Royal Guard - The Force Unleashed

Re: Royal Guard Helmet - The Force Unleashed

And, since I was advised by Photobucket support on a workaround while they address the issue, PICTURES! As promised. :p Here's a pic of one of the production helmets for AOTC (either an original ROTJ from the Archives or new but made to match for the newer film) under normal indoor lighting (not set lights).

2003_zpsrm2i9lg8.jpg

Nilo's original concept art had red, as he liked the shocking splash of color against the otherwise monochrome Imperial look. When actually making the stuff, the guy doing the assembly and painting wanted to go with candy apple red, as an homage to George's fondness for hot rods and American Graffiti. Under lighting it registered as too orange, so the paint got darkened a little. To illustrate, here's my helmet in regular room lighting:

523463_3682012457984_502959791_n.jpg

...and under studio lighting:

199780_10151117052839798_1168175456_n.jpg

--Jonah

I will keep this in mind when I do a proper royal guard. For my Force Unleashed I think I'm going to stick with the paint job I've done.

XBuGffd.jpg

gXbDwea.jpg

I was worried the kama would be too noticeably different from the red of the armor but I think it evens out pretty well actually.

Hello,

Where did you get the plan for this? Looking really good I have been looking everywhere for a Shadow Guard armour but unable to find. You willing to sell any parts?

Thanks

@Escher, I feel really silly. I had just gone back through my PMs to refresh my memory on the status of the NCR Veteran Ranger helmet with the guy who was working on that... only to see it was you. *headdesk* That amuses me more than it should, probably. But I'm doubly glad now I've been able to assist you with this project. :)

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:

@Escher, I feel really silly. I had just gone back through my PMs to refresh my memory on the status of the NCR Veteran Ranger helmet with the guy who was working on that... only to see it was you. *headdesk* That amuses me more than it should, probably. But I'm doubly glad now I've been able to assist you with this project. :)

--Jonah

Oh, lmao. What timing too because I just started working on that again..

That is awesome!

I think the designers shoulda put a lil bit of red somewhere between the belt and shins... just kind of a void there...

But... WOW. This looks WAY better than Snokes new guards!

Amazing work from paper to finish... that paint job looks stellar.

That is awesome!

I think the designers shoulda put a lil bit of red somewhere between the belt and shins... just kind of a void there...

But... WOW. This looks WAY better than Snokes new guards!

Amazing work from paper to finish... that paint job looks stellar.

Agreed, a cod piece would really complete the look I think..in fact this might be the only Empire costume without a cod piece..?

Agreed, a cod piece would really complete the look I think..in fact this might be the only Empire costume without a cod piece..?

TIE Fighter Pilot and AT-AT Driver don't. Biker Scout doesn't unless you count the "diaper". And, of course, both early and late versions of Senate/Chancellor's/Royal Guards.

In a somewhat related vein, PM inbound...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back