It is clear that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force.... But....

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dooku wip2.jpg
Dooku wip.jpg

For some time now, I've been working on a Dooku model. There have been several idealized replicas of this prop, but I haven't seen any that capture all the wonkiness of the original. It's a bizarre prop, nothing is symmetrical. Nothing lines up. It has a real organic quality that I've tried to capture. Hope you all like seeing my progress

Oh. I'm sure this took weeks to machine. And it was put together with tons of love and care. But, if you're used to seeing an idealized replica like the MR, you'd be surprised how different the original prop actually is.

CountDookusLightsaber mis aligned.jpg

Take a look at the red lines I've drawn in this photo. You'll see how the lines from one section are completely misaligned with the next.
On the pommel, the base ring is thicker than the front ring. The recesses in the curved grip section are all spaced differently and measure different lengths from one to another. Then you move down to the emitter, which sits off-center to the curved grip.

Not slapped together. But, these peculiarities are what makes the saber interesting to me, and sets it apart from all of the replicas out there.

Oh. I'm sure this took weeks to machine. And it was put together with tons of love and care. But, if you're used to seeing an idealized replica like the MR, you'd be surprised how different the original prop actually is.

View attachment 1766662

Take a look at the red lines I've drawn in this photo. You'll see how the lines from one section are completely misaligned with the next.
On the pommel, the base ring is thicker than the front ring. The recesses in the curved grip section are all spaced differently and measure different lengths from one to another. Then you move down to the emitter, which sits off-center to the curved grip.

Not slapped together. But, these peculiarities are what makes the saber interesting to me, and sets it apart from all of the replicas out there.
That honestly seems way more like what I'd imagine a Jedi/Sith weapon would end up as. They're meant to be partially from bits that don't always go together. Particularly when customised. I like that.

Excellent.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but the only difference between AOTC and ROTS is the elbow being chromed like the rest of the hilt.

Excellent.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but the only difference between AOTC and ROTS is the elbow being chromed like the rest of the hilt.
Actually it's more complicated than that. The AOTC hero, which I'm modeling and have posted pictured above, was reused and chromed for ROTS. But, there also appears to be a couple different ROTS props created, each with subtle differences in proportions and details. They also created dueling sabers for ROTS which had a straight grip section, where the hero bent.

Actually it's more complicated than that. The AOTC hero, which I'm modeling and have posted pictured above, was reused and chromed for ROTS. But, there also appears to be a couple different ROTS props created, each with subtle differences in proportions and details. They also created dueling sabers for ROTS which had a straight grip section, where the hero bent.

Interesting. I knew about the straight-grip stunts, but not the others.

I also prefer the AOTC version with the matte elbow. But it would still be cool to have both versions.

I’ve been holding off getting a Dooku hilt for years because all of them are idealized and often have inaccurate things added to make their construction easier.

Definitely looking forward to it.

new knuckle dooku.jpg

Thanks for your support, everyone. I spent the last day or so redrawing the silver-painted knuckle section from scratch, because I wasn't happy with the part I had. It's quite a difficult part to model (well at least is was for me) but I'm pretty happy where I've got to with that part now. Again, it's asymmetrical, it's unbalanced, and the holes aren't centered. But, I kinda love it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back