yourprops.com news!

update:

The celebrity's name in the item listing is now clickable and links to all items used by that actor or actress. (1200 names so far)

There also is a " show all images" button which shows all the images uploaded for that item. So no more clicking thru the icons.

Tim

IMPORTANT:

If you are using the same log-in (name and/or password) on yourprops and theRPF.com, please log on to yourprops.com and change your password ASAP!!!

Tim

Are you using a safe password?

unsafe passwords are: your username, your nickname on a prop forum or ebay, or character or object names like Darth Vader or NCC-1701A or any word found in a dictionary.

A safe password should contain both upper and lower case letters and numbers and special characters like this example:

H,lg!CIby...HB?!

If this seems too hard to remember, maybe you remember this line from "Back To The Future 2":

Hey, little girl! Can I borrow your ... Hover Board?!
H , l g ! C I b y ... H B ?!

Or something like this:

Il2pah#opoYP!

Which is "short" for:
I love to post a huge number props on Your Props!
;)

So think about changing your password to something that is easy to remember and absolutely impossible for others to guess!

Hi Tim:
Newish-member here, but have been viewing for about 2 years...
Just joined YourProps..Great Site. I will be adding my ....Tiny collection soon :unsure

Already changed my password...

But just for interest: What is worst case what can happen? Someone can log in with my account and can delete or add my props... I think of course it would be annoying if someone flood the page with strange stuff, loading weird pictures up or something, but anything what can be really dangerous for me or the webpage itself?

Hi idahorandom,

welcome abord! Looking forward to seeing your collection!

Already changed my password...

But just for interest: What is worst case what can happen? Someone can log in with my account and can delete or add my props... I think of course it would be annoying if someone flood the page with strange stuff, loading weird pictures up or something, but anything what can be really dangerous for me or the webpage itself?

Worst case, he can:
-delete all your stuff or
-pm me, asking to delete all your stuff and delete your account or
-change your email address and password or
-offer your stuff for sale thru another email address and make you look like a crook.

Unsafe user passwords are not a threat to the site.

I am not forcing anybody to use a safe password, but I think it would be a good idea.

So far, only one account had been hacked (in 2010), and all the images replaced with, well, "inappropriate" images. But we were able to restore everything.

Tim

Hm... Ok... Just another question...

I have some stuff from Lord of the rings or POTC for example... There are all 3 movies and LOTR Trilogy... If I add something to the trilogy it appears in all 3 movies... But in those days I add the first stuff this option wasn't available.

So, any chance of getting stuff used in all 3 movies from Fellowship to the Trilogy, without the "add a new prop" option?!?

Hm... Ok... Just another question...

I have some stuff from Lord of the rings or POTC for example... There are all 3 movies and LOTR Trilogy... If I add something to the trilogy it appears in all 3 movies... But in those days I add the first stuff this option wasn't available.

So, any chance of getting stuff used in all 3 movies from Fellowship to the Trilogy, without the "add a new prop" option?!?

I moved your items.

Tim

I noticed a few members here do not have a working yourprops.com icon under their avatar.

I think these members pasted the whole http path into the field in the userCP here. Just posting the yourprops username will make the link work.

Just click on your icon to see if it works. Even the icons linked incorrectly will redirect to yourprops, but your collection will not show.

Tim

Tim:

I not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean a link under our Avitar? or a profile image? :confused
Can you show me someone that has one working?

Thanks and sorry.. still a newbie!

EDIT
NEVER MIND... I SEE IT NOW :facepalm

Last edited:
We have established new rules for passwords. So next time you log in, please change your password under "edit profile".
You can also log-in ssl encrypted: https://www.yourprops.com
You will stay on the ssl encrypted site until you click on the top logo or the copyright notice at the bottom. We will fix that.

The other day I received a message from someone asking if we were seious about these password rules, because not even his bank was "that paranoid". I told him we are, and suggested changing his bank.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tim

We have changed the "manage your props" page. All the items are now listed on one page, and you can see how many hits each of them got and which ones already have the celebrity's name added.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back