Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Steampunk Nerf.

Original Nerf.

Shoulder strap made from recycled belt.

Shoulder Strap.

Angle shot:

Front barrels.

Scope is painted a Rustolium brand " Oil rubbed bronze ".
It has a metallic shine in the light.

I made a protective cover from a pair of sweats cut in half and resewn together.

Looking good everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 179
After YEARS of lurking here (and the lightsaber threads) and being inspired by you guys, I've taken up a new hobby. Need to take real photos in the light with an actual camera, but right now from my phone, I'm dying to share my first foray. Well, the first I'm willing to share...

This is a stock Deploy. My "story" for this one was a warhorse/relic. A gun powered with an atomic fuel cell that makes it's own ammo by grinding whatever the user feeds into it-- turning scrap into buckshot that's hurled via EM rails. So basically, the gun can operate in the field for decades without service.

I figure this one belonged to some solider dropped on a remote planet to claim it, knowing full well no one would be back for him for years...

C.jpgB.jpg

After YEARS of lurking here (and the lightsaber threads) and being inspired by you guys, I've taken up a new hobby. Need to take real photos in the light with an actual camera, but right now from my phone, I'm dying to share my first foray. Well, the first I'm willing to share...

This is a stock Deploy. My "story" for this one was a warhorse/relic. A gun powered with an atomic fuel cell that makes it's own ammo by grinding whatever the user feeds into it-- turning scrap into buckshot that's hurled via EM rails. So basically, the gun can operate in the field for decades without service.

I figure this one belonged to some solider dropped on a remote planet to claim it, knowing full well no one would be back for him for years...

View attachment 579688View attachment 579687

That such a cool paint job for the CS-6, I have found so few paint jobs for this gun and I'm glad yours is so cool. I actually have one myself and have wanted to give it a gun metal paint job with a stained wood furniture for the grip and pump. This forum has definitely got me itching to do that modification for my gun. anyway awesome build man.

Hello again,

My latest creation - the lightened Flipfury.

It features a shaved and filled grip for a less feral feel, and substantially less bodywork under the drums. I say 'lightened' but it's still a fairly hefty piece of hardware, but it is easier to fit into a holster now...

and here's a few shots detailing the grip, bodywork, drums and muzzle.

Hope you like it :)

Thanks for the props everyone :)
@harrisonp The body was done with standard metallic gun-metal grey and matt black enamels, then dirtied up with an acrylic matt black wash. The drums and slide were base-coated with matt black, then Rustoleum silver hammered metal and finished with an acrylic matt black wash which I polished back with acrylic thinner. I picked out a few details with paint pens and then lastly, the whole thing was drybrushed with silver. I'm glad you like it :)

came out cleaner than mine:

* I probably should have gone a bit lighter
* mine also doesnt shoot darts anymore either. :( (but the trade off what worth it IMHO)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the light and sound functions and the spinning drum - even if it doesn't shoot darts any more it's still really cool!

Where do you get your electronics from?

Thanks..

As far as electronics.. I made them myself. ;)

I'm a big fan of all things Arduino... and this is (more or less) a custom Arduino board merged with a custom .wav player (Wave Shield)

I've done some other cool electronics projects as well:

off-topic here a bit.

DC-17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj58wl-aT0M

(which was a little more involved.. but uses the same main board/brain as the maverick project)..

you could probably do similar to the Maverick by using an Arduino Pro-Mini...(or Nano).. and a little 3rd party wav player board (I'd have to look up one of the versions to post as I dont know the model number off the top of my head)

not sure if you know anything about Arduino's? but if you are interested and have questions, let me know.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back