Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School WIP)

JEEZ!!! That is INCREDIBLE!

the length of that face plate in the side view compared to the shortness of the back of the helmet flare...soooo cool. I really LOVE this. it is gonna be GREAT!

Looks great. How far off till casting?

I'll start the mold tomorrow.... Planning on having the first batch by the beginning of June... Thanks to everyone who PMed me about my run info. You have me booked with a lot of extra work! Lol... But, it's definitely the funnest most enjoyable type of work...I'll keep you posted on what's going on as it progresses.

I thought this sculpt was GREAT when you were posting pics of your progress before, but HOLY ****** DUDE, after seeing your video, this thing KICKS A**!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I SO CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!(y)cool

Wow, this looks fantastic!! I love the "old school" approach, of actually sculpting it by hand. Really looking forward to the final painted piece.

An Amazing Work, "Une pure élégance".

That I can say : It's to close of perfection.
Seems a real prop (unpainted). =)

Love your work.

Whoa, amazing work, it looks like real movie replica to me.

So you plan to keep it in one piece?

... Okay, so after 3 weeks, and listening to countless hours of Pink Floyd to get my mind in the sculpting zone, I think I have taken this thing as far as I'm going to....

Therefore, let me remind everyone, this was done by hand, not computers. So, is it perfect? No way! ... But is it a good rendition, I hope you think so, I sure love it!...
I chose not to smooth out and refine the top of the helmet too much, because I have a feeling the one in the movie will be kinda rough as well.... Also, I know some of you wanted me to have to front faceplate come off, but I don't have enough 'real' reference for that. So it is what it is... In the future maybe I'll refine the design when I have more to go on.

So I hope you enjoy my little video!... May the Force be with you all! (And the mold maker) haha!:lol
http://youtu.be/hKUxhvOK3yM

Looks like the music you used (maybe) has it blocked in Germany...
Capture.PNG

Looks like the music you used (maybe) has it blocked in Germany...
... Well, we can't have that here's a link to the same video without music... Just for my German friends...,

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Sni9er!.... We will see if Disney comes to chop my head off, as well as reduce my children, and my children's children to poverty...:cry

well if so i'll join you on the gallows hahaha !!

My mesh is almost complete, just adding the finishing parts then time to print and sand forever hahaha

May the force be with you

well if so i'll join you on the gallows hahaha !!

My mesh is almost complete, just adding the finishing parts then time to print and sand forever hahaha

May the force be with you

Cool!... Look forward to seeing it!... May the Force be with you as well, my friend!

... Well, we can't have that here's a link to the same video without music... Just for my German friends...,
http://youtu.be/47Fu9GQ1BhU

Thanks!

A couple questions I've got that I must have missed somewhere...

On the left and right of the dome, where the vertical line reaches the "mohawk" I see a flat indention at the top of the line. Where did you come up with the detail?

I like how the mowhawk has a lot of depth to it, how you made it stand up on its own vs just having a line that separated the different parts of the helmet. Maybe it's all artistic rendering at this point, but it really brings the dome to life.

Glad to be on the run!

The Force is with you Master Ed ! I can't believe this was done by hand ! 3D modeling has nothing on you . I can't wait to see it in person.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back