wanted is also pretty cool.... i guess we have to mention robocops original auto 9. and what about axel foley with the annihilator 3000 from Beverley hills cop 3?

Last edited:
I was going to say it was in Death Wish as well however I checked and it was the Wildey Hunter in 3.
My current favorite real gun is the Smith & Wesson Model 500 from John Wick 4.
That said also really like the Heckler & Koch USP Match from Lara Croft.
USP, a beautiful extension to the human hand

For real guns, I have always loved the look of a good ol' fashioned round-magazine Tommy Gun...!
From pretty much any gangster movie...
gangsters-firing-tommy-guns.jpg

And, speaking of gangsters, don't forget Danny Vermin's '.88 Magnum' from Johnny Dangerously...
They probably wouldn't include the line 'It shoots through schools' these days... :oops:
JohnnyDangerously-88Mag01.jpg

Almost too bad they didn't try to make a fake gun that was sized for an '.88 magnum' round. :) :)

View attachment 1806593
View attachment 1806594
For me, I'm old school... M1911 .45 ACP as seen in The Getaway with Steve McQueen and Saving Private Ryan with Tom Hanks

...., Magnum P.I., Cobra (Technically the 9mm version), Terminator 2, Casablanca, Sahara, Expendables, Remo Williams, Escape from L.A., Titanic, Rambo 4, and approximately 56,756.32 other things. Classics never go out of style.

My too favs

I would have suggested 'two favs', but browncoats don't focus on grammar. I don't recognize the second, tho'.

I mentioned elsewhere trying to use a Nerf Longstrike to make, but I suppose it would be more of an homage.

Most representations have large wood stocks, based on real world examples.

While I have plenty of real world firearm and movie energy weapon favorites, seems rude to mention in this thread.

More fun to find the real slug throwers at the heart of props.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back