"Zombieland" gets TV series - NOT a sequel?

Yeah, the "zombie kill of the week" bit was supposedly a remnant from the series idea. If they keep the same quality as the film, I'll be happy to see it on a weekly basis.

Yeah because there's no way they could do a decent weekly show about zombies right? Can you people give the pessimism a break every now and then? I swear to God everything that's proposed around here lately is "Going to Suck". Instead of trying something different like this, I guess TV can go with another Crime Drama, cause we don't have enough of those.

Yeah because there's no way they could do a decent weekly show about zombies right? Can you people give the pessimism a break every now and then? I swear to God everything that's proposed around here lately is "Going to Suck". Instead of trying something different like this, I guess TV can go with another Crime Drama, cause we don't have enough of those.

I keep holding out for CSI:pittsburgh... maybe next season.

Pessimism is the RPF's strong suite.

Did I ever tell you guys I used to work at Wild Adventures, the place that they used for the setting of Pacific Playland in the film?

If not, now you know.

Somehow, I just don't see the original actors returning to television. This will either feature new characters or a different cast portraying these roles. The only time I recall that being pulled of successfully was M*A*S*H... and honestly, that show was so different than the movie that I pretty much consider the two, two separate entities.

Loved Zombieland, but this is just an attempt to make money since they see the great success of "The Walking Dead" as a series. Could work, have to wait and see...

Were you the creepy clown :p

LOL. Nope, I worked in Food Services, serving Dippin' Dots at the end of Bugsville. Actually, you see part of the area where I used to work in multiple times in the film (the first ride Tallahassee jumps on, called "The Aviator", which is behind the booth). Despite what you guys know of the park through the film, there are no clowns or clown characters at the park.

They did change a few details just for the film. I can name every ride featured and seen in the background in the film. Honestly, I could go all day talking about the Park and some of the differences, but I don't want to bore any of you guys.

I keep holding out for CSI:pittsburgh... maybe next season.

Pessimism is the RPF's strong suite.

They were going to do CSI Pittsburgh, but then realized that every week Ben Rothlisberger would be the guest star/bad guy.

Why wouldn't Woody return to TV? Weekly Phat Paycheck = weed $$$. In fact to get the zombies to have the correct "Lurch and Shuffle" they'd just have the actors sit in his trailer for 5 mins. Of course craft services is going to take a pounding but still...

So long as they keep the same premise of the movie I could very much see a series working. I'd prefer that they kept the same actors, but it's not a dealbreaker for me so long as they keep the same characters.

Somehow, I just don't see the original actors returning to television. This will either feature new characters or a different cast portraying these roles. The only time I recall that being pulled of successfully was M*A*S*H... and honestly, that show was so different than the movie that I pretty much consider the two, two separate entities.

Stargate was pretty successful.

They were going to do CSI Pittsburgh, but then realized that every week Ben Rothlisberger would be the guest star/bad guy.

Why wouldn't Woody return to TV? Weekly Phat Paycheck = weed $$$. In fact to get the zombies to have the correct "Lurch and Shuffle" they'd just have the actors sit in his trailer for 5 mins. Of course craft services is going to take a pounding but still...

Wow, I'm surprised it took that long for a Rothlisberger crack.

I'd give it a try. Might be kind of fun to see it if they get different celebs each week, and we get to see them killed off in humorous ways. Maybe.

The last time he did even close to regular work on television was in 2001, and that was for 7 episodes. He appears to be pretty picky about the roles he plays. Sure if we were talking Nic Cage, he'd do an infomercial kid's pajamas, printed to look like SS uniforms if they offered him enough money... but Woody doesn't seem to be concerned with money too much.

From what I've read his interest was waning anyway. He's not big on doing sequels as it is, but apparently started to lose interest the further out the sequel got.

As for the rest of the cast- they all seem to be doing pretty successfully in movies. I mean, Abigail Breslin might be available, but she isn't twelve anymore either.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back