Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

VERY nice builds, guys. If I didn't know better I would say it's my original one sitting on my shelf at home. --Ed

I've done the scratch Bolsey and the complete Praco (well... oilpan is a mold) and the Praco is one of my favorite in the collection.

Great work coming up with this saber that's true to the OT... it's tough!

Wow! This thread was a LOT of great reading! (sorry for bring it back) haha

I'm going to start collecting parts to build my own and I'd love to pick up some parts...

Looking for
2x PEM nuts
2x Screws to attach the Rim
2x Screws to attach the PEM nut
2x Sets of grips and oil pan parts modeled from the original casting sjanish made
Basically, I need everything except for the praco/bolsey flash haha

I'm considering picking up one of the Corvette sets and going all original parts (minus the grips), I already have a Lambo set on the way and just waiting on a good praco/bolsey to pop up. Tring to make one as identical to Ed's as possible!

Any help/tips from people have already completed one would be very welcome! :)

sjanish is still making those parts and they are great :)
the PEM nut I bought from skywampa on etsy but I'm sure there are other ways. i would be interested to know as well actually. (y)

Currently building my sixth (I think) Yoda.

I'll have one coin edge knurled end cap left after this one's done and sold, so I also may need one more set of parts. The wheel, control box and grips. Unless I just make my own grips. But I'd rather have the nice ones!

PEM nuts can be found on eBay. You may have to buy a gross, but it's really not that much, and they're cool parts you can use on other shish!

Short 4-40 screw or threaded rod for attaching the PEM nut.

The emitter screw is just a slotted dome head #2-56 (brass, iirc, but it gets painted black). Just a little longer than the one included with the Bolsey.

Currently building my sixth (I think) Yoda.

I'll have one coin edge knurled end cap left after this one's done and sold, so I also may need one more set of parts. The wheel, control box and grips. Unless I just make my own grips. But I'd rather have the nice ones!

PEM nuts can be found on eBay. You may have to buy a gross, but it's really not that much, and they're cool parts you can use on other shish!

Short 4-40 screw or threaded rod for attaching the PEM nut.

The emitter screw is just a slotted dome head #2-56 (brass, iirc, but it gets painted black). Just a little longer than the one included with the Bolsey.
Okay so two questions, where do I use the PEM nut? Two which screw exactly is the "emitter screw"? I'm a little confused by that as I've seen people drilling through the wheel to mount it but that's not screen accuracy... Thank you so much for all of your answers! :)

Last edited:
Screen accuracy? This thing was never on screen!

I mean, a rough CGI model was, but not this prop, no sir.

Screw goes through the center of the wheel.

I suggest reading at least the last six or seven pages of this thread, and studying the pics of the prop on partsofsw.

Screen accuracy? This thing was never on screen!

I mean, a rough CGI model was, but not this prop, no sir.

Screw goes through the center of the wheel.

I suggest reading at least the last six or seven pages of this thread, and studying the pics of the prop on partsofsw.
Well when I said screen accurate I guess I should have just said the visual dictionary version.

Oh wow even after I do see now it does go through the wheel! Honestly on Ed's it's soo flush it looks like it's part of the wheel and I didn't even notice!

Yeah I've all of the pages in this thread and I must have just missed it after reading so much good info ;)

Well when I said screen accurate I guess I should have just said the visual dictionary version.

Oh wow even after I do see now it does go through the wheel! Honestly on Ed's it's soo flush it looks like it's part of the wheel and I didn't even notice!

Yeah I've all of the pages in this thread and I must have just missed it after reading so much good info ;)

If you PM me your address I can send you some screws and a PEM nut. Lemme know!

I just picked up a bolsey 2 flash on eBay. Super excited to start work on this when it arrives. Should I keep it mirrored or is it easy to move things to the correct side like a real praco?

I wouldn't say it's easy, but it's doable.
you'll need to pry off the riveted small cylinder that goes at the top of the plastic sleeve and glue it on the other side. Then fill the holes in the plastic sleeve with bondo or other and maybe add one or two holes on the other side if you feel like it.
cheers

I didn’t want to use my praco clamp so I used a bosley on it. And kept my praco clamp in storage

Like ethan said, it’s doable just need time, drill, fill, sand

thanks for the help guys. is it worth it to go through all that trouble of switching it?
I scored a bolsey #2 for $40. It even has the knurled end cap, its anodized black though. So I will need to strip that. I already placed an order through sjanish for the lambo wheel, grips and oil pan. Just need to track down a PEM nut and the brass praco screw.

thanks for the help guys. is it worth it to go through all that trouble of switching it?
I scored a bolsey #2 for $40. It even has the knurled end cap, its anodized black though. So I will need to strip that. I already placed an order through sjanish for the lambo wheel, grips and oil pan. Just need to track down a PEM nut and the brass praco screw.

I have a correct praco and a mirrored bolsey... if you looked at each you may not even pick up they’re mirrored. I’d say just do it mirrored, it’s a lot less of a pain, with same satisfaction.

It’s a cool design. One of my faves

Almost forgot, the old link is dead, but the usaknifemaker site STILL has the 8-32 brass screws available that we use for the Praco screw!

Chain Ring Bolt 1/4" Brass MALE dia x .50"L 8-32
I've got the updated link...

I already had the link at the bottom of the post you quoted, but alright. There it is again!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back