"Zombieland" gets TV series - NOT a sequel?

^Not concerned with money...picky? I dunno. He did that odd part in 2012. Even if he doesn't do the t.v. show as a regular, maybe he can do a few guest appearances.

A TV series would be awesome but now we've been spoiled with Woody H and crew and it will be tough to sell a new cast.

Woody said, "I never wanted to do a sequel to anything I've been in until now." I guess that means he enjoyed playing the role of Tallahassee so much that he's more than willing to come back for another movie, so why not a TV series? He's done TV work before and he gets to play more of Tallahassee. :)

Loved Zombieland, but this is just an attempt to make money since they see the great success of "The Walking Dead" as a series. Could work, have to wait and see...
I suspect you're right.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and the Underworld and Twilight franchises were big hits and made quite a lot of money, and now vampires are everywhere. Popular entertainment is so over-saturated with vampires now that they're not even frightening any more. I like a good zombie movie as much as the next fan, but I'm concerned zombies will become the new vampires.

Look at what has happened to the Frankenstein Monster over the decades. In 1931 people were so frightened by Boris Karloff in Jack Pierce's brilliant makeup that some women fainted and others walked out of theaters. Then the Monster met Abbott and Costello, married Dracula's daughter and moved to 1313 Mockingbird Lane, and now he's selling beer wearing Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses. :unsure

That aside, I have no idea whether or not Zombieland would make for a good television series. Personally, I think it would work better as a series of movies, especially since it would have to be "watered down" somewhat for broadcast television. Regardless, if Ruben Fleischer and at least Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg aren't involved (and it sounds like they won't be) it may or may not be good, but it won't be the same.

Unfortunately they will probably replace the actors with tweens who have raging hormones and have to fight off an occasional zombie so they can get back to running around with their shirts off and big floppy hairdoos making googly eyes at each other to save a half naked guy or girl that someone will fall in love with and then................................

Unfortunately they will probably replace the actors with tweens who have raging hormones and have to fight off an occasional zombie so they can get back to running around with their shirts off and big floppy hairdoos making googly eyes at each other to save a half naked guy or girl that someone will fall in love with and then................................
Great googly moogly, I hadn't considered that. Yep, it'll suck.

to heck with zombieland the series, we need a show that will prove to be good like say about a family of backwood hillbilly's that hunt wild hogs. Now THAT my friend has staying power.

I think the main problem with a "Zombieland" series is the limited cast. There's no sense of danger. Unlike "The Walking Dead", you kind of knew everyone would make it through okay. It works fine for a movie, but it would wear thin for a series.

I think I'm going to pitch a new series: "The Walken Dead". When anyone dies, they come back as a blood thirsty, flesh eating, wise cracking, Christopher Walken.

I think the main problem with a "Zombieland" series is the limited cast. There's no sense of danger. Unlike "The Walking Dead", you kind of knew everyone would make it through okay. It works fine for a movie, but it would wear thin for a series.

I think I'm going to pitch a new series: "The Walken Dead". When anyone dies, they come back as a blood thirsty, flesh eating, wise cracking, Christopher Walken.
Needs more cow bell!

As long as the Zombies don't SPARKLE,(thats what killed vampires off).
With Brad Pitt making a zombie film,things could go either way,too many films/tv shows or not enough.
If anything zombie should be made for the screen it should be,
The plague of the dead,the morningstar strain.
The best zombie book i've read in yonks

Maybe a zombie comedy could work on a weekly show. Just please...no smart evolving zombies. They are DEAD, their rotting little by little. What was Romero thinking?

How about a show about "sparkling tween zombies that get smarter as they decay and form deep rooted feelings and relationships for others as they work out deep emotional hormone driven conflicts"?

Seriously though, if it shows up on TV I'll give it a shot.

Loved Zombieland, but this is just an attempt to make money since they see the great success of "The Walking Dead" as a series. Could work, have to wait and see...

That's what I think. Made by people looking for a paycheck, as cheaply as possible. Poor acting, poor writing, poor us.

It be just as successful as Blade the series, or Animal House the series. Sometimes a series does work, like MASH, but it needs a lot of care and love.

That's what I think. Made by people looking for a paycheck, as cheaply as possible. Poor acting, poor writing, poor us.

It be just as successful as Blade the series, or Animal House the series. Sometimes a series does work, like MASH, but it needs a lot of care and love.

But you guys know that Zombieland was first developed as a TV series first. The only reason why it became a movie was because CBS, after purchasing the rights to it, didn't develop it into a TV series and the writers who came up with it bought the rights back so they could change it into a movie. There were three episodes that had been written out by the writers. Honestly, after the success of the movie, I'm surprised CBS didn't begin development of the show after the opening weekend of the movie.

like they killed bill murry (although he was not a zombie spoiler)

it would be cool if they killed a guest celebrity zombie per week,

for example the kardashians. jeje.

You're right! There are too many zombie shows on the air. What I want is more reality television shows and competition shows like Dancing with Yo' Mamma, Are You Smarter Than A Homeless Person and Canadian Idol. I want to watch snotty, stuck up girls get drunk and complain about how they think their boyfriends are gay. AND I WANT IT ALL EDITED INTO ONE BIG SHOW, SO I CAN WATCH IT ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

I don't watch reality TV, but 'Are You Smarter Than a Homeless Person?' sounds like it has vast potential to put egg on America's face.

I don't see them using the same actors. They're still making films on the big screen and it's going to be easy to fill their characters with unknowns or just create an entirely different cast. Anyone hoping or thinking that Harrelson and the rest are going to be in this should forget that now and save some grief.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back