Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School WIP)

So, if you look at this concept art image in black and white, you can see that the chrome cheek area details are actually in the concept drawing, where in the colored version it doesnt look like they are there. this makes me think that the helmet is probably very very close to what this concept looks like.

also it looks like there are two more groves in the side of the helmet... tell me what you think. I used photoshop to show it on your sculpt... of course, the lines are angled a bit high (i was using the clone tool)
.... I saw those too... Hmmm ... Do they really go all the way around? I can't tell. But this is what we should do. Have a vote!...

Let me know what you all think... Should I put the lines in? Vote yes or no, and explain why....

Xena cast the first vote , yes.

Share with us your thoughts

hmmmm is exactly what i am thinking...ahahaha

you know what will happen? if the vote is to add the lines... then when we see the helm fully in official pics it wont have them, if we vote no, then it probably really does... thats gonna be the luck! HA!

here is another a little lighter... is is VERY hard to decide if those are the lines continuing or if they are just lines from the artist, scratches in the helmet...who knows!

6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

looking at it again, they do look as though they could be damage to the helmet...not design. that side also has what looks to be damage on the point of the helmet...down by his neck which clearly they chose NOT to do in the final helmet as we can see from the celebration exhibit photos.

hmmmm is exactly what i am thinking...ahahaha

you know what will happen? if the vote is to add the lines... then when we see the helm fully in official pics it wont have them, if we vote no, then it probably really does... thats gonna be the luck! HA!

here is another a little lighter... is is VERY hard to decide if those are the lines continuing or if they are just lines from the artist, scratches in the helmet...who knows!

- - - Updated - - -

looking at it again, they do look as though they could be damage to the helmet...not design. that side also has what looks to be damage on the point of the helmet...down by his neck which clearly they chose NOT to do in the final helmet as we can see from the celebration exhibit photos.

Well I'm thoroughly unsure what to do! Haha!... We'll see what the consensus is this weekend and then go from there.... :confused

Lines are a fairly easy fix. If etching in a line or two, or filling a line or two, is the biggest problem we have when a full view is released.... we're in pretty good shape.

However, I'd vote for the lines being cast into it because it's easier to fill a line than it is to etch one in.

Lines are a fairly easy fix. If etching in a line or two, or filling a line or two, is the biggest problem we have when a full view is released.... we're in pretty good shape.

However, I'd vote for the lines being cast into it because it's easier to fill a line than it is to etch one in.
... That's 2 votes for lines...

Exactly my thoughts. A little bit of filler is easy to fill in a couple lines of need be

I say to the lines as well, easy enough to fill in if need be.

Its looking like the lines are going to be put in!.... The fill in reasoning seems to be the most reasonable. I'll be working on the Helmet again tomorrow , so barring a dramatic shift the other way I'll put the lines Xena suggested in!

Thanks again everyone for your support!... I'm planning on posting video once the Helmet has been completely finished. Molding is scheduled to start midweek!

I agree , I vote to keep the lines

The lines will remain for sure... I'll post the final version of this sculpt tomorrow and then Wednesday molding begins!...:D

... Okay, so after 3 weeks, and listening to countless hours of Pink Floyd to get my mind in the sculpting zone, I think I have taken this thing as far as I'm going to....

Therefore, let me remind everyone, this was done by hand, not computers. So, is it perfect? No way! ... But is it a good rendition, I hope you think so, I sure love it!...
I chose not to smooth out and refine the top of the helmet too much, because I have a feeling the one in the movie will be kinda rough as well.... Also, I know some of you wanted me to have to front faceplate come off, but I don't have enough 'real' reference for that. So it is what it is... In the future maybe I'll refine the design when I have more to go on.

So I hope you enjoy my little video!... May the Force be with you all! (And the mold maker) haha!:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back