Rankin-Bass Rudolph puppets - re-creations?

Hi vaderdarth,

Your recreations of these characters look incredible! I would love to pay you to use these puppets for a video shoot or hire you to build some for us. Let me know if you are interested? We are looking to have a Christmas video done by mid-December. Please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally finished my base for the two I did.

Rudy_fini.jpg

Rudolph B.jpgRudolph A.jpg I've checked out this thread for a long time and really wanted a Rudolph replica of my own...I actually found a felt artist on Ebay who made this amazing recreation for me...He doesn't have a lighted nose, but he is the closest I've ever seen to the original prop.

Attachments

• Rudy 3.jpg
    Rudy 3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 334
Hello Bsarc1,

I think the replicas are great. Would you know if the felt artist would make another Rudolph and could you give me their contact information?

Thank you

Seems the current owner of the original Rudolph and Santa puppets has put them on ebay and wants $10 million!

Pumpernickel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-S...865351?hash=item1ed607f807:g:vbMAAOSwmwtaOSYd

Oh, great! You know it's against the rules to post live auctions, right?! Dang it! I was going to snipe this at 10 million, but now that you let the cat out of the bag it looks like NOW I'll have to spend...!

God, how have I managed to not get kicked off the RPF? :lol

Against the Rules. Unless the live auction is somehow for INSTRUCTIONAL purposes.

What have you learned ? :devil That we're a nation of capitalists ?

The seller ended the auction early due to "there was a mistake in the listing". Any bets that someone made him an offer and he screwed eBay out of their cut?

The seller ended the auction early due to "there was a mistake in the listing". Any bets that someone made him an offer and he screwed eBay out of their cut?

The mistake was thinking someone would pay 10 Mill. But I've seen such on Pawn Stars. If you start at a really high starting point, you can potentially get the highest price from the buyer. Starting low makes the buyer start low also.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back